Can't see shit, captain. [Low-life builds and vision radius]

I'm all for ambiance, but on-low-life builds are almost blind in any building or cave.

Pretty picture!

(I've since gotten a little bit less life reserved to get me closer to the 35% ideal, but I still dread going into closed areas for fear of getting murdered by random archers through a doorway.)

EDIT: The best summary I can muster.
"
pneuma wrote:
Taking the Pain Attunement keystone changes the build into one that is generally on low-life at all times, not just once in a while. The character lives in low-life.
The stated reason for the vision dim is that people need to be warned when on low-life, as an exciting rush in abnormal circumstances, not something that you should see all the time.

I see a few ways to remedy this mismatch:
#1) Have PA grant immunity to vision dim as a bonus to the keystone. You've attuned yourself with pain, you live with it, and it's normal to you.
#2) Make your max-after-reservation your effective max, so that when you're on-low-life of on-low-life, you get vision dim (35% of (max-reservation)).
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 10, 2013, 5:44:19 PM
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2016, 1:04:35 PM
Nothing exclusive here, you expect a privilege regarding this matter honestly ?

You gotto deal with it.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Nothing exclusive here, you expect a privilege regarding this matter honestly ?

You gotto deal with it.

Well, good thing you're not a developer...
hmm yes that is rather bung.

should go off your % of life left after reserve rather than % of total life.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I am so glad Brecmadak is not a developer

He is the definition of a playa hata
i lol'ed about the responses, in fact i may had written a bit harshly though never managed to see if it ever could end up being a bug associated matter, my bad.

My reaction also occured for that i think light radius as default, is so giant, and should be decreased. Maybe a bit off topic, but somehow this topic reminded me that.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
My reaction also occured for that i think light radius as default, is so giant, and should be decreased. Maybe a bit off topic, but somehow this topic reminded me that.

This is more of what I was going for, not just whining about a choice I made with the character. The difference between low life and full life in terms of vision is too humongous. Or more to the point, a minimum distance regardless of how low your life gets would also work.

And yes, as I get closer to 35%, it gets much more manageable. What you're seeing there is haste (40%) reserved with low level reduced mana cost and blood magic supports, which I think would be fairly common with a pain attunement build.
Last edited by pneuma on May 7, 2012, 8:59:46 PM
Any word on if this is triaged, or when to expect a change?
"
pneuma wrote:
I still dread going into closed areas for fear of getting murdered by random archers through a doorway.)

ARE YOU SERIOUS? MEET THE IRON MAN
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
Dude... Just stay away from the computer for a while... Srsly, if it was me going out of the hospital the computer would be the last thing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info