This game ruined Diablo 3 for me...

"
RodHull wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
but only to eliminate obvious trolling

To be fair thepmrc (or whatever hes called) admitted openly to trolling not more than a few pages back.

I said sometimes I resort to trolling when dealing with people who will never see past their own arrogance (read YOU). My arguments were very valid and are supported by plenty of others. Stating my opinion was not trolling.
Just wanted to add, that you can still look up builds online and copy them without a total respec feature, they aren't reliant upon one another. You can also build using the web tool before allocating a single point in game. If you aren't sure what you would need to take you can ask in chat/on forums or look at the mechanics thread.
My point?

I think some of these posts saying that they could "totally screw up a build through no fault of my own" are just silly. You can certainly screw up a build if you don't even try to learn anything about the game, but that's on the player imo.

The only posts with validity imo are the ones suggesting that, even with a good build plan and sound understanding of the game, you still may want to try something different and the current respec options don't facilitate that very easily.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
I wouldn't say they are "wrong", I'd say they are misguided at best, rude at worst.

I'm focusing on the POSITIVE things that I like/enjoy about POE, not the stuff I don't like about other games.
"
RodHull wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

What makes one "look like an ass" (aside from comments just like that one) is to accuse someone of trolling without backing it up. Otherwise, those who read threads casually (and who don't care to bother going back and fact-checking your observation) have nothing to base their interpretations your statement on but hearsay.

We get enough of that sort of garbage from the so-called "news media," which, these days, can make pretty much any sort of claim, and expect the vast majority of those who hear the story to accept it as gospel. So, for you to observe something so specific about another poster without benefit of a quote requires those who read your post to either take its accuracy on faith, or consider that, just perhaps, you might be less than accurate.

Bravo, then, for you having dredged up the requisite documentary quote. thepmrc did, indeed, admit to trolling, and that's unfortunate. It tends to discredit one's every statement when one is confirmed to have behaved trollishly.

Too bad, then, that so many others who do won't come clean, yeah? However regrettable, I fail to weep at these truths. =^[.]^=

Wow wouldn't it be nice if you could now act all mature and superior and somehow erase the post you did where you said 'quote or STFU' in reply to something that had nothing whatsoever to do with you. Sorry mate you called someone out to try and appear all clever, even then gloating when I didnt instantly reply (sorry for having a life away from the boards) And then when I did 'QUOTE OR STFU' as YOU told me, you then try to take some laughable moral highground and become some sort of apologist for his behaviour by suggesting hes 'at least honest'...

You thought you were being clever, you weren't. You just made an ass of yourself by getting involved in an argument you knew nothing about, had not followed and then defending someone who openly admitted to trolling at least 3 of of us who all did our utmost to counter his arguments even when he clearly had no valid point left and had devolved into insults and name calling. Better yet you someohow attempt to defend your comment by likening my claim to the 'evil news media' (tinfoil hats at the ready) I literally am flabbergasted by your response, have the good grace to admit you were wrong and well, to quote you... 'STFU'

Ah, so, I'm not allowed an occasional bout of annoyance? I apologize, then, for my discourtesy in telling you "Quote or STFU, please" (though I did say "please").

At any rate, you either miss or simply ignore my point, and what annoyed me. All I saw was someone coming out with a rather harsh accusation, posting it as established fact, and then expecting everyone to accept it de facto, without any documentation to allow for interpretation. As it turns out, you provided the quote, it showed that thepmrc did admit to trolling, and that it turned out to leave no room for interpretation. Congratulations. You "win."

However, your subsequent reply (to which I now reply) doubles down on your rather obnoxious attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you. I leave it to others to decide if anything I've posted makes me look like an ass; probably some of it does, since this is the internet, and likely none of us are completely blameless in that regard. By the way, don't throw stones about maturity until you move out of your own glass house ("Ready to look like an ass??" "From page 28... read it and weep").

Really, though, I couldn't care one iota less what you think of me. I see what you do on these boards, and I know what I do. I'm happy with the contrast. =^[.]^=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 30, 2012, 11:35:51 AM
Ray... you can see why at a certain point it is easier to just mess with him? Because he takes him self so seriously that he really believes everything he says is fact. There is no discussion with a person like that.
"
thepmrc wrote:
Ray... you can see why at a certain point it is easier to just mess with him? Because he takes him self so seriously that he really believes everything he says is fact. There is no discussion with a person like that.

He ain't the only one, pal. Still, I can think of more pleasing pursuits than semi-verbal jousting with folks like that. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:

He ain't the only one, pal. Still, I can think of more pleasing pursuits than semi-verbal jousting with folks like that. =0[.]o=

My leisure activities at work are somewhat limited unfortunately.
"
thepmrc wrote:

I said sometimes I resort to trolling when dealing with people who will never see past their own arrogance (read YOU). My arguments were very valid and are supported by plenty of others. Stating my opinion was not trolling.

