This game ruined Diablo 3 for me...

"
thepmrc wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Sometimes it is not as clear cut as right and wrong, enjoyment is purely subjective. Just because someone thinks they are right doesn't mean they are... Pretty sure Hitler was convinced he was right too.

InB4Trolls:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

*Shakes head.* =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 30, 2012, 2:05:50 PM
So to make sure Witt. I should enjoy this game, Path of Exile, by not screwing up my build through the action of... Not playing the game. Looking up a build, and praying that the build I just looked up is actually right for my type of playstyle?

That I should not test builds that can potentially fail unless I have hours upon hours to invest into rerolls for potential failures. Oh and there are so, so many many ways to fail.

People who talk about Orbs of regret talk about having found up to ten in 60 levels... A sixth of your current points, but that actually depends on the number of quests you completed, and respec points. So what in 60 levels you have 18 respec points. Yes that sounds like quite an impressive number. Until you stop and realize that 18 points is sometimes only the number to get to a single necessary passive skill for a specific build.

Now here is the interesting thing. Whoever said I was a bad player? Or for that matter, even a casual player? Is it my preference for thinking that an entire reroll system should exist?

No of course not, none of you specifically called me a casual player, or a bad player. Most of you do so by default by blanketing the term to anyone who wants a reroll system. A system that appeared in Diablo 2.

WoW, a game that stemmed off using several design ideas and systems from Diablo 2? I understand that this is a niche title, and I understand this game will have it's own niche in the market.

There is a large problem concept with this game however. And I am even dismissing it's loot system when I talk about things like this by giving the benefit of the doubt that it is supposed to be played with friends exclusively. Which is actually a dangerous assumption to make in a game that tries to act like an MMO that plays single player.

WoW requires you to look up builds to create a successful character build. Is it hard to choose correct skills in WoW? Really look at those skills and tell me. Is it hard to see what skills are good? Or in the very least, very potentially good?

Your player type, and myself, with our years of experience, will take a look at the skill tree in WoW, then the skill forest in PoE. And already have the primary focus of our character picked out. For my Marauder, I am going to make it so he can't miss, and can't crit. That skill is single handedly the best skill available to melee characters. We will then proceed to beef up or character by picking abilities that enhance damage, defenses and life. They aren't hard to figure out. After that primary choosing we will figure out what other nodes we need to compliment our build.

In WoW it's even easier to see what skills you want to focus on. Does that mean you did it right though? Well in the case of WoW my build was considered a failure because I was off by 6 points. And no group would have me. The difference between WoW and PoE? I can play single player effectively. The problem with PoE? It's also trying to fit itself into the massive genre. It is trying to be a community driven game. It is very trade heavy and economy driven much akin to how Diablo 2 was, and arguably still is.

It is trying to be exactly like the games that came before it. Using the improvements of the games that came before it. Hell it even gets some of the exact same suggestions that I have seen appear again and again over the years in the exact same style of games that also came before it.

The developers are selling it as a hardcore game. Fair enough. There is however, nothing hardcore about looking up someone else's build. Telling me that the fault lies in the players choice of not looking up a build and then the developer trying to sell this to me as a game for hardcore players is ridiculous.

Difference of opinion aside, you can't seriously defend looking up a build as being any way shape or form "hard" Yet this is a game designed for the "hardcore?" Is this a hardcore game or not? If the part of the game you are telling me is what makes it a hardcore game, and looking up a build is considered not a hard thing to do, how is this system the system that makes this game hardcore if the system is not hard to simply look up what's best?

This game mimics so many of it's predecessors and then proceeds to do a handful of things differently. Whether it is better or not I can't really say for sure, since they do not have a full game out yet and again it would be mostly a difference in opinions.

But outright provably lying to say this game is hardcore or better then Diablo 3, because it makes you look up a build? Because it forces you to stop playing the game to make your character right? Calling it hard, or even what separates it from Diablo 3 as "Hardcore" When you yourselves say looking up a build is easy? Which last I checked was the opposite of hard?

That's just plain wrong to be calling a game hardcore and be using the words easy in defense of why it's so hard.
"
thepmrc wrote:

The only thing that is 'laughable' is you Rod. If anyone is 'trolling' at this point it is you.

Despite the fact that I still have valid points and am not the one who has resorted to personal attacks, admitted to trolling and getting enjoyment from twisting other posters words...

Yeah right you are, clearly im the troll here...

"
thepmrc wrote:

Not sure what you are getting at. You are further proving the point that you are so full of yourself that you HAVE to be right about everything. This is why I don't value your opinion at all. You are headstrong to a fault and feel that everyone should blindly agree with everything you say because you believe it to be right.

YOU ARE A JOKE.

Sorry this is pathetic now, because im proving you wrong, that makes me the bad guy LMAO... Ray claimed I was unable to back up my statement, he did this aggressively, all im guilty of is proving him wrong. So now I should sit back and let you and him rewrite history pretend you didn't say what you said (repeatedly) because in pointing out how wrong you are that somehow makes me the a terrible person. Yeah damn me for not letting someone attack me without reply. I am not the one who started this current direction of the argument, that would be you and Ray. You have both been proved wrong, but now rather than accept you are wrong, you change tact (classic forum argument tactic) so that now me defending myself somehow proves im unwilling to accept others views (despite the fact that I did just that in this thread)

What you presented was not a view, or a preference. You stated as fact (along with others) that there is less choice and customisation in D3. Thats just not true, I would never call someone out for their opinions, but false claims that are presented as facts, damn right Ill call you out on that, sorry to annoy you for pointing out the flaws in your thinking.

