Anyone else use Infernal Mantle?

"
Velkor wrote:
The only type of character that wouldn't have problem with the spell damage penalty when low on mana are blood magic characters. But blood magic characters have no use for the energy shield.

So, unless I'm missing something, that leave very few builds for which the mantle could be a very good item to get.

After thinking about the blood magic + energy shield problems (they also apply to the Covenant robe (link above)), I've found some solutions that let the user regen energy shield while using blood magic skills.

1st Solution :

The "right ring" version of this item provides a permanent 4% energy shield regen per second at the cost of 0% mana regeneration. When you use blood magic, this isn't really a cost. The real cost of this item is the several exalted it costs to purchase one (about 3-5 in standard).

2nd Solution :

"Up to 30% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill" + "1% life regen per frenzy charge". So, with 0 extra frenzy charges and the Zealot's Oath keystone, you get 3% energy shield regen from this item. As a bonus, you also get +6% casting speed and +9% increased damage against enemies on low life. However, picking up Zealot's Oath prevent any life regeneration which, personnally, I don't like as a bloodmagic user.

3rd Solution :

The Voidbringer gloves are another nice option to get energy shield back when using bloodmagic. The increased 80% increased mana cost of skills is much easier to deal with when using bloodmagic and the 20 energy shield gained per kill allows energy shield regeneration while using bloodmagic skills or while in a "chaos dmg per sec" map. The high energy shield and crit chance are icing on the cake.

So, these solutions could apply to a bloodmagic build using the Infernal Mantle (to avoid the low on mana penalty).

So we could imagine a bloodmagic Fireball build using the Internal mantle + Voidbringer, Shavronne revelation or blood dance boots.

Personnally, I'd go for either the voidbringer or the shavronne revelation (or both) and avoid the Zealot's Oath Keystone :

A 105 passive points could look like this :

Also, if anyone's interested, I created a build using Freezing pulse and the covenant Robe (The Bloodpulser or the Covenant Pulser), detailed in this post :

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504561
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Aug 29, 2013, 4:51:38 PM
Mantle + Goddess Scorned anyone?
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
Mantle + Goddess Scorned anyone?

I'm going to use this when I level up appropriately but the spell dmg taken is a huuuge downside, time will tell if it's negliable :D
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
I use Infernal Mantle because i see it as a really balanced item you have to build around.

It made it possible for me to run a glasscannon build, I don't really have any troubles with the spelldamage on low mana. Just get some mana nodes and that debuff won't ever happen.

What I always wondered is why the debuff doesn't have a debuff symbol, would be nice if the game would make you aware about the moment you spammed too much.

Thanks for this nice item Raven!
Last edited by AmenAnthem on Aug 30, 2013, 1:53:56 AM
Wand MAY carry a % of damage dealt ES and Mana leech.
うにゅ?
"
NuclearRaven wrote:

Sounds nice.
May I beg you to make it a fire/crit unique again? ;)
"
NuclearRaven wrote:

Holy crap, that would be awesome!
"
AmenAnthem wrote:
"
NuclearRaven wrote:

Sounds nice.
May I beg you to make it a fire/crit unique again? ;)

That's already the plan. Remember it's going to have synergies with Infernal Mantle.
うにゅ?
Just fishing on thoughts, but what if the wand enabled Chaos damage to ignite on crit?
うにゅ?
"
NuclearRaven wrote:
Just fishing on thoughts, but what if the wand enabled Chaos damage to ignite on crit?
Assuming Infernal Mantle, you'd already be using strong fire damage, so the chaos ignite would be less than the fire ignite, so it would essentially be ignored.

Going all Voltaxic Rift and having the chaos damage shock, however... that would amplify the pre-existing fire-based ignite.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info