The Goodbye Thread

"
AT2105 wrote:
You can say goodbye here in this thread!

Let me start. I have played this game for years and loved it. Now it's super slooow and boooring. Act 1 feel so painful. I will move on now. Bye byeeee

"
Shade_8390 wrote:
Good bye. I've already uninstalled. ggg showed there loyalties for the 1 percent with harvest nerf and streamer priority and now this patch that has destroyed the game.

Same I love this game so much, I got some goodies shipped to me (in north africa) I'm the only one of all my friends who bought a ton of stuff on POE (all my friends here never bought stuff except from stash tabs).

But
- repeating all acts is painful.
- I feel the same, ggg are just thinking about the 1% and streamers (it might not be true but it feels this way)

So yeah now I'm a noob on a P2W game that is called lost ark, but at least I'm relaxing again.

I still feel that POE is awesome but only for some small population. So they'll be the only ones left.
GL
I'm done until I beat Elden Ring.
Then I'm back on that grind, baby.
Tala Moana, Exile.
Maybe I should have said goodbye a long time ago.

I started playing this game in beta and had problems finding a build I thought was fun (I trial-and-error my builds, never follow guides). After a while I found that the Ranger/Deadeye class suited me well, so I started trying to make a good build out of that. I concentrated on physical damage and bleed (I often died from bleeding since I moved so much, so deadeye's bleed defense was awesome for me).

I played basically the same character for a few years and at most reached level 84 (yes, I suck :P). Since I play Hardcore, I just made the same character over and over again everytime I died, and I died a LOT :P

One day I login after yet another of the hour long updates and my class is gone. Not changed. Gone. All those years of training to make my build playable? Gone.

I just don't get it. Why do this? There was NO level 100 characters using the same class as me so power creep can't have been the reason. In fact, I think the highest player I could find using a similar build was level 91 at the time.

It just felt so arbitrary and pointless. Like they changed everything just for the sake of change, and for me, personally, the game became way worse. In fact, I tried making a new Deadeye and made it to level 20 before the game bored me enough to quit. I haven't touched it since. I just don't feel like starting over trying to find a build I like. I liked Deadeye because it was possible to play it using 2-3 skills for everything. I don't enjoy all those builds where you have 15-20 skills to keep track of, but I guess that's what GGG wants everyone to do.

This is also the reason why online games are not for me. I just wanted to play my game, find a class that was fun and play that until I'd mastered it. With online games, there's just no stability. The developers can, at any time, just change everything. It just sucks.

Anyhow, I just came back to see if GGG had said anything about Steam Deck support and found this thread instead, so.. bye.
I think this constant changing stems from them not being confident in their product. Its like they feel that if they dont change game frequently enough people will start noticing the game actually sucks? Fact is, due to all this constant change for change sake it actually starting to suck.
"
mkreku wrote:
Maybe I should have said goodbye a long time ago.

I started playing this game in beta and had problems finding a build I thought was fun (I trial-and-error my builds, never follow guides). After a while I found that the Ranger/Deadeye class suited me well, so I started trying to make a good build out of that. I concentrated on physical damage and bleed (I often died from bleeding since I moved so much, so deadeye's bleed defense was awesome for me).

I played basically the same character for a few years and at most reached level 84 (yes, I suck :P). Since I play Hardcore, I just made the same character over and over again everytime I died, and I died a LOT :P

One day I login after yet another of the hour long updates and my class is gone. Not changed. Gone. All those years of training to make my build playable? Gone.

I just don't get it. Why do this? There was NO level 100 characters using the same class as me so power creep can't have been the reason. In fact, I think the highest player I could find using a similar build was level 91 at the time.

It just felt so arbitrary and pointless. Like they changed everything just for the sake of change, and for me, personally, the game became way worse. In fact, I tried making a new Deadeye and made it to level 20 before the game bored me enough to quit. I haven't touched it since. I just don't feel like starting over trying to find a build I like. I liked Deadeye because it was possible to play it using 2-3 skills for everything. I don't enjoy all those builds where you have 15-20 skills to keep track of, but I guess that's what GGG wants everyone to do.

This is also the reason why online games are not for me. I just wanted to play my game, find a class that was fun and play that until I'd mastered it. With online games, there's just no stability. The developers can, at any time, just change everything. It just sucks.

Anyhow, I just came back to see if GGG had said anything about Steam Deck support and found this thread instead, so.. bye.

Wow, that's really something! Having a thing you really like removed in an instance is hard, especially if it was the thing keeping you in this game.
"
Bosscannon wrote:
I think this constant changing stems from them not being confident in their product. Its like they feel that if they dont change game frequently enough people will start noticing the game actually sucks? Fact is, due to all this constant change for change sake it actually starting to suck.

The game starts sucking as soon as you realize the "value" that we place on these items is actually quite worthless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info