Anyone else use Infernal Mantle?

"
NuclearRaven wrote:
Just fishing on thoughts, but what if the wand enabled Chaos damage to ignite on crit?

Chaos burn would be awesome, however degeneration
isn't affected by resistance in general or are they?

Also the conversion must be complete, like on voltaxic, to make it appealing.
Else you take away a good portion of your burn due to the burn mechanic.
However if Chaos and Fire burn would be considered two different degeneration effects... :)
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 30, 2013, 7:48:33 PM
I use the chest, liked the design very much...

I first used the chest with my fire discharger- didn't use a searing touch as i had

and a high ES spell dmg shield, which allowed me to have higher ES (8.3k), without losing out too much on the extra +1 gem level searing touch offers(which is really strong, as it buffs cold to fire, fire pen, discharge, chance to ignite and ele prolif) but my wand and shield and this chest more than makes up for it and it also buffs other charges as well, not just endurance, so I was very satisfied with it.

Since then I've switched build, and I am now a CI LA crit bow user. Although I don't get to use a shield, I still have 6K ES and I do tonnes of deeps thanks to this extra crit chance and fire damage. As long as don't play stupidly (ie run into middle of mob and trying to face tank), I won't die,

I really love it- can't wait until the unique 3D model!
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Last edited by turtleken on Aug 30, 2013, 7:56:08 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Assuming Infernal Mantle, you'd already be using strong fire damage, so the chaos ignite would be less than the fire ignite, so it would essentially be ignored.

My apologies, I should clarify here, I meant something like an ignite that deals chaos damage, triggered by chaos crits.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Going all Voltaxic Rift and having the chaos damage shock, however... that would amplify the pre-existing fire-based ignite.

Whilst that's a cool idea, I don't particularly want to completely rip off another unique mod. It is true that reading over that mod did spark this idea. I think I may end up scrapping it though and I don't think Rory is going to allow it in it's current form.

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
However if Chaos and Fire burn would be considered two different degeneration effects... :)

This is what I very poorly tried to suggest.

I have to apologise to both you guys, I'm not usually so lazy when it comes to posting.
うにゅ?
"
NuclearRaven wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Assuming Infernal Mantle, you'd already be using strong fire damage, so the chaos ignite would be less than the fire ignite, so it would essentially be ignored.

My apologies, I should clarify here, I meant something like an ignite that deals chaos damage, triggered by chaos crits.
So exactly like the Adder's Touch notable, then?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So exactly like the Adder's Touch notable, then?

Except for wands and probably without the crit multiplier, yes.
うにゅ?
Last edited by NuclearRaven on Aug 30, 2013, 11:01:06 PM
"
NuclearRaven wrote:
That's already the plan. Remember it's going to have synergies with Infernal Mantle.

So why did you say that the wand was aimed for a physical wander?
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
NuclearRaven wrote:
That's already the plan. Remember it's going to have synergies with Infernal Mantle.

So why did you say that the wand was aimed for a physical wander?

Put physical in get chaotic suns out.
うにゅ?
So I theorycrafted a build that will really love this, provided that the way blood magic works allows the downside of Infernal Mantle to be negated.

Explosive Arrow. Infernal Mantle. Voltaxic Rift. Elemental Proliferation on burns and shocks. Blood Magic due to insane costs of EA and to negate downside of Infernal Mantle. Shavronne's Ring to make ES regen as you could easily get 2k ES with this chest and some low armour/es gear, and you don't have mana anyways so regeneration of mana downside is negated.

Explosive Arrow is easily one of the most crazy skills in terms of scaling of damage as it levels. The level 20 and 21 versions have insane damage on them. Take a portion of that damage and allow it to shock, and you have less of a fire damage hit, but you have a high chance (30% with static blows and such) that the chaos conversion will shock a mob, if not more than 1 mob. Individual shocks proliferate onto each other resulting in a triple shock stack, and burn damage thus gets a 120% damage boost. Meaning if your burn was ticking for 1000 damage per second, its now ticking for 2200.

Perhaps the shock won't be as long as I think it will or need it to last, but you have a lot of lightning damage that can get scaled on the voltaxic, so you could pontentially use some other skill to proliferate some shock stacks. You want a skill that will set off Elemental Equilibrium anyways. And you can't lower your chaos damage through Elemental Equilibrium anyways.

I'll be testing this myself soon. I just bought a voltaxic rift bow today, but I'm quite short on currency at this time. This should be fun though.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Yeah, Voltaxis brings absolutely new ways of using Infernal Mantle.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I've got it on my Incinerate build.The Mana barely budges even with level 10 Arctic armor on.I think I have something like 3K Mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info