Difference between Blizzard and GGG

"
Tagek wrote:

Yup, that's why they delayed the game for practically 2 whole years.
Because they wanted to produce a shitty product and make fast cash on it.

Makes sense.

you can't honestly disagree that they made concessions though, can you?

i'm not saying it didn't turn out ok. i'm going to enjoy it - but the main reason for dropping most things was it being too difficult to balance.

dropping a feature because it's hard to do? that doesn't sound like blizzard.

they did gear normal to casuals, which i am ok with. It'll get harder and fast. but i don't see that having anything to do with the quality of the game. the game's quality is still fine.
Last edited by digibucc on Apr 26, 2012, 10:29:00 AM
Normal was always catered to casuals.

Every game is about making concessions, because every game has a time limit. Some things simply take too long, or are simply impossible, to implement.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
but with ten years and millions of dollars, i can understand the expectation that blizzard would not fall into the same traps.

especially when their mantra used to be "when it's done"
So I was looking through where I said threads were deleted, noticed I hadn't and thought about you calling me the troll.

Yes, you're just going to have to believe that they censor things they don't like people bringing up. They've deleted posts only seeking clarification about the EU Key/NZ AU issue.

Along with over reacting to a post stating specifically that it isn't reassuring that they are this unaware of a large issue about DH movement they were then made even more aware of that they ended up resolving. That contained no abuse, only concern that they were oblivious to it.

The response from the CM contained the statement 'Only trying to help :)" I can only assume he took it the wrong way. I wonder what the temp removal of posting rights helped with.

Last edited by TemptedNZ on Apr 26, 2012, 10:35:53 AM
"
digibucc wrote:
but with ten years and millions of dollars, i can understand the expectation that blizzard would not fall into the same traps.

especially when their mantra used to be "when it's done"

How is it not done? Like, no game is ever 'done'.
If you take that logic and hyperbole it then no game of theirs would ever come out.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 10:35:54 AM
"
TemptedNZ wrote:
So I was looking through where I said threads were deleted, noticed I hadn't and thought about you calling me the troll.

Yes, you're just going to have to believe that they censor things they don't like people bringing up. They've deleted posts only seeking clarification about the EU Key/NZ AU issue.

Along with over reacting to a post stating specifically that it isn't reassuring that they are this unaware of a large issue about DH movement they were then made even more aware of that they ended up resolving. That contained no abuse, only concern that they were oblivious to it.

The response from the CM contained the statement 'Only trying to help :)" I can only assume he took it the wrong way. I wonder what the temp removal of posting rights helped with.

I never called you a troll, I just said there are plenty of trolls posting similar comments.

Also, there were plenty of threads for the 'key issue'.
That's one of the functions of a forum mod, to delete threads equal to other ones, with no additional point.

And just from the info you are providing it seems obvious that they did in fact know about the DH issue, and decided to close your thread over more particular things you said within it.

But I can't form a full opinion, because there's no evidence. :P

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 10:43:13 AM
"
Tagek wrote:
If you take that logic and hyperbole it then no game of theirs would ever come out.

I never said it wasn't.

They used to not care about deadlines or how hard it was - but would stick with a good idea because it was a good idea. not because it was easier to do than the hard idea.

i'm NOT saying saying the current system isn't good, i'm saying the excuse "too hard" used to not be applicable to blizzard.

at one time there was something special about the comany, the way it operated. then it made billions of dollars and got bought out and now are just like the other big companies.

yes their ip is still valuable, but the company itself is not the same.
"
Tagek wrote:
And just from the info you are providing it seems obvious that they did in fact know about the DH issue, and decided to close your thread over more particular things you said within it.

it wasn't my thread, nor was it closed. The response from the CM marginalized the issue, until responses afterwards showed it to be greater than what they were treating it as.

The issue had existed from patch 16, was not fixed in 17 and then fixed in 18 after that thread, with a response in the thread from a CM saying it had been dealt with.

You're completely wrong in your perception of this.
Last edited by TemptedNZ on Apr 26, 2012, 10:46:42 AM
"
digibucc wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

I never said it wasn't.

They used to not care about deadlines or how hard it was - but would stick with a good idea because it was a good idea. not because it was easier to do than the hard idea.

i'm NOT saying saying the current system isn't good, i'm saying the excuse "too hard" used to not be applicable to blizzard.

at one time there was something special about the comany, the way it operated. then it made billions of dollars and got bought out and now are just like the other big companies.

yes their ip is still valuable, but the company itself is not the same.

That's where you're already assuming the wrong things.
Regardless of what they say, they do have deadlines.
They postpone them often, but there has to be a point where they actually release the game.

You have no idea if they ever threw ideas out the windows because they were too hard. Because they were never this kind to have a super open development process before.
I'm also pretty convinced they will heavily consider NOT doing another open development because of the amount of bitching people have done about the game's evolvement, but that's another point not that related to this discussion. What I was trying to say is, perhaps they had a billion ideas for diablo 2, that they all threw out because they would have taken too long or been too hard to do properly. You simply don't know, you're just assuming they never did.

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 10:47:21 AM
"
TemptedNZ wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

it wasn't my thread, nor was it closed. The response from the CM marginalized the issue, until responses afterwards showed it to be greater than what they were treating it as.

The issue had existed from patch 16, was not fixed in 17 and then fixed in 18 after that thread, with a response in the thread from a CM saying it had been dealt with.

You're completely wrong in your perception of this.

Ok, that's what happens when you barely give out any info about what happened, and that was my initial point. Mwahaha. :P

But at the same time, that does not sound bad at all.
It just sounds like 1 guy having an 'oops' moment.
That happens every day on the league of legends forums, I don't see what the big deal is.

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 10:51:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info