Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Kitava Down, everything has been pretty easy so far except for some of the Ultimatums are pretty sketchy but I'm using SSF gear so far.

livejamie
I just finished acts with this build!
I'm looking forward to the final result :D
Edit: early maps are a really nightmare don't have any regen or leech life...
Ultimatum are very difficult to do. I switched 1 wand with obliteration to get more clear and now i can do many of ultimatums easily...
Last edited by OTTOGIGA on Apr 19, 2021, 6:14:37 AM
just got into maps and I'm having problems, I feel weak against ultimatum encounters, dying very fast.
any tips for what to aim?
Really struggling to stay alive in ultimatums with the lightning slinger. have about 3400ehp, blind, immortal call setup, but i just get zerged down by rares running me into the ground. How do we avoid this?

Is there any type of leech im supposed to have that maybe i missed?

Thanks for the build guide, wish you luck in the league
Can we switch to mom brand setup without inpulsa? It cost 160 c. I'm feeling i dont have damage with spellslinger setup. Double wands 120 % spell damage added light from bench, additional nods for elemental damage.
For anyone having troubles early mapping, make sure to have the two imbued wands crafted, and the double 4links of spellslinger (arc + WoC + PCOC + SL) and (stormbrand + swiftbrand + SL + PCOC). I was only doing 1 SL 4link prior and moved to two and it really helped dps, it's not amazing but definelty helpful.

As for defences, fill up all the other spots with high hp and cap your resistances.

Hopefully that helps, if there's anything else please post.
Does the build have any sort of defensive sustain? I've converted over to the MoM version, but a single Seething life flask is not enough to survive Ultimatums... not to mention once you take a big chunk of damage you pretty much go OOM.
Last edited by sabermetrics on Apr 18, 2021, 10:29:28 PM
Early mapping is really rough. I hope I can try the MoM version soon, but I don't think it will be that much better. Chose the build because I love playing with Storm Brands, but I am starting to question this guide. Will give it a go until the MoM build and then try something else probably.
This build was an absolute struggle bus after entering maps. Highly recommend just skipping over ultimatums. Inpulsa MoM setup helped a lot with them. The capture the circles are still a big no no but the kill enemies, survive, and defend the totem one are doable. I also decided to rush the storm drinker cluster and I'm doing alright now. I've had a few 12% brand mediums drop and been lucky enough to make 3 of the 4 mediums in under 30c by just chaos spamming them instead of paying 120c+ each. I'm on 3 watchstones so like T10-13 or so and the build is finally starting to take off. I highly recommend sticking through the bad times because it's a lot of fun. I'll make my characters public if anyone wants to look at what I've got so far. Nothing spectacular by any means but it's doing alright. Character name is NoctuSlinger.
Last edited by Noctuaturpe on Apr 18, 2021, 11:27:00 PM
Spoiler

I played the build last league and got to being able to one shot the Feared encounter. Trying out the league start version and I think the Spellslinger setup feels pretty bad. I didn't have much trouble after entering maps until I got to yellow maps. At that point I started swapping to MoM variant.

Anyone having trouble with it I recommend getting an Ephemeral Bond right away. After that the Spellslinger setup feels smoother to use but you should switch out of it as fast as you can.

Also, I noticed the MoM trees have Eldritch Battery allocated. Don't take Eldritch Battery since it doesn't work with Inspiration/Arcane Surge. It was probably left in the tree on accident from the Spellslinger setup.
Last edited by FubukiShirakami on Apr 18, 2021, 11:36:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info