The Goodbye Thread

I'm big time sad man :( final logout today, I gave it a fair shot just not fun man ;___;
First time I've actually stopped playing this game. Usually if I don't like league I'll play ssf std or std. Now I don't even want to do that.

Feels bad.

I miss my favorite game.
Hope it gets better next league but I'm not hopeful right now.
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
innervation wrote:
"
theeze wrote:

This community has turned so toxic, it's incredible. I remember POE being united and we all agreed and disagreed. All these changes have divided the community and is becoming League of Legends.

It has nothing to do with strong players or adaptation. It's not respecting players time.

Could someone remind me what the end game meta was like the last time the community was united? What the game direction was? What the pace was like? What the power level of the players was relative to the monsters?

Could someone tell me who, at that unified time, even thought of using the phrase 'respect my time' when voluntarily taking the plunge into a notoriously hardcore and grindy even-by-industry-standards arpg made by Grinding Gear Games?

"
EvilBob2U wrote:
I emailed support and told them that I play games to enjoy them. If I had wanted a difficult game, I would never had played Path of Exile in the first place.

Can anyone tell me where these reviews are that give people the impression that PoE is a game that will never challenge or kill you?

Someone?

Anyone?

Give it a rest, this thread is about people displeased with the direction. If you like it, then why are you posting in here? To get some sort of reaction?

ARPG's are time consuming, yes. But they are usually rewarding. I think you're smart enough to fill in the blanks as to what isn't rewarding.
Started at Legion and been playing since then, but now I reached act 10 and I just cant play anymore this is just too boring and damn this league mechanic is just bad, good bye.
"
"
spokipo wrote:
"

A minority of you are quitting with imaginary numbers.

Are you kidding?
https://steamdb.info/app/238960/graphs/

Why do you keep thinking Steamcharts are a majority of the players even if it was the game is mostly single player.

This is more nonsensical than most of your posts. If what you're claiming is that Steam isn't a majority of the players then that is true. However, steam is a good representation of trends for all PoE players. It is the best we have. That is all that was being claimed and that is very true.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
However, steam is a good representation of trends for all PoE players. It is the best we have. That is all that was being claimed and that is very true.

Chris said there will be player drops. It's a smaller league so it's natural, USA the biggest audience finally has a summer they can go out to, people got mad at adding some diffculity back into the game and burned out players that keep talking about quiting might actually do it now.

Reddit awards threads with steam numbers as if it's pudding to the proof theat they are right about the game dying. It's silly rubbish and next league will have huge numbers anyway.

If you dont enjoy the game, take a break. Not like you still can't zoom, you can, it just requires a bit more effort than the nothing it took before.
Using the goodbye thread to post my feedback for GGG. I don't need to rehash what everyone else has already said. Here's the relevant information in case GGG does an analysis of the feedback from the players.

I quit the campaign around A7 today on Sunday. I'm not a diehard nor too casual as in the previous leagues I've easily made it to red maps. I will leave my reasoning for quitting in my conclusion.

Constructive feedback concerning the campaign: There is more challenge which was nice to a certain degree. I had to dodge and kite the mobs through the early acts. So I was definitely engaging and interacting with the mobs more. Thus for campaign mobs the damage to life ratio felt good for normal and magic monsters. There were a few rare and unique monsters that just felt like hp sponges.

This leads into some of the negative experiences for me. Some of the Unique bosses felt dragged out, especially early on when gearing issues hamper your output potential. Act 1 felt a bit over tuned as I was spending minutes fighting unique bosses. This was again, due to limited damage output and sustain from flasks. These fights did not feel engaging as the encounter's skill level was a low level of play.

That level of play became the same rotation. Fire off damaging skills, dodge attack, kite boss and mechanics, run away when oom to regen some more. Rinse and repeat every unique boss. I am fully aware that this repeated cycle could be said about many games. The sequence was stretched out too long though as I was on autopilot through the sequence thinking, "Man, this is taking awhile."

I wasn't engaged in the game at that point any more. The joy of escaping into a game for a challenge and fun vanished upon being aware of the grind.

I'm a teacher so I am fully aware of the psychological components used in modern gaming. Those boss fights kept pushing me out of the gaming zone where my dopamine hits from progressing would hit.