I dont feel anyone should blindly agree with me, I dont even know where you get that from. Im not the one who believes something that totally contradicts all known evidence/facts. Im not the one who thinks anyone who plays a game I dont personally enjoy is childish and nooblike or into 'simplistic' things. Im not the person who believes all MMOs are rubbish and identical. Those things all apply either to you or to other people in this thread who hate D3. Where as D3 supporters, I havent seen them attacking POE or attacking those who like it.

Say what you like anyone who matters knows who holds the moral highground in this thread. Its not about winning, its about proving a claim made against me wrong. A claim someone else made (unprovoked) and you backed up, apologies for not being a doormat... I guess that makes me a JOKE right?

"
thepmrc wrote:

"
AgentDave wrote:
You know, just because someone insists they are right, doesn't mean they're wrong.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Sometimes it is not as clear cut as right and wrong, enjoyment is purely subjective. Just because someone thinks they are right doesn't mean they are... Pretty sure Hitler was convinced he was right too.

I never once insisted my opinion was right. I insisted that D3 provides more and better opportunity to customise than D2 ever did, thats a quantifiable fact. Whether you like its approach is an opinion and one I would not argue with. That guy a few pages back said he didnt like the D3 approach and I totally respected his opinion. You and others refuse to accept that your wrong, that D3 does offer more customisation, despite all the evidence supporting our position you still refuse to budge, and im the unreasonable one? ok then...

Oh and you didnt really mention Hitler did you?? Godwin's law anyone?? Now I know your desperate... its ok mate you just keep telling yourself im the joke whos trolling.
Tbf I don't understand why everyone is arguing that D3 is going/not going to be better then POE when THE DAMN GAME ISNT EVEN OUT YET NOR IS POE!!! both are beta, there are both going to have issues that need sorting out, I can not understand why people are dissing D3, I bet the moment it comes out all of you will be buying it and playing it anyway so this entire thread is pointless!!!!
"
RodHull wrote:

Thank you for admitting it finally....
37 pages of crap lol
~SotW HC Guild~

"
Morbidangel73 wrote:
"
From original poster of this thread I saw your post and decided to support PoE. I just bought the $25 Kiwi pack and am downloading the beta now. It looked better than D3 and sounds better than D3 from what I have read on these forums. I still have the Collectors Edition of Diablo III coming but it might collect more dust much much sooner than I thought...lol

ROFL and I thought all the people playing the open beta of D3 for 90 minutes and saying it is garbage is bad. So you haven't played this game, and assume you are going to not want to play D3 at all after spending 100 bucks on it. And your info is based on what? Seriously.

Such pessimism.... No I researched this game and read about it extensively. I also played the D3 open beta and also like it. D3 is not garbage and I did not say that. I will be playing both. Besides I was playing computer games probably before you were born. This year will make 30 years of computer gaming for me and I still love it! Unfortunately the children of today have no idea where computer gaming has come from. They are not knowledgeable enough or experienced enough to know. I knew from research this would be a good game. 30 years of experience saves me money. Now if we could just get the childish gamers of today some more experience they would not spout off to someone who knows more.
Control is an illusion!!!
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
RodHull wrote:

Thank you for admitting it finally....

Misquoting people for effect, or what did you call it 'twisting my words' Im used to you doing that now me old fruit... well done you just another nail in your credibility coffin.

"
Loki2012 wrote:
Tbf I don't understand why everyone is arguing that D3 is going/not going to be better then POE when THE DAMN GAME ISNT EVEN OUT YET NOR IS POE!!! both are beta, there are both going to have issues that need sorting out, I can not understand why people are dissing D3, I bet the moment it comes out all of you will be buying it and playing it anyway so this entire thread is pointless!!!!

TBF for me at least this argument wasn't about which was better. Thats a matter for personal taste. Currently im preferring what Ive seen of D3, but POE is a great game as well. In fact if D3 was not being released Id be playing it for sure. Its easily the best ARPG since D2 without a doubt.

This argument for me (and others defending D3) was about setting the record straight, there were alot of people making false claims about the D3 game mechanics, Id argue the same way on the D3 forums (if I frequented them) if I saw people misrepresenting POE. Sadly its become a flamemagnet due to certain people not knowing when to admit defeat and desperately using every forum argument trick in the book to misdirect the discussion and save some face.

Likelihood for me is this time next year ill be happily playing both games to some degree or another. And your right we just dont know enough about D3 or POE to make definitive calls on how good/bad they are.
1) Thread is 37 pages long making it difficult to dissect the actual content... but thanks to those that did provide germane conversation

2) The current posters seem to be mostly arguing about how to argue, rather than arguing specific germane points

3) People are personally attacking each other because there is very little discussion about facts anymore

4) Godwin

Due to the above three reasons, I'm going to lock this thread. Feel free to start a new conversation, about specific concepts or portions that were not resolved here, provided they are aspects of either game.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info