[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

How would you modify the build if you want to use Spectral Throw ? Would you be able to get a decent dps without any dmg nodes or you would have to sacrifice hp to make it work .
A question pls.

How it comes and you only use 2 resist points (2x +12 to all), while in other similar popular builds there are almost all of them (+all resists and individual ones). I don't want to compare builds, saying which one is better, but i want to know why so much difference. The difference in philosophy is about the gear you are going to choose or about the usefulness of resists themselves?

Thank you.
"
Katsibrokos wrote:
A question pls.

How it comes and you only use 2 resist points (2x +12 to all), while in other similar popular builds there are almost all of them (+all resists and individual ones). I don't want to compare builds, saying which one is better, but i want to know why so much difference. The difference in philosophy is about the gear you are going to choose or about the usefulness of resists themselves?

Thank you.

notice the build uses 12% chaos resist on purity of flesh
on your question, it's pretty easy to cap resists, especially if you are not using facebreaker, so 24% from the tree is ok, even then it's more for leveling than for endgame (well, maybe for endgame to overcap for elemental weakness maps if you don't have best gear)
IGN: SilentWrath
I just have two questions:

What auras should I run now that we can't run all 3 auras, just grace + determination?

Or am I just doing the math wrong and with a high level reduced mana it's actually possible to run 3 auras.

Also, why don't you take unwavering stance? 272% life is a lot so maybe getting stunned isn't an issue but for 1 point that isn't even out of the way along with taking IR I am not sure why not to take it.
"
ShadeFinale wrote:
I just have two questions:

What auras should I run now that we can't run all 3 auras, just grace + determination?

Or am I just doing the math wrong and with a high level reduced mana it's actually possible to run 3 auras.

Also, why don't you take unwavering stance? 272% life is a lot so maybe getting stunned isn't an issue but for 1 point that isn't even out of the way along with taking IR I am not sure why not to take it.

Level 18+ reduced mana you can run 3 auras as long as you have 15%+ mana reservation reduction on tree

And yeah , barely get stunned , unwavering is just a waste of point :p Also by not taking unwavering , you can make use of blind , either by smoke mine or a flame totem linked with blind, and make bosses like hillock and brutus a pure joke since they barely hit you with that
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
I am level 63 and followed the skill tree so far. But I am using infernal blow instead of dominating blow because blood magic wasnt working with dom blow. And I really think I like infernal blow better.

So my question is I see infernal blow has a critical chance property. Will that chance be obsolete since I cant hit criticals with this build? SHould I just switch to Heavy strike?

SOrry for the broken English. I havent slept much due to playing :P

ANSWER: We talked in game and I got my answers. Just typing this so others with similar questions can see it too.

So he said infernal blow might have problems with elemantal reflect mobs and dominating blow scales better in maps because you can kill bosses in literally 5 secs with the help of minions. So he suggested that I may switch back and forth the two gems.

Infernal blow's critical doesnt work because of the build.

Last edited by hkahramangs on Oct 28, 2013, 7:40:52 AM
Trying this build atm. Currently level 66 and I'm at 3.3k dps. What is the dps I can expect on Dominating blow at end game? Can this be as high as 10k or even higher?

Also Nico arent you playing a Ranger with dom blow? Why did you make the guide for the Marauder class?

Kind regards.

Got my answer over the PM. Appreciated.
Last edited by skopetski on Oct 30, 2013, 5:55:10 AM
Has anyone used this build recently/found it successful?
"
DaoT wrote:
Has anyone used this build recently/found it successful?

Build was just buffed. New auras are awesome. Especially I love Hatred and Haste, mobs just rip everything.
What would you reccomend as a 6L gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info