Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
Noctuaturpe wrote:
This build was an absolute struggle bus after entering maps. Highly recommend just skipping over ultimatums. Inpulsa MoM setup helped a lot with them. The capture the circles are still a big no no but the kill enemies, survive, and defend the totem one are doable. I also decided to rush the storm drinker cluster and I'm doing alright now. I've had a few 12% brand mediums drop and been lucky enough to make 3 of the 4 mediums in under 30c by just chaos spamming them instead of paying 120c+ each. I'm on 3 watchstones so like T10-13 or so and the build is finally starting to take off. I highly recommend sticking through the bad times because it's a lot of fun. I'll make my characters public if anyone wants to look at what I've got so far. Nothing spectacular by any means but it's doing alright. Character name is NoctuSlinger.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that felt like early mapping was pretty rough. Will definitely stick it out, just about have enough to pick up an inpulsa myself.
im in early mapping now and i feel that this build is a bust. There is 0 defence except the mom and so but with ultimatum being what it is i dont see me pushing this build. Really not a good build this legue
"
sabermetrics wrote:
Does the build have any sort of defensive sustain? I've converted over to the MoM version, but a single Seething life flask is not enough to survive Ultimatums... not to mention once you take a big chunk of damage you pretty much go OOM.

You definitely want an enduring mana flask when playing the MoM version.
Hey,

Great guide, Loving the clear speed! however I am following your leveling guide to a T and yet I feel like it is missing defensive layer, as we have none if following the leveling guide, or am I blind? if you have recommendations check out my character, besides no defensives really having a BLAST with this build!

Last edited by shadowsfall123 on Apr 19, 2021, 12:09:00 PM
I am also having issues with the Lightningslinging survivability as everyone else is, but I was able to get a cheap Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt. This was a noticeable improvement to my survivability.

Hope this helps out a little.
Hello! Is the Inpulsa a absolut must before transitioning to stormbrand? Feels like it will be a while before i can get my hands on one.
"
naphzter wrote:
Hello! Is the Inpulsa a absolut must before transitioning to stormbrand? Feels like it will be a while before i can get my hands on one.

Nope, I used a Tabula with Agnerod for like 10+ levels before I bought my Inpulsa. It still works fine without the explody.
For those of you who are already pretty well geared, how have you been in Ultimatums? Have you been able to progress well in them or pretty rippy?
Has anyone tried the elementalist variant of storm brand? Stumbled across this and was wondering if anyone had experience w/ it.

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/storm-brand-elementalist-build-guide
Thought I’d say a few things after reading the posts from people playing the build this league. Take this all with a grain of salt since I’m a PS5 player and haven’t even started the league yet (it starts in 2 days). With that said, I took the build to level 100 last league and got 40/40 challenges with it. It’s also my favorite build I’ve ever played.

Last league we told most players here not to league start with it in Ritual because of how squishy it is and how it really shines when scaled with power charges which takes a big investment. I started last league running Carrion Golems, then switched to LL aura stacking Carrion Golems but hit a wall in terms of damage on 10 boss fights (probably my fault), so I switched to this build. It was very, very squishy (cast on death portal was a godsend) but once I got an Inpulsa’s and void batteries and other gear mentioned in the last two POB’s Fyregrass posted (10 PC/12 PC God Tier), it was stronger than any other build I’ve ever played. Definitely a glass cannon until I could improve my gear to help with life and resists (you can check my Characters list for my final iteration - MomsMeatCurtains).

In his intro to the guide last league, Fyregrass really stressed that it was a glass cannon and you should expect to die a lot, but I think that was taken out this league. Knowing that going into the build last league made it much easier to cope with mentally, and made collecting the gear to become God tier an exciting carrot to chase. To help negate this, having cast on death + portal OR cast when damage taken + portal is a must.

The new league mechanic, from what I’ve read and seen, seems to be a big struggle bus for a build that 1) Is only “glass” while leveling, and 2) Doesn’t get the “cannon” until the 10/12 PC POB’s. On top of that, any build that uses Spellslinger sees a big damage fall off around yellow maps.

For those of you feeling a bit let down by the build, my advice is to stick with it because it really is an amazing build.

Personally, I will be transitioning out of Spellslinger as quickly as I possibly can, and depending on how fast I can get currency, I might skip MoM/Agnerod completely. Getting Ephemeral Bond, and 2x Void Batteries should be at the very top of your priority list. Also, it can’t be understated how much cluster jewels do for this build. When I first started getting my Storm Drinker/Grand Design mediums, my damage went through the roof.

The last thing I’ll say is I read that some squishy mage builds are using Void Sphere during the league Encounter to help with crowd control to create some space to cast, so I’ll be trying that out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info