[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

"
Huntrosity wrote:
How do you manage the health/mana cost properly? Do you just get a boatload of Health Regen if you're running blood magic? Or do you need a 5-link with LifeLeech if you run the BM Keystone.

How badly does the resource maintenance play into this build, I really don't want to run around constantly losing a large portion of my health or having to spec into mana or constantly looking for mobs to fill my mana flask charges. (Although that might not be a problem due to kill speed)

one of my rings has 2% mana leech. I don't need pots too often. I did take 2-3 mana specs points though
Updated the guide with a facebreaker variant :)

Glad you guys like the build so much !
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
(inclueded in edit: sorry in advance for wall of text lol ^_^)

Why not use the facebreaker skill tree for the two hander build?

Edit: I ran them both on exilepro's build summary and it works out as follows (the facebreaker build seems better to me, increased duration is nice for dominated enemies, uses a few less skillpoints overall, and would use even less if ignoring resolute technique. Thoughts?:

2 hander build:

Keystone
Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded
Resolute Technique: Never deal Critical Strikes

Stats
+390 to Strength
+140 to Dexterity
+90 to Intelligence

Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
236% increased maximum Life
+72 to maximum Life
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life

Mana
8% increased maximum Mana

Physical Damage
35% increased Melee Physical Damage
18% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons

Resistance
+24% to all Elemental Resistances
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Attack Speed
27% increased Attack Speed

Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge

Armour
52% increased Armour

Critical Strike
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes

Misc
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
12% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage

Facebreaker build:

Keystone
Unwavering Stance: Cannot Evade enemy Attacks
Unwavering Stance: Cannot be Stunned
Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded
Resolute Technique: Never deal Critical Strikes

Stats
+320 to Strength
+150 to Dexterity
+70 to Intelligence

Life
+72 to maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
230% increased maximum Life

Mana
8% increased maximum Mana

Physical Damage
35% increased Melee Physical Damage

Resistance
+24% to all Elemental Resistances
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Attack Speed
33% increased Attack Speed

Endurance Charge
18% increased Endurance Charge Duration
+2 Maximum Endurance Charge

Armour
40% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour

Critical Strike
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes

Misc
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
45% increased Skill Effect Duration

Also, would it be possible to do this build without endurance charges? I find them incredibly annoying lol. Probably not the facebreaker build since it relies on them for immortal call, but the two hander build. Maybe use them on increased armor nodes since your resists are capped? I don't have any high level map experience at all, just putting some ideas out there.

EDIT AGAIN: I guess no access to blood magic would be a pain in the ass for the facebreaker build?
Last edited by xSJx on Jul 3, 2013, 11:51:02 PM
Interesting build... I don't usually play around with melee but decided to give this a go. I just hit 59 and am hitting the same melee walls.

Ranged mobs and some yellow mobs seem really hard to kill. Just had 5 deaths in a row ( Just dinged so exp loss was minimal ) to a pack of blue archers led by a yellow leader mob. Yep it was a large pack. I was dead the second I came in range. Twang... Dead.

Yes im in decent gear. Have had other issues with certain mobs while leveling also. Some I just could not kill period.

Lastly I feel real squishy even with enduring cry and my current 47 percent mitigation. Running carnage heart, slither punch and meginords to compensate for health loss.

Maybe melee is not for me...

NightMass

How do you do the facebreakers in the Marauder tree? I don't understand
"
Reanimator13 wrote:
Interesting build... I don't usually play around with melee but decided to give this a go. I just hit 59 and am hitting the same melee walls.

you say your equipment is decent so I don't know what to tell you. I'm in act 2 merciless level 60 and feel like i'm facerolling most stuff. It's certainly not hard at all. I may have a death every now and then but it's my own fault for going through so fast and not waiting for my army to catch up.
"
Hypnoticc wrote:
How do you do the facebreakers in the Marauder tree? I don't understand

You can pick up the same exact points (minus the attack speed node in duelist tree) by starting marauder

xSJx => But the 2H build picks up Iron reflex , but with facebreaker since you use immortal call you can ignore that :p , also it picks more damage nodes that you need in order to have decent life leech going

Reanimator13 => Can you link your gear and the current state of your skill tree ?

Completed merciless tonight. Died a couple times fighting piety. Only made it to level 63. I need a higher dps weapon now. Things don't die as fast as they used to.
Hi,

I wonder if u could tell me what u think on my variation of ur build.

Currently im lvl 65 and adopted it to 1 hand(mace) + shield.
current build and what im aiming for future build

I still trying to get my hand on bringer or rain, but i hope it will help me get the speed and dps i need for higher lvl maps.

gear wise:
Spoiler

If u could point out anything i could change or swap for better result would be much appreciated.

BTW, ur build is great, and made me play my marauder again :]

Cheers!
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if u could tell me what u think on my variation of ur build.

Currently im lvl 65 and adopted it to 1 hand(mace) + shield.
current build and what im aiming for future build

I still trying to get my hand on bringer or rain, but i hope it will help me get the speed and dps i need for higher lvl maps.

gear wise:
Spoiler

If u could point out anything i could change or swap for better result would be much appreciated.

BTW, ur build is great, and made me play my marauder again :]

Cheers!

Maybe it can work , your build had some useless nodes which I scrapped off : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7dlhrKpXDXKpUeZZ8_uq0iGRznzZtC_AGqC0ns277UE_Zp7krZBVpzCplfrS3sGnhAHn974UIHB9UWA26R0UGjg26FBHT30kquNqj0ZMNew4ZKMYkYBWGYXQ0CjFOtgaVcmYz2X9z_O-LdJhIVXGhO8S4RZvdO2bg3rvU99gS1jbrK8FLYTZQKBlTW5p704hYEd-vqcyCXTxq8XSTRjbnrm9gcAPW69DnJkr3Q0OrTqzkAr8xSmlNYZnoLcXuc2dqod2OJZKfQ==

Don't use mana , slot in a blood magic gem and run auras on your mana , while using your hp for attacks :>

Have no clue if it will work well though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info