[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

Two points to get Minion Instability (turns Dominating Blow into Infernal Blow++), not taken.
Very close to three clusters of minion life and damage, not taken.
Two points away from the Skill Effect Duration cluster, possibly the best nodes on the tree for this build, not taken.
Amplify taken, no AoE attacks aside from Leap Slam.

---

Your tree is just "standard marauder hit things" and would work just as well with any other viable melee skill combination.
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
"
Tizid wrote:
Will the damage done by the minions and especially by Minion Instability be reflected to the char when facing reflect damage enemies?

No. Minions will reflect damage onto themselves. Instability explosions aren't affected by reflect at all.
"
pneuma wrote:
Two points to get Minion Instability (turns Dominating Blow into Infernal Blow++), not taken.
Very close to three clusters of minion life and damage, not taken.
Two points away from the Skill Effect Duration cluster, possibly the best nodes on the tree for this build, not taken.
Amplify taken, no AoE attacks aside from Leap Slam.

---

Your tree is just "standard marauder hit things" and would work just as well with any other viable melee skill combination.

Minion instability is a waste of points imo since you have to rely on having melee minions being in melee range of the ennemies for it to be useful , I'd rather take more life ...

The clusters of minions damage/life are too much point investment for not much return unless you get duration, but then you're WAY less tanky and deal way less damage by yourself , which is complete garbage in group play because I barely manage to get a good amount of minions up since everything dies from sparkers before I can get to melee range x.x

Amplify gives more AoE radius on my melee splash

And yeah you could use the tree for other builds , A build doesn't only consist of the skill tree you know :O How you use it is very important aswell IMO
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
Hi there,

First, thanks for the guide, look like crazy build and I gonna test it right now :D
But i'd like u to post another skill tree at lvl 20, 40, 60.

I don't want to take the wrong path and make harder my lvling.

Sorry for my english, thanks from a french player :)
1 alch - 1 chaos shop ... and more http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/306
"
Tizid wrote:
Hey, I'm new to the game and first i'm going to try different Marauder specs, so I try to compare some with each other.

I don't get it. What are the cons of this build? Oo

The cons are: you will not hit as hard as you could with other skills.
I use almost the same build, but with Ground Slam and Heavy Strike.
Si I'll have a better DPS, more AOE damage, but I won't have an army with me =)
GGG fanboy
"
Supernico00 wrote:

No, it doesn't.
"
MyH4o wrote:
"
Supernico00 wrote:

No, it doesn't.

Why not? Melee Splash is an AOE skill, isn't it?
GGG fanboy
It simply adds AoE to your Single Target Ability. Melee Splash is not a skill.

Either way i've thought the main damage comes from minions and not from hits by Dominating Blow?
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
"
h55d wrote:
"
MyH4o wrote:
"
Supernico00 wrote:

No, it doesn't.

Why not? Melee Splash is an AOE skill, isn't it?

It's a support gem, not a skill. It adds AOE to the single target skill, but that doesn't mean it converts the single target skill into an AOE skill so that it can benefit from Blast Radius or Amplify. The AOE support gem works with melee splash though.

Atleast these are my observation from testing melee splash some time ago. May be wrong, but I don't think so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info