Can't see shit, captain. [Low-life builds and vision radius]

well I can imagine getting tunnel vision, blurry pictures, color loss and similar things but I do not think one can go blind from being in pain (in this case, low hp)... I do believe Pain Attunement does not state "blind" anywhere in description.
I don't care about how much I actually see on screen. I care about how it makes my eyes bleed almost literally.
"
ichishi wrote:
well I can imagine getting tunnel vision, blurry pictures, color loss and similar things but I do not think one can go blind from being in pain (in this case, low hp)... I do believe Pain Attunement does not state "blind" anywhere in description.
I don't care about how much I actually see on screen. I care about how it makes my eyes bleed almost literally.

When I suffer intense pain I tend to squint, I imagine being in enough pain (Low HP) you'd constantly squint and it would take a great deal of effort to acclimate to the change and stop squinting because of it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
bump because this is still an embarrassing bug
With the addition of the new "vision based on ES instead of life" notable, this problem is mostly fixed for ES-based low-life.

The fix isn't great since it puts a hard requirement on the tree, but it's already near to Pain Attunement and not excessively far away.

It also does not accomodate non-casters with low life (who may not be near PA) and does not affect life-based low-life at all.

Anyway, something is better than nothing, especially after waiting for so long.
"
pneuma wrote:
With the addition of the new "vision based on ES instead of life" notable, this problem is mostly fixed for ES-based low-life.

The fix isn't great since it puts a hard requirement on the tree, but it's already near to Pain Attunement and not excessively far away.

It also does not accomodate non-casters with low life (who may not be near PA) and does not affect life-based low-life at all.

Actually - it's bullshit, not a real fix. It forces us to use passive points to counter their mistake
"
pneuma wrote:

Ditto. Granted RF is pointless for LL builds now, but, hey, at least we can see.
Bump. Please fix this. Shouldn't need to screw our build to get the notable passive.
It's been 6 months since the last change was introduced affecting this issue, time for a bump.

Is Arcane Vision working as well as intended? What are the stats on %age of people who take PA that also take Arcane Vision?

Are there any plans to fix low-life vision for non-casters that aren't anywhere near PA on the tree? Has this approach been considered?:
"
pneuma wrote:
Make your max-after-reservation your effective max, so that when you're on-low-life of on-low-life, you get vision dim (35% of (max-reservation)).

Has the chatter just died down because Shav's PA/RF is no longer easily viable?
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 22, 2014, 9:18:15 PM
BUmp

some classes will never get arcane vision.
pls fix this to promote low life builds.
Please!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info