The Goodbye Thread

"
AbbaNevsky wrote:
the fact that u could spam a skill like cyclone endlessly with 0 mana investment is the reason they made the change lol. mana was redundant for ages. God forbid u gotta spend 4 or 5 points on it now

But then their dps will go down!
goodbye I really tried with all my heart 3.15 but it really stinks of sh**, poe is dead except for the nolife/streamer.
I also quit not because the game got slower or harder but because this league mecanic really sucks and it did last league and the league before that, its been over a year since GGG designed a league mecanic that was not just trigger an event to kill some mobs.... GGG's game design has been terrible since they started working on POE2. The last good league they clearly put effort into it was Delve.
Last edited by Gravel86 on Jul 23, 2021, 8:57:33 PM
"
AbbaNevsky wrote:
the fact that u could spam a skill like cyclone endlessly with 0 mana investment is the reason they made the change lol. mana was redundant for ages. God forbid u gotta spend 4 or 5 points on it now

There is no mana nodes in or close the Maruder start and you are unable to even use clarity untill end of Act 3 chances are you will not have the int to use it over lvl 3-4 clarity at all. What mana investment do you expect people to invest into? There is no option to invest in mana as a maruder. It is just very bad game design, warrior type classes should not use or require mana to use skills at all, they should use a different resource like energy or rage.

Or they should put mana and mana regen within reach of a normal starting character, give mana gain on hit or mana leech to the Maruder part of the tree. You are an idoit if you think its possible to spend 4-5 points into mana at all as a starting Maruder, you would have to path all the way to a different classes starting area before getting the chance to invest the 4-5 points you are talking about.
Last edited by Gravel86 on Jul 23, 2021, 9:18:48 PM
yeah im gonna check the next league
i actually really like the changes to act 1. it almost wasn't any harder, but it kept me awake

im level 20 in act 2 but i don't think i'll keep playing. this game just has too much time investment that i have available to me. if i can't actually progress anything too meaningful in 1 hour anymore then i just feel like im completely wasting my time.

so i guess i'll go back to playing the roguelites i have on steam, where you can have difficulty as well as progression all at the same time.
The problem is that even once you complete the 10 acts that take far to long, you have the endless Atlas grind with no real end point, and all the maps are featureless, all the bosses feel the same except the ones in the early acts and at the very very end of the game. Every boss in the vasty majorty of the content instantly dies and so feels the same as they dont get to do any skills/spells. Slowing the player down is only good if they give us more tools to maket he slower combat fun, interupts, better movement, dodges ect and more than just 1 skill we are able to scale and link at a time.

A character should have 5-6+ attacks some movement some cc and some defences not just 1 skill you use over and over with a bunch of clunky buffs or debuffs to use at a boss.
same here ,after 8 years of playing POE .... enough of nerfs and nothing more fun to test ...good bye.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
6 year player. Uninstalled on patch notes day.

Was the league start at least good, you know, with so few people logging in ?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Darshek78 wrote:
Cyclone this, cyclone that..wah wah wah. Try a different skill,scrubs. Lol

Yeah try searing bond Slayer
Need more brains, exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info