Can't see shit, captain. [Low-life builds and vision radius]

The thread was created 1 year ago and there is STILL no solution for this? Do you guys at GGG really want to say that u had bigger problems for 1 whole year?
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
The thread was created 1 year ago and there is STILL no solution for this? Do you guys at GGG really want to say that u had bigger problems for 1 whole year?

As I've said before, nobody (except for idiots like myself) actually played the build until ShavrOPnne's Wrappings was added. Until then (read: two months ago), it wasn't really a problem. Now it's the end of the world. :P
"
Zagharos wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Bumping. Been a few months, still haven't heard about a fix for this problem. PA remains still nearly unusable in ~half the maps in the game.

Yes, please fix! ;)

please

"
pneuma wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

As I've said before, nobody (except for idiots like myself) actually played the build until ShavrOPnne's Wrappings was added. Until then (read: two months ago), it wasn't really a problem. Now it's the end of the world. :P

I took you seriously from the very beginning on ... so I guess I'm an idiot too :D
Joined 07.08.2011 as Arebor
Last edited by Zagharos on May 6, 2013, 5:07:09 AM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

May I ask how u deal with this problem in Maps? Can u tell me exactly which maps I should avoid doing with LL builds? Also does LL works in Docks? since it is a "bit" dark but not that much so I am kinda interested because I am going to farm it soon with my LL build.
If low light is just supposed to notify the player that they are near death, then why not have the notification indicate the transition rather than the state? In other words, when you enter a low life state the camera dims for a couple seconds, then light is restored because the player now knows that they are near death.

Treat it like a message, not a state indicator.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
If low light is just supposed to notify the player that they are near death, then why not have the notification indicate the transition rather than the state? In other words, when you enter a low life state the camera dims for a couple seconds, then light is restored because the player now knows that they are near death.

Treat it like a message, not a state indicator.

That would be good, if it still conveyed you were on low life after the fade disappeared. Otherwise you'll end up not knowing when to use a potion occasionally as the screen aint dimmed!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Solution: Aura (Illumination) with +Flat Light Radius
Last edited by Xendran on May 7, 2013, 9:41:38 PM
Pain Attunment: YOU HAVE NORMAL LIGHT RADIUS. why is this not added?? you are obviously going to be on low life most of the time if you take pain attunment so just let people who make that choice see everything.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 8, 2013, 5:08:08 AM
Pain attunement was made for armorwitches that equip shocknova gameplay.
It has zero connection to lowlifebuilds.
That doesnt mean it wont work with them.

Wondertrap was the origination of lowlifebuilds,
so why dont we remove the +30%spelldamage and add +100%rarity with +Lr instead ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Adding a light radius mod to Pain Attunement is not sufficient because we want to support low-life builds that don't use PA.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info