The Goodbye Thread

Not sure I'm actually saying goodbye but these changes really have me thinking about it. I remember when Piety was the final boss and a build with facebreakers and bringer of rain was legit endgame. I have taken time off from it including most of the last year. I played Ultimatum for about 2 weeks and I'm not sure I can bring myself to play more than 2 days this league.

There are people talking about how it's going back to its roots, but being honest back then this game was niche, not widely popular, and not mainstream. They brought it along over the years and turned it into a fast paced but still complex loot chaser. This caused it to explode in popularity and draw a new player base.

Chris and his massive ego over his 10+ year old vision for this game are going to ruin it. It seems like he either isn't listening to his staff or has surrounded himself with a bunch of yes men who won't tell him his vision is awful and isn't for the majority gamers in 2021.

I really hope Chris takes a good long look in the mirror after seeing these player numbers. He said he doesn't care about vanity numbers or the number of players, but in breaking down a popular game to make it all about him and his vision, it's becoming a vanity project all for himself.
i don't understand what objective GGG want to achieve in this time?

1. increase new players
no no you don't, with this nerf, even old player like me feel hard to progress. How can you attract new players from other games by punching them with heavy nerfs?

2. Enjoyment for old players
no, i feel less and less enjoy every league, 3.13 was fine, 3.14 was worse but still acceptable. 3.15 damn.....

3. Nerfs make game fun?
no, and with some people this game soon become part time job. If you are no-life or streamer, you can throw 1000-2000 hours easily, but with us we haven't got that much time.

4. Instead of nerfing, just design new boss harder or layer or end-game contents
After day 2, I am throwin' in the towel for this league as well.. I just do not feel it.

Primary reasons: League mechanics + mana changes

I think the designers missed the mark here.. slowing the game down should not be done by adding tedium, which the mana changes totally are.

I could have lived with the damage nerfs, the speed nerfs, frankly.. I do not care how long it takes me to get to maps or how fast I can clear a map, as long as I am having fun. Constantly struggling to cast spells or recharge flasks is not fun.

That, coupled with a rather uninspiring and frankly quite tedious league mechanic is enough for me to sit this one out.

Last edited by csebal on Jul 25, 2021, 4:36:19 PM
Expedition will forever be know as the league that placed the last nail in the coffin.

I feel sorry for those employees that will have to deal with this.

Peace out and perhaps I will see you in the next league.
"
johnssec wrote:
Not sure I'm actually saying goodbye but these changes really have me thinking about it. I remember when Piety was the final boss and a build with facebreakers and bringer of rain was legit endgame. I have taken time off from it including most of the last year. I played Ultimatum for about 2 weeks and I'm not sure I can bring myself to play more than 2 days this league.

There are people talking about how it's going back to its roots, but being honest back then this game was niche, not widely popular, and not mainstream. They brought it along over the years and turned it into a fast paced but still complex loot chaser. This caused it to explode in popularity and draw a new player base.

Chris and his massive ego over his 10+ year old vision for this game are going to ruin it. It seems like he either isn't listening to his staff or has surrounded himself with a bunch of yes men who won't tell him his vision is awful and isn't for the majority gamers in 2021.

I really hope Chris takes a good long look in the mirror after seeing these player numbers. He said he doesn't care about vanity numbers or the number of players, but in breaking down a popular game to make it all about him and his vision, it's becoming a vanity project all for himself.

I agree. I play since January 2013 and I wouldnt want the game to go back to those years. After tasting and experiencing how fun this game became in the last years, I wouldnt want it to be reverted to what it was back then.

The only reason I played and kept playing back then was because there were no other good games at the time. Times have changed. I hope they revert these changes or at least split the game into "pre-3.15 patch PoE" and this "new less fun version of PoE" Chris wants to make. So, most of us can still enjoy the game we had just a week ago.
Last edited by Golden_Order on Jul 25, 2021, 4:44:20 PM
gg wp nice league
"
"
theeze wrote:
I'm not going to get into a an argument with you or anything, but who are you tell someone what to choose to play?

A person can play whatever they like, but choosing a genre that's well known for being time-intensive and then complaining that the game takes too much time isn't going to garner too much empathy from most people reading the complaint.

That's not true and the proof are that people was playing this game, people who say "goodbye" on this post now, or you dont remember the title of that post?
Full Harvest is besto waifu, give me 3.11 and/or 3.13 and take my money.
"
theeze wrote:

This community has turned so toxic, it's incredible. I remember POE being united and we all agreed and disagreed. All these changes have divided the community and is becoming League of Legends.

It has nothing to do with strong players or adaptation. It's not respecting players time.

Could someone remind me what the end game meta was like the last time the community was united? What the game direction was? What the pace was like? What the power level of the players was relative to the monsters?

Could someone tell me who, at that unified time, even thought of using the phrase 'respect my time' when voluntarily taking the plunge into a notoriously hardcore and grindy even-by-industry-standards arpg made by Grinding Gear Games?

"
EvilBob2U wrote:
I emailed support and told them that I play games to enjoy them. If I had wanted a difficult game, I would never had played Path of Exile in the first place.

Can anyone tell me where these reviews are that give people the impression that PoE is a game that will never challenge or kill you?

Someone?

Anyone?
Last edited by innervation on Jul 25, 2021, 6:41:28 PM
Yes... Long goodbye to Path of Nerf

keep nerfing...
You know... we are NOT jobless....
most players are casual players ONLY.

I had planned to upgrade to the Atlas Core supporter pack this league... Now I am not playing the league after making it to act 3. And after seeing what they can do to ruin the game in 1 single update makes me wary to ever spend that kind of money on this game again. I was a whale, and now they have lost my business for the foreseeable future.
Ingame: Sakrilegious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info