Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
Anackk wrote:
After a really quick glance through your build, remove those fractured rings and add some that will give you actual life/es + chaos res ideally (I mean, implicits for sure are completely retarded, but actual stats suck on them, that's why you save up and buy craftable ones). Have Corrupted blood immunity. Try to switch Haste for Discipline, and socked Discipline into Gloves, move Vitality elsewhere since it takes up very little mana %. Why blood magic support in helm? Use hybrid flask if you lack mana (I guess you do). Remove Cast on Death + Portals from Wand and add something more useful for the fight. And Badge is for zoom zoom, not really for Sirus (if you still die).
With the rest of your items, I don't see how you're not apsolutely destroying him if you're able to avoid bullshit he throws around.
In all honesty, with a proper tree+gems setup and just your gloves+helm+wands you should murder the shit out of him. Because this build fucks.

I guess I haven’t actually attempted the fight since I upgraded my gloves and helm. In the new league I won’t have any of this gear bcuz I’m gonna be too casual to afford any of the items I have. I’m just looking for advice on killing A8 Sirus when I’m at the 10 power charges level
Hey, just wondering if arc selfcast whouldnt be strong enough to carry us until we can swap to stormbrand
"
keiwoo wrote:
Would you recommend using Storm's Gift with inpulsa?

He said no to this yesterday.
livejamie
Super build!
Has the LightningSlinger PoB been updated yet, or should we league start with the Leveling Guide PoB?
"
Shiina37 wrote:
Super build!
Has the LightningSlinger PoB been updated yet, or should we league start with the Leveling Guide PoB?

Yup, they've both been updated now to the same updated PoB.

"
brakthir wrote:
Hey Fyre, thanks for the great guide. Curious as to the gem setup, wouldn't chain/awakened chain be really good for mapping?

Not at all. We get our AoE from explodes. Storm Brand's beams do very little damage (40%ish of the damage they do to the attached target) and even less with cluster jewels and Runesmith. Nerfing our single target damage so that this minor AoE chains at even further reduced damage does very little and only slows us down if anything. The quicker things die, the quicker they explode and everything else dies.

"
livejamie wrote:
"
Fyregrass wrote:

If you really like this build but play HC, play it as an Elementalist with Armageddon brand to level with and swap to Storm brand later on when you have lots of damage or an Inpulsa.

I'm going Elementalist do you think Arma Brand is a better starter for her than Lightning Slinger?

I haven't tested Arma Brand but I would honestly assume its on par or better than lightningslinger as far as an Elementalist would go.

"
XenJerec wrote:
In 3.13 I reached about 12-13mil dps with the badge of the brotherhood setup and I cannot for the life of me kill A8 Sirus but I can do that fight with poison bv. I wanna league start Fyregrass’ build but I wanna be able to take down Sirus without leveling another character just for bossing. I’m looking tips & tricks for killing him with storm brand assassin

Im not gonna lie, with that kind of DPS Sirus should be cake. I have killed him at 3k life and 500k DPS per brand before. I take no pleasure in the whole 'get good' routine but for sure the best advice I can give here is to just keep practising him. There are no storm brand specific tips really, just learn his audio queues and telegraphs. For what its worth my first 200+ Sirus kills were super scuffed and it was only Harvest League that I finally could do him consistently without getting 6 portal'd.

"
just963 wrote:
Hey, just wondering if arc selfcast whouldnt be strong enough to carry us until we can swap to stormbrand

Probably. I haven't tested it much except one time and I didn't like it, but if you do enjoy self cast Arc, its probably fine. I wouldnt have any advice as to how you would ideally set up your tree for it, but just something similar to what we already run would work.

Part of the benefit of lightningslinger is that its good enough to run with the brand tree and gets even a little benefit from it. We dont lightningsling JUST because lightningslinger is good, its more that it allows us to begin setting up for storm brand tree wise without needing to dump 20 orbs of regret on a respec which is gonna set you back like half an exalt if you transition on day 1.
I'll start this build, thanks !
Last edited by Enzoniewski on Apr 16, 2021, 7:04:35 AM
Oooookay, with the bunch of leagues as a cyclone-addicted-player its time to swich to something different.
Will try your build — you've made a lot of work with explaining every step of leveling and endgame playing (with really nice describing of minmaxing).
Thanks for this build
https://soundcloud.com/allumino
Thank you for updating the whole guide for us,i play it again,this was my strongest,and easyest character so far.
telling people to log out act 1 so you can have faster access at leaguestart queue this build really thought of everything. PepeM
Nvm
Last edited by Morrod on Apr 18, 2021, 7:15:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info