No you said no such thing, you said... and I quote.

"
I have kept an open mind, you guys just cant fathom someone having a differing opinion so it devolved into me trolling.

That mentions nothing of sometimes, it just said you didn't like how we were arguing so you started trolling, im afraid you wrote this, you then also said you enjoyed twisting my words as it amused you, as well throwing random insults around and trying to belittle people. Even in the last page you again admit that trolling me is funny, yeah your validity has not been harmed in any way, nobody thinks your just being a sore loser and not able to argue sensibly anymore. Im more than happy to continue the discussion properly, seems you are not.

I never suggest stating your opinion was trolling, thats a good example of word twisting, but im fairly sure admitting to trolling IS trolling. And anyone who does that has to accept that their points and arguments lose alot of weight cause it becomes unclear whether you made them genuinely or just to rabble rouse and argue.

"
thepmrc wrote:

Again nice... Oh and btw hows that 'messing with me' thing going for you?

"
Raycheetah wrote:

Ah, so, I'm not allowed an occasional bout of annoyance? I apologize, then, for my discourtesy in telling you "Quote or STFU, please" (though I did say "please").

Annoyance at what?? I posted a reply to someone that had nothing to do with you, I did not address you, I didn't even know you existed until a few pages ago. You should, quite simply, have read back followed the whole conversation rather than assuming I was wrong. But no you came in with an agenda, you dont agree with me so assumed I was making false claims, when the guy you defended was proven to be completely in the wrong you dont even have the good grace to accept the fact but try to twist the argument to mean something else... sad mate, just sad.

"
Raycheetah wrote:

At any rate, you either miss or simply ignore my point, and what annoyed me. All I saw was someone coming out with a rather harsh accusation, posting it as established fact, and then expecting everyone to accept it de facto, without any documentation to allow for interpretation. As it turns out, you provided the quote, it showed that thepmrc did admit to trolling, and that it turned out to leave no room for interpretation. Congratulations. You "win."

I did not miss anything thanks. So Im assuming when thePMRC claims we cant accept others opinions do you get annoyed at that as well, cause he also provided no proof, in fact if you get annoyed when accusations are made without proof this thread must have sent you into a rage. But of course thats crap, you simply jumped on this point cause I was vocally defending D3, had I made the same claim but attacking D3 you would not have said a thing. And pretending otherwise is pathetic. Was not about 'WINNING' I got called out, agressively, by somebody I do not know and my honesty was questioned, so excuse me if my reply where I proved you utterly wrong was somewhat triumphalist but I think I was allowed that much considering the completely unprovoked accusation made against me.

"
Raycheetah wrote:

However, your subsequent reply (to which I now reply) doubles down on your rather obnoxious attitude toward anyone who disagrees with you. I leave it to others to decide if anything I've posted makes me look like an ass; probably some of it does, since this is the internet, and likely none of us are completely blameless in that regard. By the way, don't throw stones about maturity until you move out of your own glass house ("Ready to look like an ass??" "From page 28... read it and weep").

That is also laughable. Only a few pages ago I praised a poster who hates D3, he disagress with almost all of my points, but rather than being an elitist pr**k who attempts to dress up his preferences as fact and belittle people who differ, he made his points clearly concisely and didn't attack D3, just stated he prefered POE. Theres a BIG difference. Do you see me attacking POE?? I prefer how D3 does things but I dont try to make out POE is crap and people who play it somehow inferior to me.

"
Raycheetah wrote:

Really, though, I couldn't care one iota less what you think of me. I see what you do on these boards, and I know what I do. I'm happy with the contrast. =^[.]^=

Me too mate... me to
Last edited by RodHull on Apr 30, 2012, 1:15:58 PM
lol. Going quite well apparently as you are still ranting about it.

The only thing that is 'laughable' is you Rod. If anyone is 'trolling' at this point it is you.

As far as this goes:
"
thepmrc wrote:

"
RodHull wrote:
No you said no such thing, you said... and I quote.

"
thepmrc wrote:

I have kept an open mind, you guys just cant fathom someone having a differing opinion so it devolved into me trolling.

Not sure what you are getting at. You are further proving the point that you are so full of yourself that you HAVE to be right about everything. This is why I don't value your opinion at all. You are headstrong to a fault and feel that everyone should blindly agree with everything you say because you believe it to be right.

YOU ARE A JOKE.

"
AgentDave wrote:
You know, just because someone insists they are right, doesn't mean they're wrong.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Sometimes it is not as clear cut as right and wrong, enjoyment is purely subjective. Just because someone thinks they are right doesn't mean they are... Pretty sure Hitler was convinced he was right too.
Last edited by thepmrc on Apr 30, 2012, 1:57:36 PM
You know, just because someone insists they are right, doesn't mean they're wrong.
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info