Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Very cool! I'm happy to see that brands are getting more guides, as I love storm brand and I had to come up with my build, which turned out to be really good.
Just a question, why don't we go for a +1 power charge & -9% light res helmet (warlord+crusader)? Is it really more damage to go for the light dmg to spells hunter mod?
Build looks fun! How does this do on fights with only one target like sirius?
"
okami29 wrote:
Thank you for this build.I would be interested for a video clearing Valdo's rest map fast to see the mapping speed of the build again harbinger and how fast it completes a map.
Thank you.

All I have for now is this: https://hnet.com/video-to-gif/viewimage/20210204-08-b1oICnCmwoiX3IoU-WHXpkA-HNET

I unequipped HH so it's usually faster/better

Edit: Videos broke :(

"
benDammit wrote:
What do you think how much would need to be invested into it to start out?

This build can do up to Sirus 8 on a 5 link though it will be a little rough. I'd say 5ex to start out with T16 content, 20ex to clear the game comfortably and 45-50ex to feel like a god in all content.

"
Psychoser wrote:
Hi. I love Brand playstyle. What abou defence in your build?
I wanna try this in HC.
What do you think? Is it viable?

Definitely not. This build is very squishy.

"
xelc wrote:
One of the most detailed build guides I have ever seen, very informative to read through, thank you for posting! Also really like that you post the relevant trade links, it's very convenient. I would be interested in a simple video showing Legion clear, as the only ones I could find are outdated. If you could post one, that would be great.

I'll get around to making a proper video eventually

"
ThomasHawl wrote:
Very cool! I'm happy to see that brands are getting more guides, as I love storm brand and I had to come up with my build, which turned out to be really good.
Just a question, why don't we go for a +1 power charge & -9% light res helmet (warlord+crusader)? Is it really more damage to go for the light dmg to spells hunter mod?

In most set ups where you can reduce boss resist below zero, it works out to like 0.3% less DPS, however, despite this mod having a large range, brand attachment range is larger, and I prefer having the utility to off screen enemies as well since I can attach and run further away. This is probably a matter of preference but if both bonuses are roughly equal and one is active all the time, that one wins out. Still, if you already have a -9 Res + 1PC helm, I would keep using it since they're really close.

"
Malira wrote:
Build looks fun! How does this do on fights with only one target like sirius?

Just fine. Storm Brand is actually a primarily single target ability, we have to obtain our AoE via Inpulsa or Explode mod chests.
Last edited by Fyregrass on Feb 5, 2021, 11:16:36 AM
"
+(30-40)% to Critical Strike Multiplier if you've gained a Power Charge Recently

If you "gain" a charge while at max charges, are you still getting the crit multi buff from the amulet?
Build does look great, but I don't really see the pros of assassin versus Inquisitor.

Inquis can get much higher regen = permanent RF and vaal RF bringing the total DPS comparable to the squishy assassin, but instead can have easily 7-8k EHP instead, far more tanky and single target is in the 10+millions. Can take it even further by getting a 6 link helmet then it's game over for everything.

I do like the build though so good job on that, but no one wants to die every map.

not relying on power charges means it can also take +1 lightning wand, +1 lightning shield making stormbrand OP and then a +1 or 2 int/lightning necklace... Fairly cheap and a massive DPS boost.

I went hypothermia route with the inquis also, have you looked into that OP with a

I did every boss including S8 deathless, bosses are LITERALLY a joke with an inquis, forget pots, youll regen to full hp in a split second between getting hit. I havent tried assassin so maybe you can enlighten me what makes it much better?

Some example gear i used below

The ONLY downside I found as inquisitor was that the base movement speed was very low with only one holy conquest and not many movement speed nodes so like 35% unbuffed move speed but of course frenzy charges and then 30% quicksilvers flask brings it way into the 130%'s which is adequate. I did feel slow when it was on cooldown though that was it.

Maybe worth doing a test POB and playing around OP with inquisitor? You can see the tree I used if you want to tweak and see if you can maybe come up with a tankier version but without the squishiness.

Permanent RF is pretty insane when used with stormbrand due to es leech (until you get es leech cluster) then can swap for concentrated or something.

Also can use a glorious vanity nicely in the build .

Not trying to bash your build OP but see if theres something i'm missing at what the pros are of it?

PS bonus points for incorporating portal gems into your build, most builds try squeeze more DPS for sheet damage rather than utility ingame.

Question: What move speed can the build achieve general mapping?
Last edited by Nevzat on Feb 4, 2021, 8:18:35 PM
Haven't played Storm Brand since Synthesis (I think?) but the effort put into this guide makes me wanna roll a char again for the sake of it.

This is how every guide should be made, mad props.
Last edited by Kyutoryu on Feb 4, 2021, 8:40:14 PM
Interesting build, would like to add a survivability option. Toss Atziri's Acuity and an Ahuana Glorious Vanity by MoM, and with this kind of DPS you'll be overleeching so much the only way you will die is if you're one shotted.

Since there's options for culling effect to come from somewhere else besides gloves, it's doable for this build. For added bonus get lighting damage leeched as life mod on any of the rings for even more leech.

The video links you posted in your reply don't seem to work. Or am I the only one? Anyway, thanks for your response.
First of all, incredible amount of work that went into this build, kudos.

"
Fyregrass wrote:

"
Psychoser wrote:
I wanna try this in HC.

Then I came in here to say that I played a badge version of the build (not your build but the general one that is going around) and I have to say that this build is incredibly tanky. Far more tanky than it has any right to be tbh with this amount of speed and damage. It was by far the best build I ever put together.
It had over 8k combined HP/ES and with the silly amount of dodge from badge buffed elusive plus silly revocery from cinderswallow urn (seriously, that thing is OP as hell) meant that I NEVER died while mapping. only died occasionally to bosses because fuck sirus storms and sometimes I just didnt pay attention. you get used to not dying with this build and that is exactly when you do to some random boss bullshit.

anyway, it wasn't even the most OP version of the build because I had shitty rings (not even synthesized ones) and boots that I just never bothered to upgrade because it wasn't necessary, and no headhunter because I hate that item with a passion.
ign: PhrozenFlame
"
cocomoloco wrote:
First of all, incredible amount of work that went into this build, kudos.

"
Fyregrass wrote:

"
Psychoser wrote:
I wanna try this in HC.

Then I came in here to say that I played a badge version of the build (not your build but the general one that is going around) and I have to say that this build is incredibly tanky. Far more tanky than it has any right to be tbh with this amount of speed and damage. It was by far the best build I ever put together.
It had over 8k combined HP/ES and with the silly amount of dodge from badge buffed elusive plus silly revocery from cinderswallow urn (seriously, that thing is OP as hell) meant that I NEVER died while mapping. only died occasionally to bosses because fuck sirus storms and sometimes I just didnt pay attention. you get used to not dying with this build and that is exactly when you do to some random boss bullshit.

anyway, it wasn't even the most OP version of the build because I had shitty rings (not even synthesized ones) and boots that I just never bothered to upgrade because it wasn't necessary, and no headhunter because I hate that item with a passion.

Do you have a POB or a link to the BOTB version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info