[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

I'm level 77 in Nemesis at the moment with this build (slightly tweaked, grabbed the scion life circle over the templar start) and I have to say it is incredibly fun. Every map you do is a different experience and it's exciting to see what combination of minions you'll end up with. It really is just a unique way of playing.

I swapped in a heavy strike to kill Dominus on merc. and my frenzy isn't leveled up enough to see if it'll actually end up being a worthwhile single target.

Also nothing beats the feeling of having 60 dominated minions at once.
Spoiler
Last edited by FILM on Nov 2, 2013, 2:36:01 PM
Where are you getting your Dex from???
Rolled this yday after I ripepd on my Incinerae tank.

hit 45 and loving this.¨
I do however seem to lack defense (right now running determination aura)

Depending how things turn out i might change to shield or staff+block.
hope its good :)

Just wanted to give an update. I'm 86 with this build in Nemesis and it's pretty rad. I'd say that this build is really more ideal for solo play than group. In most cases other people have culling effects or are shattering enemies from freeze which deny you the ability to dominate 50-60 enemies at once like you can in maps on your own but it's still great to dominate totems and nemesis enemies when you can.

A 20/20 Dominating Blow with 20/20 Increased Duration will make your allies last slightly over 79 seconds long. I'm looking into buying a 20/20 Dom Blow at the moment but I am pretty burned out on solo mapping so it's hardly worth it for me.

The main issue with dominating blow I've learned is the inconsistency in effectiveness. The greatest enemy to dominate is the leaper/rhoa as it does significant physical damage and has great mobility especially when you yourself are leap slamming through the map. However the majority of other enemies you dominate are casters which hardly gain any benefit at all.

That said, farming the Scepter of the God with haste on is pretty great with all the physical trappers and leapers. The problem is that zone has low density and isn't very large... nor repeatable like farming the archives is.

The build was a lot of fun for this league due to nemesis mods but outside of that I can't really say it's worth recommending.

Gear:
Spoiler

Spec:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7dlh892sqlcNcqlZ89Ihkc582Vn-wBqezbvtkFVmnqcwp4T60gHn974UIBo4NukdFBcvNuhQR-Nqj0Zk51ivhynQ0FXWeA3PZYCkqW6-ilXGtfIB3BZvNZLi6qQZ_o-sWWEhG_pN44jxhO8S4SXfplfnY3TthNk64TGe_gp672VNbmnyRWBLR36-pwUtq8VAoL2BnrmZKyFgdPEY21uvTioppd0N_MVnoId2Sn1sRnJsMgk=

6543 life, 8% leech, 411 life regen (with vitality)
11773 Heavy Strike, 7400 Dom Blow (with frenzy charges + hatred)
6L Dominating Blow mana cost is 546
Last edited by FILM on Jan 9, 2014, 8:30:50 PM
How do i manage with skill cost? I'm currently level 72 and 5L cost is 351, it really hurts my health pool with 5k hp and 0.27 attack time.

I have 2% leech from passive tree, but that's no way near enough to sustain it's cost - not even with constant health potting. I'm afraid of dying just because I attack. :x

Links:

Going to exalt some attack speed on the mace aswell, really not sure how bad it's gonna be then.

edit: Well, this seems to help a bit. I guess any amulet with high life/life leech would do the trick but I'm poor motherfucker so this gotta do.. for now..
Last edited by 01800 on Jan 15, 2014, 11:59:17 PM
Can you update your passive tree? i play a 2h build atm my build looks like this https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bYxFj2SF8_5FGbWDH7f-PvDlBH8i8aPikufLg5DgmWl3mRzlcN8ay77YIH8kHSIfe-bpfynKcwns1GaTboAeeHKaQZtiwl3xv6OlKGYBiRvJ8FLWBLXhPvTmFShNkB3L6KeA1Yr9X4xLi9Nkd-vqdlTYdqqZQS4aLqzzJZbV-Ybqq18qluSsjYvTWSA-4zhx2-PC3Grrc-_gpTpQxfHKf56EGHxp4Qfwx9gscGSRNs0_vApgd13D0hVVn-MHfiYWRSwaP469lhz36tjSfVaqxakah9OBuwcyFgQKBTuw==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info