I told myself, "This is an adjustment period with a lot of nerfs. You simply need to adjust and get online with your gear. Once that happens you'll be to maps in no time."

So day 2 I continued working through the campaign while trying to avoid the rush mindset. I wanted to experience the game that GGG is trying to steer us towards in preparation for PoE2. So I streamlined a 4 link Toxic Rain on my Quill Rain. The mana wasn't too bad at 26 mana off the four link. I needed regen so I was using a mana flask, and the clarity aura at level 8 so that I would have enough of a mana pool to fire off the skill 4 times before emptying my mana pool. This kind of worked except on bosses where my mana flask would run out of charges. Then I would have to wait for phase changes to produce more adds for me to farm a few charges to get enough burst damage back up. This was a problem as my boss fights were taking longer as I could not sustain TR for more than about 16-25 shots before ooming. So my solution came back to an old unique that I hadn't touched in awhile: Thief's Torment. I was now online again for now.

I continued through the acts. I had a path forward to maps. But then I noticed something disturbing as I progressed. The bosses were still taking minutes of just sitting there unleashing damage while dodging. I had my sustain but the bosses were still HP sponges.

That's when I had my metacognition moment with the game. I was aware I wasn't having fun. I was going through the motions. I knew what I needed to do to get back to that feeling of exploring maps and searching for loot in my runs. I already had chaos for upgrading my gear at the beginning maps. But I also could see the amount of time this would take based off my previous league experience and this one. I didn't want to dedicate that amount of time. I wanted to go for the challenges. I tried to give myself the goal of going for 36 this league but that backfired when I realized again the time I would have to commit to reach those challenges. I return to work after next week. I enjoy reading and know of a few shows coming up that I would like to watch. I know how little time I would have if I went for those challenges.

I could set aside maybe an hour or two a day for the grind and probably make the league challenge goal. But between my job, preparing lessons for my classes, and my need to sleep, I would end up spending all my "free" time on one game. That game wasn't hitting the same points as before. I wasn't getting a sense of progression and development. I was just going through the motions without really feeling a sense of accomplishment for hitting the strides.

I asked myself, "What's the point?" I wasn't getting into the gaming zone and the grind to maps through the campaign just felt artificially lengthened. So I continued questioning, "Maybe this grind is worth it to maps?" I checked out some of the map play from streamers. That's where I saw the struggle at white tier maps for many builds. That was truly the breaking point for me.

I messaged my last friend that was still playing and offered him all my currency to try and boost him. I knew he would need the boost as he would have to hustle currency to get his build online for the maps that hit him like a wall.

I'm not uninstalling the game. That's just extra drama and airs from people over their frustration. But I am quitting this league as of this point on day 3. This is not entertaining for me anymore. I'm not getting into my gaming zone that allowed me to play plenty of games in the past before.

Let's try and get this down to a TL:DR; summary:

1) Act 1 was challenging and enjoyable to a degree.

2) Campaign boss fights take too long unless to optimize specific builds.

3) The spacing of rewards/progression is off. When we do get the good drops they were spaced out too much that the response is more of a sad, "Yay..." rather than "Sweet!".

4) Adjusting for these changes to engage with the content feels more like my build is being forced into some mandatory routes and nodes. I don't feel free to try new builds. But to be fair, I'm limited to knowledge of bow style gameplay.

5) The current iteration of the league leaves me feeling drained after a gaming session of only a few hours. I don't feel ecstatic or excited after a session. This leaves me hesitant to start another session until I reached the point of quitting.

Wow. Looking at those points I feel like I am describing the symptoms of depression. I'm going back to my books and other games for now. I'll be keeping an eye out on the game. I hope a balance can be reached again. Just please don't blame this league on outside factors. Learn from these decisions you've made and own them.

Good luck on the next league design.
asdf
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....
Last edited by elemenopy on Jul 26, 2021, 8:48:21 AM
Yeah, i think i'm done also. Got to level 57, and started thinking about how much more grindy the game will be at maps. I lost all motivation to play after that. The mana nerfs, Flask nerfs, and mobility nerfs are bad imo. 3,9k hours in poe. i've done this grind 100s of times and now that its even slower and more tedious. I just cant do it.

Gl to all who will still play, hopefully they will roll some of these back if not cheers guys hf :)
The tedium of the acts is now too overbearing, c ya for now.

Saved $200 yay me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info