Anyone else use Infernal Mantle?

"
TheuberClips wrote:
As for the EA Voltaxic Infernal Mantle build, I've changed the build a little. The Voltaxic is simply a weapon swap right now. I don't know if I will be socketing anything in it but Quill Rain is almost essential for doing every arrow shot.

I made sure that the swap works and that you can shock targets. Yes, you can. If you fire the explosive arrows with quill rain, then swap to Voltaxic Rift before the explosion, the explosion's chaos damage can shock.

Ugh, sounds like a painfully complicated set up for me. Hmmm, is it worth it ?
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
Velkor wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:
As for the EA Voltaxic Infernal Mantle build, I've changed the build a little. The Voltaxic is simply a weapon swap right now. I don't know if I will be socketing anything in it but Quill Rain is almost essential for doing every arrow shot.

I made sure that the swap works and that you can shock targets. Yes, you can. If you fire the explosive arrows with quill rain, then swap to Voltaxic Rift before the explosion, the explosion's chaos damage can shock.

Ugh, sounds like a painfully complicated set up for me. Hmmm, is it worth it ?

It's powerful as hell. It gets complicated adding EE into the equation, from personal experience. And 15 exalts for shock stacks? Maybe not so much at the current price.

EA currently struggles against fire resistant mobs though, and even without voltaxic, I see the difference in using the chest. Oddly enough, between the +1 gems and the 35% fire damage on the chest (which I just noticed is max roll, I didn't realize mine was max) you actually still are doing more fire damage in the end even after the 25% chaos conversion. At least at level 20 gem.

I didn't have static blows for the testing either, and I'm still missing a lot of things. My gear is still pretty subpar. I probably won't revisit voltaxic until 75+ where I should have way more life and static blows. And 80-85 I should have way more ES and armor as well. But when I do shock, even fire resist mobs die in 1 burn. Reflect is also still not an issue.

I also need to look at keybinds because having to press x for the weapon swap is scary. It brings my finger away from my ruby flask... Perhaps I should put ruby on my mouse side button if I can (and I'm sure theres a way to do it).

But mathematically it is a massive DPS increase. The only question is if EA isn't already powerful enough to use without that 15 exalt investment.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Sep 5, 2013, 3:00:36 PM
I've used Infernal Mantle for a big part of solo'ing endgame maps with my LMP crit Fireball witch. It's a nice chest, giving lots of dps and the chaos dmg conversion helps killing high-ES enemies a bit faster.
Biggest downside is the "100% Spell Dmg taken on low Mana" part, had to drop Haste or else some enemies like maze vaal or temple piety could 2-3 shot me. So, for everyone who plans to use this chest, have lots of mana regen and don't run too many auras on mana.

I've recently switched to a high ES vaal regalia though, 1k more ES is quite a difference, but on the opposite i've also lost ~1k tooltip dps.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
So, for everyone who plans to use this chest, have lots of mana regen and don't run too many auras on mana.

...or pick up the blood magic Keystone.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
Velkor wrote:
"
Enki91 wrote:
So, for everyone who plans to use this chest, have lots of mana regen and don't run too many auras on mana.

...or pick up the blood magic Keystone.

Ya, incase you're not CI ;)
twitch.tv/enki91
Logged in just to say.

You funny man NuclearRaven.

Wonder if we'll see the Control Rod or leggings/shoes anytime.

I use it for the energy shield and for the Crit. I'm almost never low on mana so it all works out. These two items together give me a massive ES boost. Personal preference.

"
Kippeth wrote:
Logged in just to say.

You funny man NuclearRaven.

Wonder if we'll see the Control Rod or leggings/shoes anytime.

I am working on her arm as we speak...um...type.
うにゅ?
I use a 5L of this for my low life + RF sporker - cant run haste (pain anyways after the last major patch), but it seems to fill the gap until i get a high es chest with decent mods.
Last edited by jdcllc_cell on Sep 14, 2013, 10:58:51 AM
Flame Totem+1 - Fire Pen+1 - Faster Casting - LMP 4L
Flame Totem+1 - Fire Pen+1 - Faster Casting - LMP - Iron Will (for ST chars) 5L
Flame Totem+1 - Fire Pen+1 - Faster Casting - LMP - Inc Burning dmg+1 - Ele Proli+1 6L

Abolutely no reflect problem with flame totems.

If using the links in Searing Touch, replace +1 by +2 and still get the conversion from the chest.
Last edited by TheZorka on Nov 21, 2014, 10:39:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info