The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

Why in your spec do you not take Catalyze? Does it not effect the damage of IB?
Ziggy (or any other good fella that knows about Marauders) - please help!

Man, I just have arrived on Merciless... And it is "merciless" indeed - I have NO CHANCE against any boss in this mode. For the records, Dominus on Cruel was WAY out of my league too, I've got some serious partners to get that job done.

I'm following the Infernal Blow build, and for damage is pretty good. But the survivability is a MAJOR issue on my character... What can I do bout this? Any hint? Any help?

Please... I'm about of giving up on this game... It is so frustrating die over and over again... I will never make another level like this...
"Ain't no grave can hold my body down..." - At least as long I have Continues.
to survive, look for pieces with armour/hp/res. if loose a little bit of damage while leveling through merc its fine, just aim to cap your resists,use purity if needed,really helps with the leveling.

and look for basic pieces,which you should be able to buy @ 1 or 2 chaos. That will solve your issues.
"
karangoyal wrote:
to survive, look for pieces with armour/hp/res. if loose a little bit of damage while leveling through merc its fine, just aim to cap your resists,use purity if needed,really helps with the leveling.

and look for basic pieces,which you should be able to buy @ 1 or 2 chaos. That will solve your issues.

I'll try this out friend, ty... But about the advices, I've got a few questions:

Whats the most important thing: armour points or elemental resistence? I'm using plates that priorizes the armour overall... Thats my biggest mistake?

And about this "buy @ 1 or 2 chaos"... What does that means? I'm really a noob in the terminology used on this game, nobody EVER have teached me the basics about it. That's really a pain...

Sorry for the stupid questions... But I really like this game and I want to improve my gameplay :)
"Ain't no grave can hold my body down..." - At least as long I have Continues.
"
SilenozKen wrote:
"
karangoyal wrote:

I'll try this out friend, ty... But about the advices, I've got a few questions:

Whats the most important thing: armour points or elemental resistence? I'm using plates that priorizes the armour overall... Thats my biggest mistake?

And about this "buy @ 1 or 2 chaos"... What does that means? I'm really a noob in the terminology used on this game, nobody EVER have teached me the basics about it. That's really a pain...

Sorry for the stupid questions... But I really like this game and I want to improve my gameplay :)

You need to search on this website for gear: http://poe.xyz.is/. If you need chest upgrade with specific resistis just look on there. copy the IGN of the person and then message them in game. Mostly you can buy cheap upgrades from other persons for the "1 or 2 chaos".

Hope this helped :).

BTW. Awesome build Ziggy! Having so much fun exploding big packs of mobs like its nothing. Still in normal but working my way to Piety atm and its going great!!
"
SilenozKen wrote:
"
karangoyal wrote:

Resists are quite important, especially once you've started Merciless since it reduces them by 60%. You should open your character panel and check the defense tab, it will tell you where your resists are so you can tell where you need work. You want your elemental resists capped at 75%, or as close to there as possible. You should look for armor and other gear that has resists on them, as well as HP and armor. If you need to you can spend some passive points on the resist nodes near the beginning of the marauder area, you can always spec out of them later when you have better gear.

"

Orbs are the game's currency. He means you can find armor to buy on the forums and in the game's trade chat that will cost one or two chaos orbs. Using the tool linked in the previous post to find some would be a good idea.
Hi guys!

I have a doubt, about this trigger gems:

CWDT(4)+Mont.Shell(9)+endur.cry(7)+Blood Rage(?)

Blood Rage should level it at level 9?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Feb 6, 2014, 4:10:11 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
Hi guys!

I have a doubt, about this trigger gems:

CWDT(4)+Mont.Shell(9)+endur.cry(7)+Blood Rage(?)

Blood Rage should level it at level 9?

A level 4 CWDT supports gems with a maximum level of 37 so blood rage should be max level 7.

You can find this when you mouse over your CWDT gem and showing "This gem can only Support Skill Gems of level x or lower"
That was not the first time that I read about gems that shold not evolve too much (gets "over-leveled") or else they can RUIN your strategy (like this case with Blood Magic) - but I just have no idea of how I can be able to prevent those gems of simply just keep level up if I am using them...

How can I prevent this? I mean, I can't use those gems all the time so I can keep them in the right level? I'm really confused...
"
Silenox wrote:
That was not the first time that I read about gems that shold not evolve too much (gets "over-leveled") or else they can RUIN your strategy (like this case with Blood Magic) - but I just have no idea of how I can be able to prevent those gems of simply just keep level up if I am using them...

How can I prevent this? I mean, I can't use those gems all the time so I can keep them in the right level? I'm really confused...

Gems acquire experience automatically, but they only level up when you click on the + sign on the dialogue that shows up on the right side of the screen when they get enough experience. If you right click on the + instead of left click, you dismiss the dialogue without actually leveling the gem. They continue to show up at the bottom of the inventory screen in case you decide you want to level them later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info