The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

I was hoping for an update to this as well before respecing, but got impatient. This is my tree atm...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0Jlg4UDjwS4RQgFE0UUhRxGJEZ6Ro4GlUhNCcgJy8ppS3SMok0jjboOtg7Oz38R35OKlBHUeZUSVbZVw1X4lhjWfNfP2BLYJFgxGEhZKNlTWn-ah5qk25pcql07XdTd-V673zZgziDsYTZhO-GO4dqjM-QVZBskc6ZK57Fns2fy6IApKynMKeEqBipaKmUrKq0L7ZBu-28n72BvqfAD8AaxtjLQ9Ih0k3V7d7B45_rCew47w7vfPIv9kj3Mv_T

I am level 82. I have a 5L Marohi with lvl 19 Infernal Blow, Added Fire Damage, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, and Melee Splash.

Infernal Blow DPS - Prepatch was 9353
Infernal Blow DPS - Postpatch is 13,999.7

Leap Slam DPS - Prepatch was 2645.9
Leap Slam DPS - Postpatch is 4116.2

If I run lvl 15 Hatred my Infernal Blow gets up to 17,512.3

My life was 4079 and is now 4440.

The big negative for my build was a drop in Armor. I went from 6849(40%) to 5066(33%).

I am currently using Carcass Jack as my body armor and could increase my Armor with something else but I wanted to get the 20% Increased Radius of Area Skills and 12% Increased Area Damage. When I take the chest off though, the dps doesnt change with my Infernal Blow. So I am wondering now if Carcass Jack doesnt work with it? Maybe not since Melee Splash is what is making it AOE. Anyone know? I am debating about switching to Belly of the Beast. I would take my life total to 4,971.

I havent played a ton with him yet, but he definitely seems much better. I always thought DPS was his biggest issue and a near 50% increase helps. 5 more spec points could net me an additional 25% Max Life with my current tree. I think that is where I am going next.
Last edited by MadHookUp on Aug 25, 2014, 2:31:16 PM
"
MadHookUp wrote:
I am currently using Carcass Jack as my body armor and could increase my Armor with something else but I wanted to get the 20% Increased Radius of Area Skills and 12% Increased Area Damage. When I take the chest off though, the dps doesnt change with my Infernal Blow. So I am wondering now if Carcass Jack doesnt work with it? Maybe not since Melee Splash is what is making it AOE.

I think it should work, since the passive notable Amplify works too (at least Ziggy states in this guide that it does).

I also had the idea to use Carcass Jack, since I found it and thought it fits this build very well.
I'm just wondering how to make it work in a strength-heavy build like this. What did you slot in it?
I know I can tell Vorici that I need at least three red sockets, but the others will surely turn out green or even blue, won't they?

Also: thanks for this guide Ziggy, and for your coverage in general. Any chance for an update of this one? ;-)
Is there a new update coming for this build?
Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GJcAJW9PAWJtzrRM7NjltOfBznaRGSDx3dec81q3ZSk/edit#gid=0

No updated video yet though..
I like this build !! neeed update plzzz
Can anybody update this build to 1.3?
I need to update 1.3 for this build too!
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bYjM_2SF8_UEfvDhQg8i8aPrvtkc5XDdIhtC9R5uoY-OtBPyE0nsV82fcywBpZ86yqcqmQVRo4Jy_sODrYLdJ35TKJgKRV1mTnFy_60mae42oWb-98PAWaO4KbBLOiAOFz8B-fy6cwns0UTQHn_Eu8nzboYSEaVWSjEuEFLXrvdO2E72BLKaVOKrZBQzEbyKmUeHqpJ4TZvqfAZuRRh2oYkUd-vTZlTXasz3426SSqggfyQSkufLjxrMCmB3XcPSFVXhMnIIoiLPt7jHdTOzs=

You guys could try this for a 1.3 update. I didn't make it but it looks good to me.
The planes and trains are to blame
Ziggy we need the update for 1.3 Patch! Please mate. When I created this class for ambush league I liked it so very much.
After league ended I took a break from the game and now I need to use 106 Skill Points for my IB Marauder and start owning stuff again with your awesome Build. I kind of don't want to let this class go!

Truly appreciate your insight on this game and your guide making abilities.

Thanks,

RoCCocheLLo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info