Difference between Blizzard and GGG

"
zeto wrote:
"
alcovitch wrote:

Jay Wilson Game Director of Diablo III

Not even sure why Jay was even mentioned in the previous list. While he's cited as helping out on WoW, he's not actually credited for anything. He joined Blizzard in 2007. His only official role at blizzard has always been Lead Designer for Diablo III.

He is not in the official credits, however he is mentioned to have worked heavily on Burning Crusade.

Also

Jay Wilson: If you want to blame anyone for the rainbows [bright colours] you'd blame our art director Brian [Morrisroe]. Because Brian is more the person who drove the art style into where it is.

Brian Morrisroe (sometimes referred to as "Morrisoe") was the Art Director on the Diablo 3 development team.
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - Lead Dungeon Artist (2007, Blizzard)

These sorts of things are simply not coincidences.

I'm sorry, but because someone helped design dungeons during the game's expansion he will suddenly make every game have the same art style as wow? That's madness. (sparta yeah)

Imo the only people that 'matter' in this discussion are the ones who are working on diablo 3 while also having worked on wow during it's development.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 2:45:16 AM
"
SnowGoon wrote:

Torchlight was made by a lot of the old devs that made the first Diablo games and it is more cartoony and less gothic and dark than Diablo 3 by far. yet it got lots of praise from players and the media alike.

So, why do you guys keep talking badly about Diablo 3? Most just mention the cartoony feel and tha is is dumbed down(yet they dont even know much since they only got to lvl 13). Of course it has changed some, it is not as realistic or dark, but it is a lot more dark than many games of the genre.

Things change over time, it cannot remain the same. Some embrace change and enjoy it and others cannot adapt and so they miss out on the new things in life.

I think Path of Exile has a more realistic and gritty look to it and it is better in some ways than those other 2 games. So in atmosphere it has the old school look of the dungeon crawlers of old.

But also ithas weaknesses same as diablo or any other game. For instance, it has borrowed its intro and character select from a failure MMORPG(age of conan) and it has copied its UI almost cut and paste from diablo games. That alone would turn off many shalow minded gamers right away calling it a "clone" of other games.

You see all games have flaws and weak points. No reason to just keep bashing a game to make you feel like you are now an elite person playing a far superior game.

I bought all 3 of these games and will enjoy all 3, i don't see why you all feel the need to choose 1 and then bash the others as if you joined a rival gang to the others.

When you say 'you guys' I'm going to assume that you quoted me to include me in your target audience. Which is strange, because what you've said doesn't even respond to what I said. Not in the slightest. Nowhere in my post do I 'bash' any game at all, and quite frankly, I'm slightly insulted you'd perceive my very careful language as something so crass as 'bashing'.

So next time you want to lash out at the anti-D3 crowd, try not to include someone who has repeatedly stated that both games have their appeal, both games succeed at what they set out to do and both games CAN and SHOULD co-exist.

Thank you.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Tagek wrote:
"
zeto wrote:
The thing is, if you believe that the D3 team, with it's major players coming directly out of WOW, was not *primarily* influenced by WOW, and that the reason that they really do look similar is not because it worked in WOW, and the reason why the game as a whole was streamlined is not because it worked in WOW... then you're not really reading the situation objectively.

All the people who make the real decisions on D3, were heavily involved and indoctrinated by WOW.

That is not a completely bad thing, in some aspects I'm sure it DOES make D3 better... but in some ways it'll certainly make it worse as well... and in many aspects it will be entirely up to the individual to decide if it was a good change or not.

But they are simply not completely separate teams... a significant majority of input has come from the WOW side of the fence by bringing in man-power from that team.

The majority of players will not come from wow, that's a blatant lie. As I said, diablo 2 alone has well over 10 million sales as I recall.

And although there is certainly some truth to be found in what you said, the thing about subjectivity applies to you as well, except the other way around.

