Anyone else use Infernal Mantle?

My Biggest intuition is that GGG just wanted to break kids hearts by throwingin another occultists vestment- and one that drops 10x as much ( and if anyone says it deosnt, they lie)

GGG B TROLLIN. --- theres 10000 of these out there unused, unlike shavronnes which there arent enough of....hahah WACH EM SQUIRM
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
They're dirt cheap because the drop rate is decent and people are chancing occ vestments all the time and usually get an Infernal Mantle after a while.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Currently leveling an alt, that use 5L infernal mantle and 2xDivinarius. alt is lvl 67 right now. Farm docks and lvl 66 maps.
Running with Fireball+GMP+PCoC+Crit Damage+ Life leech.
So fair feel great, 2.5k es, 45% evasion with Arrow Dodging.
Have 80% crit chance with crit weakness curse. Do not feel any need for fire pen or elem weakness.
You just have to force yourself into not thinking how you could have double damage if you were using shav+RF cheat. :)
Last edited by Xavyer on Aug 8, 2013, 6:31:03 AM

Got lucky today lol, first 6 link wooo
@porkguy
Last edited by briyip on Aug 8, 2013, 6:15:42 PM
Looking forward to the mantle transferred to a new chest base.

Yesterday I got a near max roll for 6 chaos to keep just in case I need it lol... looks like there is a good chance it's gonna be an unused antique sitting in my stash though haha!
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
I will use it, once they finally move it and the wand for it is released.
うにゅ?
I'm gonna use that on my Goddess Scorned Glasscannon Melee Witch build :D

Currently I'm using Voll's but when I get some extra nodes I don't need Power Charges to get 100% crit, so the ES and crit from this help.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
"
NuclearRaven wrote:

Word on the street is this wand will be game changing
The Russell Wilson Era
"
NuclearRaven wrote:

which base item is it getting moved to and why?
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:
I always asked myself this but couldn´t get an answere so i think this i a good moment for that question.

Since you can´t decrease mobs resistance to chaos damage isn´t chaos damage the weakest magic damage you could do in comparison to the other elements?

The reason you can't reduce mobs resistance to chaos damage is probably because it is already very low. I don't have any official information but my guess is that the normal monster chaos resistance is usually much lower than their elemental damage resistance.

Spoiler

To answer the OP's question, if you are creating a character with a lots of burning damage and this is the case of many fire builds, then the 25% fire damage converted to chaos damage is kinda lost. It will reduce your burning damage by 25%.

Also if you use curses like elemental weakness/flammability or fire penetration gem, then the 25% chaos damage is also more a bad thing than a good thing.

The only case where the chaos damage is nice is when the fire build doesn't involve much crit/burning and when not using fire resistance weakening skills/gems In my opinion, that doesn't happen very often. I know that some ppl using firestorm don't like burning damage because it makes some monsters running away from the storm. But then, the increased crit chance from the chest is undesirable.

Some ppl may argue that the 25% chaos convertion helps against elemental reflect. However, with max resist, elemental reflect isn't usually a problem.

However, the major problem with the chest is the increased spell damage taken when low on mana. Most character pick up as many auras as their mana allows, and keep just enough mana to cast their main spells without going constantly out of mana. That usually means being low on mana (less than 33% of max mana) 100% of the time, which means double damage taken from spells. That hurts ! The nice amount of ES the infernal mantle provides just isn't enough to compensate. To adjust to that penalty, you'd either need to give up some auras or pick up more +% mana nods. In either case, its a bigger penalty than what ppl are ready to pay. So they simply give up their plan to use the chest.

The only type of character that wouldn't have problem with the spell damage penalty when low on mana are blood magic characters. But blood magic characters have no use for the energy shield.

So, unless I'm missing something, that leave very few builds for which the mantle could be a very good item to get.

Well you didn´t answere the question though nevertheless thanks for the hint about that "maybe" the chaos resistance of mobs may be way lower then the other elements.

If it says nothing, it has 0% chaos resist. If it says resists chaos, it has higher than 0%. It is that simple.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info