[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

"
xSJx wrote:
"
"
cronik wrote:
if you're 58+ there's no reason to use something LESS than a kaoms. if you can afford 5l that's probably pretty sweet, but at the very least use it.

but the price difference would be quite substantial. i'm gonna try for 5l on chest piece since it'll not only be cheaper than on a unique like that, but also so i can switch out to a better wep down the road if i want.

First, Kaom's Heart is 68+.

Second, the price difference betwee Kaom's and a 5L is HUGE. I don't know why you're even bothering to compare them. Kaom's can only be afforded by a small number of people and it's only useful if you're using a 2h weapon or bow. And personally, I think this build is stronger with Facebreaker.

Lol, he was talking about kaoms primacy, read my post above his :P

Whoa woops lol, I didn't notice he was responding to you. And of course if it's cheap enough, a 5L Kaom's Primacy will be good. Although I still maintain that Facebreaker is better!!
Why do you go for attack speed instead of physical damage for cruel bandit rewards? I figure because multistrike multiplies attack speed, and you will have more physical damage from str and passives than you will have attack speed. Just curious, already took atk speed in cruel :P.
"
xSJx wrote:
Why do you go for attack speed instead of physical damage for cruel bandit rewards? I figure because multistrike multiplies attack speed, and you will have more physical damage from str and passives than you will have attack speed. Just curious, already took atk speed in cruel :P.

You should help Oak in all difficulties. I don't know why it says to help Kraitlyn in Cruel. It really shouldn't be a big deal.
Which gems would be priority to get to 20 quality? Any recommended uniques besides kaoms? Just hit 58 the other day and this build is really fun :)
I run a similar build except with IB instead of DB. Anytime I'm on trade chat, everyone is looking for a quality melee splash. That would be the first one I would get to 20%.
"
andaval wrote:
I run a similar build except with IB instead of DB. Anytime I'm on trade chat, everyone is looking for a quality melee splash. That would be the first one I would get to 20%.

I agree with this. Since you might alternate between using IB and DB depending on which skill you want to play, a 20% Melee Splash will benefit both.
can anyone explain how you are staying alive with zero life leech? or 2% or what ever you have?
"
Desanex wrote:
can anyone explain how you are staying alive with zero life leech? or 2% or what ever you have?

I think what you're seeing in the video is almost entirely his life regen and 2% life leech. If you listen carefully though, sometimes you hear the pop of a potion, so I assume that once he begins spamming Dominating Blow the health pot buffers the blood cost. Plus, he's attacking 3 times for every time he casts Dominating Blow, so that's why you don't see his health dropping as often.
"
"
Desanex wrote:

I think what you're seeing in the video is almost entirely his life regen and 2% life leech. If you listen carefully though, sometimes you hear the pop of a potion, so I assume that once he begins spamming Dominating Blow the health pot buffers the blood cost. Plus, he's attacking 3 times for every time he casts Dominating Blow, so that's why you don't see his health dropping as often.

i see :D thanks bromigo.
also do you happen to know the price on multi strike on softcore?
"
Desanex wrote:
i see :D thanks bromigo.
also do you happen to know the price on multi strike on softcore?

No problem. I'm not sure about the price of Multistrike on SC. On HC it's 3-4 chaos usually. I think if you ask for a price check in global/trade chat, someone will tell you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info