The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

Just feedback on this build (i used http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/marauder-tanky-infernal-blow-melee-splash-explosio/) pre 1.2.

I've played up to level 67 and stopped early A3M when the patch landed.

Infernal Blow is really fun for large packs, you just walk up to a pack, hit 1-2 times and the whole pack explodes. Leap Slam is nice for mobility and a last resort of safe fighting if something hits too hard. I did't buy a Marohi Erqi, but I think it's doable to grind one with reasonable effort. But you should buy a multistrike ASAP and always upgrade you weapon to maximum damage (via vendor recipe or better).

I have to agree that this build becomes rather squishy late game. Also in A3M you need 3-4 hits to pop a pack in average and have to hop around a lot more. It becomes really uncomfortable to progress. My build didn't use any auras due to passive blood magic. A damage aura should help to improve DPS again, althought I suspect that mobs do not explode if frozen by cold damage. I think i can brute force my way through the last act it would just need more death affinity.

My last point is more general. With this build you have to be in the center of all those disco effects the game procs and it's really annoying to keep hitting mobs as the game does not auto aim mobs in range (idk if holding shift does?). Multistrike helps a little, but it has the huge drawback that you have get off those 2 extra strikes, which is really annoying if you hit air and want to chase runners.

With this build you can do large parts of the game self found. But it's not tanky as is and needs more fine tuning for a convenient end game. End-end game won't happen imo.
can't wait for a new bulid update ;)
"
Just feedback on this build (i used http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/marauder-tanky-infernal-blow-melee-splash-explosio/) pre 1.2.

I've played up to level 67 and stopped early A3M when the patch landed.

Infernal Blow is really fun for large packs, you just walk up to a pack, hit 1-2 times and the whole pack explodes. Leap Slam is nice for mobility and a last resort of safe fighting if something hits too hard. I did't buy a Marohi Erqi, but I think it's doable to grind one with reasonable effort. But you should buy a multistrike ASAP and always upgrade you weapon to maximum damage (via vendor recipe or better).

I have to agree that this build becomes rather squishy late game. Also in A3M you need 3-4 hits to pop a pack in average and have to hop around a lot more. It becomes really uncomfortable to progress. My build didn't use any auras due to passive blood magic. A damage aura should help to improve DPS again, althought I suspect that mobs do not explode if frozen by cold damage. I think i can brute force my way through the last act it would just need more death affinity.

My last point is more general. With this build you have to be in the center of all those disco effects the game procs and it's really annoying to keep hitting mobs as the game does not auto aim mobs in range (idk if holding shift does?). Multistrike helps a little, but it has the huge drawback that you have get off those 2 extra strikes, which is really annoying if you hit air and want to chase runners.

With this build you can do large parts of the game self found. But it's not tanky as is and needs more fine tuning for a convenient end game. End-end game won't happen imo.

Hi.

Get a marohi erqi asap, it will make this build so much better, hatred aura doesnt stop enemies from exploding, remove the passive blood skill and get 2 blood skill gems instead,

yes, when in a big mob you´ll take some damage, thats why you use grace and some really nice armor to compensate for that, besides its when you are in a big mob you do the most damage, when one start to explode they all do.

the biggest con for me is that multistrike even if its good, does stop you from doing anything else until its "done" which is really annoying, and can kill you.

im level 77 right now with low 6,200 infernal blow dps, 13479 armor, with all 75 % resist (except chaos.. at -60% =))and 3356 life. and i still die sometimes.
Last edited by zkin on Aug 23, 2014, 3:09:32 PM
I would also appreciate an update to this awesome guide^^

I am now at lvl 64, and just bought the Marohi. It makes this build so much more deadly. Chaos damage and some Boss enemies still give me a hard time, but mobs just vanish faster than they appear. But beware the elemental resistance on allies buff: it will instagib you.

I redid the skilltree already, concentrated on the keypoints in this build, and took in the stun/live nodes. Works perfectly fine!
"
SilencerX21 wrote:
But beware the elemental resistance on allies buff: it will instagib you.

please explain this =)

if you are talking about elemental reflect.

for my char elemental and physical reflect does near to nothing, perhaps 300 dmg, which ill heal with every blow.

I haven't tried this with every debuff, so im not sure that he will survive with curses and other stat debuffs.
Last edited by zkin on Aug 23, 2014, 4:17:03 PM
Of course reflect, mixed that up, sorry.

It will reflect the explosions of IB, wich will be an extremely hig amount of Damage on a whole mob of enemies. A single damage reflect enemy is now problem, but the group buff is evil.
Normally, i leap slam the rare one out of the game beforehand, if i see him.

But sometimes i didn't notice the one or other...
"
SilencerX21 wrote:
Of course reflect, mixed that up, sorry.

It will reflect the explosions of IB, wich will be an extremely hig amount of Damage on a whole mob of enemies. A single damage reflect enemy is now problem, but the group buff is evil.
Normally, i leap slam the rare one out of the game beforehand, if i see him.

But sometimes i didn't notice the one or other...

ok, well at least for me elemental reflect and phys reflect does next to nothing damage wise even groups of reflecters dont even reduce my hp below 75 %

but you're right to warn others about the dangers within this build.

There is a large difference between elemental and physical. Physical is harmles with endurance charges up, but elemental can become a threat even at 75% resistance.
However, since the new patch, i have much less trouble with elemental damage. Maybe the new skilltree, or some nervs, i don't know.
"
SilencerX21 wrote:
There is a large difference between elemental and physical. Physical is harmles with endurance charges up, but elemental can become a threat even at 75% resistance.
However, since the new patch, i have much less trouble with elemental damage. Maybe the new skilltree, or some nervs, i don't know.

true, when first starting following this guide i was really careful when facing ele reflect, used leap slam instead and so on.

i posted a video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9mHd-TeVmc&feature=youtu.be

it shows me fighting a pack of elemental reflects mobs, perhaps i should have waited a little and allowed them to get up close.

i even lost some cold res because i change some of my gear, its 57 % cold res now, although endurance charge boosts it a little.

the map isnt anything special, just what i had laying around, and yes with a "modded" map it will probably be more dangerous.

perhaps with that elemental curse they'll instagib me

made another video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gtLgwv45U&feature=youtu.be

yeah the quality sucks,

dl from my public dropbox, which has better quality

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20224470/2014-08-24-1224-49.flv 9 mb
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20224470/2014-08-24-1258-16.flv ~35 mb
Last edited by zkin on Aug 24, 2014, 7:30:50 AM
Will the skilltree be updated for 1.2.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info