[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

"
"
UnsocialAct wrote:
What about using Chober Chaber?

I think the reason it's not used is because your toon's damage from Dominating Blow doesn't benefit from minion damage support gems, so "+1 to minion gems" is useless. Instead, you need to get a very high damage 2h weapon and Chober Chaber doesn't cut it.

Dominating Blow is a minion Skill Gem and it benefits from the +1 of Chober Chaber. But i guess its because of the low damage really
Ours is the Fury
"
UnsocialAct wrote:
"
"
UnsocialAct wrote:
What about using Chober Chaber?

I think the reason it's not used is because your toon's damage from Dominating Blow doesn't benefit from minion damage support gems, so "+1 to minion gems" is useless. Instead, you need to get a very high damage 2h weapon and Chober Chaber doesn't cut it.

Dominating Blow is a minion Skill Gem and it benefits from the +1 of Chober Chaber. But i guess its because of the low damage really

Dominating Blow is also considered melee skill gem, so I was treating it as that. I was just talking about Minion Damage, which doesn't benefit your own damage from Dominating Blow. I agree that Chober Chaber's damage isn't high enough.
btw, i've seen the guide creator died at 87. This build have any mob specific problem?
Ours is the Fury
"
UnsocialAct wrote:
btw, i've seen the guide creator died at 87. This build have any mob specific problem?
Not really, he died on a highspeed/eledmg/lowres Gorge map right after another permacurse player died before him, wich turned off the enfeeble and tempchain curses on the 2 unique bosses, boom xD
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
hey man,im interested in this build and have changed my gs templar to this build.i find it is a very safe one,and also clean maps really really fast,now i can mostly run lunaris temple with just one hand XD.i like this build very much.
"
paladinlcy wrote:
hey man,im interested in this build and have changed my gs templar to this build.i find it is a very safe one,and also clean maps really really fast,now i can mostly run lunaris temple with just one hand XD.i like this build very much.

same here. i am really loving it. I like it so much I expect a nerf in the future.
This build is godly in a party, as well.

When Dominating greatly increased phys aura and a haste aura rares at the same time, it looks like group dps quadruples.

Plus with all the extra allies, the players rarely get targetted so packs of LMP, hasted void dogs become little more than irritations - soon to be high dps AE allies. :)
getting close to 50 and thinking about switching soon since ele-cleave is slowing down (didn't spec into it really on passive tree)

so question for those doing it: facebreaker or 2h? i'm torn on this one... do you need the extra uniques to support facebreaker or is it powerful enough on its own, at least at the start?

also, i'm on anarchy with relatively limited resources still, and multistrike is costly there atm. should i prioritize getting it (ie would i be sorry i waited on it if i skipped it for a bit, and spent that currency elsewhere?)
At level 53 I was able to rofl stomp through lunaris temple solo. I had a huge army following most of the time.

Used heavy strike on piety and dominating blow when she'd create monsters.

This is the heart of my domination.

I'm mostly following the guide but not exactly. Not using any blood magic since my life isn't super high yet but i've been able to manage the mana consumption with just two flasks. I have taken a couple mana nodes. I also took leather and steel because I like to run really fast past a group of fresh monsters so my minions teleport right into the middle of them.
Last edited by robble on Jul 2, 2013, 7:26:52 PM
How do you manage the health/mana cost properly? Do you just get a boatload of Health Regen if you're running blood magic? Or do you need a 5-link with LifeLeech if you run the BM Keystone.

How badly does the resource maintenance play into this build, I really don't want to run around constantly losing a large portion of my health or having to spec into mana or constantly looking for mobs to fill my mana flask charges. (Although that might not be a problem due to kill speed)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info