The Goodbye Thread

LOL!

My post was removed for "attacking" someone that attacked other people for leaving the game.....
Last edited by EvilBob2U on Jul 25, 2021, 12:42:56 PM
Just had another post removed for containing a link. But, if you look in my post history, there are a bunch of posts containing links!!!!
"
Maybe "no-lifers" as some call it, spend more money. Maybe the data shows that the same people spend the most money. As a business, you want to encourage that type of customer.

I am pretty sure GGG doesn't care to encourage me or take my feedback to heart even as I had reached out to them including Chris himself. And I think they are actually proud of that.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
JC_GGG wrote:
Hey there, exiles!

Please be sure not to personally attack one another or make comments that are antagonistic in nature, as these are breaches of our Code of Conduct.

It is fine for people to post that they are leaving the game and to discuss their reasons for doing so. If you are making such a post, please be mindful of our Code of Conduct and avoid being needlessly negative - that is, make sure that your tone is civil and constructive. We appreciate feedback, even feedback that is critical of the game, but this does need to be posted in a way that is not rude or insulting to the team.

Thanks all for your understanding!

Lol, is there a reason you're slapping this on every post thinking its gonna help? If anything I find it telling, I've never seen GGG slap this out so many times, seems like you're having some issues.
"
"
theeze wrote:

Some of us have full time jobs and family...not everyone is no-lifing the game.

Then why would you choose to play an ARPG? They're notorious for excessive time investment. I'm pretty sure there are other game genres more suited for people with limited time.

I don't have any kids yet, but I do have a full time job and yes I can spare time on the weekend to play.

It's not hard to understand that as gamers, we find to time to make...It's just that we want to have some fun when we do have the time. Currently, the nerfs to practically everything including flask charges, while keeping monster health and damaged buffed is incredibly shortsighted.

I'm not going to get into a an argument with you or anything, but who are you tell someone what to choose to play?

I'm not saying I want this to be diablo 3, I just want build diversity and not cheesy one shot mechanics with some options on how to level up a build...instead of burning out before getting to atlas.
Last edited by theeze on Jul 25, 2021, 2:58:47 PM
I'm done with this game after more then 6 years. I loved POE so much. But it's over now. Time to move on.
I emailed support and told them that I play games to enjoy them. If I had wanted a difficult game, I would never had played Path of Exile in the first place.

Plenty of other options for that. Not every game needs to be every other game. As J-Roc would say, "Gnomesaying"

“My rhymes and mic are like a corporate merger, they go together like Randy’s gut and cheeseburger”
my interest was already waning in this game. This patch was kinda the nail in the coffin. Nothing against the damage nerfs, those were deserved. However, the mana nerfs turn reasonable damage nerfs into pretty absurd damage nerfs. 20-40% (which was actually more like 40-60%) turns into 40-60% plus one aura being dropped plus one less notable to invest in mana plus points to travel along the tree plus possibly dropping one support link for mana. It's a lot of stuff, and to be honest having to drop auras/gems for mana of all things doesn't feel good at all.

-Been playing since late 2015. The old facebreaker cyclone no ascendency days. Mana costs were never fun.
I can't believe that i write this but this is the first time since i play PoE (since beta) that i stop playing after day 1 league launch. If someone would've told me that this would happen, i wouldn't have believed it.

For me the main issues are the mana-multiplier-changes into oblivion, the mana-trigger changes (doesn't make any sense when you clearly think about what you already have to invest for Spellslinger, CastOnCrit, and so on), the underwhelming new gems and the lack of chase items/gems/uniques. I should add, that triggers are the pure fun part for me and what made PoE so special in my eyes.

I made it to Act 7 with a reaper build this time but then i had to stop. I couldn't take it any longer. On top of that the league mechanic is totally boring for me (too much reading, shards, clicking and too bad rewards). Risk/Reward was simply not worth it. I and my team mate then ignored it since Act 3.

Normally i plan a new build after this in PoB but this time i couldn't even get myself to open PoB because almost every build is missing fun and will have serious mana issues (don't wanna force all my characters into enduring-flasks, EB, minion builds or Inquisitor -75% mana cost).

The truth for me is, that they removed the fun part of this game. Maybe they are right theoretically (by numbers and metrics) and maybe every piece of the changes made sense independently but all together just didn't do it. To be honest: The game currently (in a practical view regarding fun) doesn't play how they imagined it theoretically.

See you guys next league (hopefully).
Last edited by Jibblies on Jul 25, 2021, 4:17:01 PM
I'm out, another whale peacin'

Look at these badges, y'all know I'm a simp but the drip is dry
Last edited by Cyndershade on Jul 25, 2021, 4:16:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info