I'm pretty certain D2 has only sold about 4-5 million. Starcraft I think is the one that exceeded 10 million.
"
Disillusioned wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
"
zeto wrote:
The thing is, if you believe that the D3 team, with it's major players coming directly out of WOW, was not *primarily* influenced by WOW, and that the reason that they really do look similar is not because it worked in WOW, and the reason why the game as a whole was streamlined is not because it worked in WOW... then you're not really reading the situation objectively.

All the people who make the real decisions on D3, were heavily involved and indoctrinated by WOW.

That is not a completely bad thing, in some aspects I'm sure it DOES make D3 better... but in some ways it'll certainly make it worse as well... and in many aspects it will be entirely up to the individual to decide if it was a good change or not.

But they are simply not completely separate teams... a significant majority of input has come from the WOW side of the fence by bringing in man-power from that team.

The majority of players will not come from wow, that's a blatant lie. As I said, diablo 2 alone has well over 10 million sales as I recall.

And although there is certainly some truth to be found in what you said, the thing about subjectivity applies to you as well, except the other way around.

I'm pretty certain D2 has only sold about 4-5 million. Starcraft I think is the one that exceeded 10 million.

Diablo Series has sold over 17 millions copies... including Diablo 1 of course..but huge majority is Diablo 2 and expansion ... just saying
'As of August 29, 2001, Diablo II has sold 4 million copies worldwide.' Taken from the wiki page.

I severely doubt that in eleven years the game has only sold about 1 million additional copies.

Yep, what maniac said.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 8:40:33 AM
The difference between GGG and Blizzard is I feel like I could be negative on these forums and not have to worry about being banned by over sensitive PR control wankers.

Cough cough CM who took affront about my negativity involving an issue that was, as I said, far larger than they believed.

Utter douche bag.

Blizzard censor the shit out of what's seen on their forums. I always thought abuse shouldn't be tolerated, but if it's an issue that's something embarrassing perhaps you should fix it instead of banning people who're talking about it.

They sure as hell don't want to answer questions about EU keys and whether you'll be put in the US or EU AH based on previous statements inferring you would be put wherever you activated the key.

Horribly smug bastards, having not played their games for a long time (War 3) I only had respect for them. Having hung around the forums waiting for D3 now all I have is contempt.
Last edited by TemptedNZ on Apr 26, 2012, 9:51:47 AM
"
TemptedNZ wrote:
The difference between GGG and Blizzard is I feel like I could be negative on these forums and not have to worry about being banned by over sensitive PR control wankers.

Cough cough CM who took affront about my negativity involving an issue that was, as I said, far larger than they believed.

Utter douche bag.

Blizzard censor the shit out of what's seen on their forums. I always thought abuse shouldn't be tolerated, but if it's an issue that's something embarrassing perhaps you should fix it instead of banning people who're talking about it.

They sure as hell don't want to answer questions about EU keys and whether you'll be put in the US or EU AH based on previous statements inferring you would be put wherever you activated the key.

Horribly smug bastards.

What was this 'issue' then? The region?
That's pretty darn obvious I'd say. You'll be using the auction house of the region you're playing in...

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 9:52:04 AM
DH movement that they subsequently patched the very next patch after the thread grew to double it's size after the CM was a dick about it.

Which has introduced delay in input commands, for example you can no longer put two sets of Caltrops down as fast as you use to.

I can't be bothered explaining to you the EU key RMAH issue.

Last edited by TemptedNZ on Apr 26, 2012, 9:56:20 AM
"
TemptedNZ wrote:
DH movement that they subsequently patched the very next patch after the thread grew to double it's size after the CM was a dick about it.

I can't be bothered explaining to you the EU key RMAH issue.

Then why bother posting it here? Your story definetely isn't very believable when you won't bother explaining it.

"
Tagek wrote:
'As of August 29, 2001, Diablo II has sold 4 million copies worldwide.' Taken from the wiki page.

I severely doubt that in eleven years the game has only sold about 1 million additional copies.

Yep, what maniac said.

Hm, just saw that myself. I suppose it is possible for them to have broken that barrier then! Honest mistake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info