[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

Running this with:

My survivability raised alot with that, not having to use blood magic and having a shield. 5.5k dps atm no problems in maps so far level 72.
Could I start off as a Duelist, using the Facebreaker build, but utilziing a two-handed weapon instead? I lack the currency to get those quality gems that are listed in the Facebreaker variant, and its something I want to work towards...

I dont mind at all starting off with the Facebreaker variant, I'm just not sure the cost of an Abyssus + the 20% Immortal Call gems. It seem to me, for a newer player, the 2handed version would suffice until I manage to get enough currency to "upgrade" to the Facebreaker variant.

Again, can I do a 2handed build as a Duelist by following the Facebreaker tree (with some minor adjustments such as taking IR and whatnot ofcourse, but using passive refund points later to swap the build into Facebreaker)?

how does dominating blow work with culling strike effect on weapon or culling strike as gem?

will your minions also get culling strike? i want to make a magic find build based on it!
ign: ALLRAUDER
"

how does dominating blow work with culling strike effect on weapon or culling strike as gem?

will your minions also get culling strike? i want to make a magic find build based on it!

I realize the answer is super late, but yeah your minions also get culling (if you use the gem,not with cull on weapon)

I'll try to monitor this thread more, so don't hesitate to ask questions if you have some !
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
do you think with the buff to 2H weapons coming... that this build will be even better?
"
Eakrich wrote:
do you think with the buff to 2H weapons coming... that this build will be even better?

what 2h buff? 2h melee need this badly in general imo.
From Announcements/1.0.0 Balance Changes:

"...
Improved Two-Handed Weapons and Mods:
We feel that there should be more incentive to use two-handed weapons and to be exposed to additional combat risk by not having a shield.

We've increased the damage of all Two Handed Weapons and have introduced a new set of two-handed physical and elemental damage mods that they can receive.

The two-handed damage increases also affects bows. They now receive the new two-handed physical damage mods and the old one-handed elemental damage mods. In addition, the slowest high level bows have been given implicit mods to provide a more interesting tradeoff against fast bows.

Staves can now receive new two-handed spell damage mods.
..."
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
From Announcements/1.0.0 Balance Changes:

"...
Improved Two-Handed Weapons and Mods:
We feel that there should be more incentive to use two-handed weapons and to be exposed to additional combat risk by not having a shield.

We've increased the damage of all Two Handed Weapons and have introduced a new set of two-handed physical and elemental damage mods that they can receive.

The two-handed damage increases also affects bows. They now receive the new two-handed physical damage mods and the old one-handed elemental damage mods. In addition, the slowest high level bows have been given implicit mods to provide a more interesting tradeoff against fast bows.

Staves can now receive new two-handed spell damage mods.
..."

Nice, need more details! So the base damage of 2h are going up?...hopefully I won't regret the exalts I just spent buying a nice 2h mace last night.
I made this build (want to try it in Nemesis/Domination!) for 1.0.0, and would like you all to tell me how it is.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wJxBLMFLRLhFCAUTRZvFy8ZLhmFGjgaVRv6HRQkqiXfJ-0ppS3SNug26TrYQKBHfkp9TipQR1BQVElVxlXWVw1YY1nzW69fP2BLYSFko2TnZU1mnmegapNuaXKpdO1673y7fNmApIM4hNmE74cph3aMz49GkAqQVZHOmSueuZ7NogCkGacwp4SpaKvFrKq2Qbndu-29gb6nwA_AGsWKxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP1e3ZYd0N4urjaudS7DjvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj3vvrS_MU=

I'm specially doubtful about the mana reservation nodes (for auras) and if, now that it's on the way, I should pick Unwavering Stance.
Is there an updated skill tree for this? I stopped playing right before they added cyclone as a skill to the game, and I'd like to come back and try this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info