This game ruined Diablo 3 for me...

"
Morbidangel73 wrote:
Not to beat a dead horse here, but this was what I was talking about earlier. People played the beta one time said omg this is not customizable and quit. If you had played any of the multiplayer with people that played the same class you would realize that even in 13 levels with maybe 5 skills per class and a couple ruins there was still wildly different builds that people tried.

Think what you want, but I don't know what you expect if you don't try things for yourself. 120 minutes? Yeah you played it once exploring everything.

As i said, i don't want a minute more.
If a game for 120 min failed to keep me, that means that somethings wrong.
Do i need to (get to) the endgame to make a game feel good? Ok, then pay me to play until the end game, and i will pay for the endgame.
It seems u like the game as it is, and thats a good thing, for you. At least someone is enjoying it.
Kristen for president! :)
Last edited by noirtenshin on Apr 28, 2012, 8:25:15 AM
"
noirtenshin wrote:

Thats a weird opinion, not attacking you just dont understand that view. There have been plenty of games I disliked in the first few hours but ended up really liking, likewise there have been games that start amazing and you end up hating or being totally bored of.

I know my opinions on most things do not stay static after just 2 hours.
"
RodHull wrote:
"
noirtenshin wrote:

Thats a weird opinion, not attacking you just dont understand that view. There have been plenty of games I disliked in the first few hours but ended up really liking, likewise there have been games that start amazing and you end up hating or being totally bored of.

I know my opinions on most things do not stay static after just 2 hours.

guess i can soften my opinion a bit, by saying that if i see a potential in the endgame i can (not must, it's my decision) somehow survive the hell of leveling to get to the sweet endgame (if i think it's worth it).

Sadly, in my eyes, the effort/time is not worth the reward (my guess is that i failed to see the game potential / or the game failed to make me see it).

I would describe it as a matter of personal taste.

But is it wrong to expect that a product that i bought for entertainment, should keep me entertained (well, most of the time)?
Not every game is for everyone, and i am personally a little "disturbed" with d3 having a path that i dislike (thus with emotions involved my logic is probably flawed).
Last edited by noirtenshin on Apr 28, 2012, 9:18:23 AM
"
noirtenshin wrote:
As i said, i don't want a minute more.
Do i need to (get to) the endgame to make a game feel good? Ok, then pay me to play until the end game, and i will pay for the endgame.
It seems u like the game as it is, and thats a good thing, for you. At least someone is enjoying it.

yep agree with u and when I see some some ppl who disagree with u about that, that a game must be good & keep your interest from start to finish not from half to finish remind me the FFXIII discussion all over again.

When FFXIII came out some ppl try to convince others who quit the game at the first 2-3 hours that after 20! hours o.o the game become better... and why exactly must I spent 20 hours in a boring uninspiring game and grind my teeth w8ing patiently when the game will become better?

When a game is shit from the start it doesn't matter if it will change later on from the moment I spent a couple of hours playing & the game fail to appeal to me that means that game is not for me and I must find something better to play simple as that.
If a game needs time to get into then it's a sign that is has depth.
I know how to fix that

1 Get a marker
2 Get your FFIX CD.
3 Cross out the I in FFIX
3 Add 3 I's at the end to make:FF I XIII
4 Replay the game =P

I had a lot of fun, it was still awesome. (Sorry if you don't like FFIX, it also works with all other FF games though. If you need to know how Ill teach you what to write on the CD)
"
Metronomy wrote:
I know how to fix that

1 Get a marker
2 Get your FFIX CD.
4 Replay the game =P

I had a lot of fun, it was still awesome. (Sorry if you don't like FFIX, it also works with all other FF games though. If you need to know how Ill teach you what to write on the CD)

My FFIX CD? I didn't like FFIX? I speak for FFXIII on PS3 what r u saying I dont understand...
"
rpgmaniac wrote:
"
Metronomy wrote:
I know how to fix that

1 Get a marker
2 Get your FFIX CD.
4 Replay the game =P

My FFIX CD? I didn't like FFIX? I speak for FFXIII on PS3 what r u saying I dont understand...
Dont worry about it, its not important. I essentially agree with you. Play games, have fun.
If you really want to know
I basically meant, get the CD of the Final Fantasy game you like e.g. FF1.
Then write FFXIII on the cover and then pretend to play FFXIII but you actually just play FF1 instead.
"
Sickness wrote:
If a game needs time to get into then it's a sign that is has depth.

i can give you a lot examples where this is not true, but there are a lot of them were this is true.

d1,d2,tq, sacred 1/2, ds1,ds2, baldurs gate 1/2, Icewind dale, HoMM x (exclude 4 pls :) ), FF VII,FF VIII, even Borderlands, Fallout 1/2, Legend of Grimrock etc etc.

Even Devil May Cry series has a certain depth in it's action based combat system.
Counter Strike had it's depth and skill required to play (depending on the role - in a clan - and be good at it).
World of tanks (the knowledge of the game mechanics). Hoping for Machwarrior online to have it too.

And most of them are addictive games and fun to play from the start(in my opinion, this isn't the same from everyone).

But for example FF XIII rly was getting better and better after 20+ hours in it (thou i am a hc fan of FF,letting my headstrongness conquer the boredom, still the VII and VIII were much better, with better pacing, game design and story - imo ofc - prone to discussion - but a warning: i rly am a big fan so expect some fire from me :)).

My conclusion is that the opinion stated isn't necessarily a rule, leading to an opinion that bad game design postponed the fun factor till the endgame.
I did not mean that every game that has depth takes time to get into, or that every game that takes time to get into has depth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info