This game ruined Diablo 3 for me...

"
Morbidangel73 wrote:
"
I can see how that would be frustrating though if indeed global chat is spammed by that stuff (no sarcasm).

Yes it really is annoying, and what has started me being vocal about this stuff. Normally I wouldn't care but it is everyday when I log on. I'm not trying to change your opinion, fact is I don't care, I like what I like and you like what you like. When it is the same thing everyday on here, and I hear nothing like it over on the otherside (D3) you can see why it might be preferred. Which is exactly what I have read in D3 forums. People logged onto PoE saw the bashing day in and day out, chalked it up to a wasted 10 bucks and moved on. The D3 bashing is literally chasing people away....just saying.

Links (which pre-date this post), or knock it off. I have been called a number of unpleasant things by those championing D3 on these boards, who then have had the gall to turn around and tell me that I was "hurting the community" because I expressed a differing opinion.

It makes for a nice meme, but I dun believe everything I read on teh web, junior. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
from what i have seen people rarely mention anything other than D3 in the D3 forums. There are a few PoE or TL2 posts that pop up here and there and they are mostly like what we see here. D3 gets bashed in these forums and PoE gets bashed in the D3 forums. In the D3 forums though those threads tend to die(or get locked) pretty quick but here they just go on forever. and yes the constant D3 bashing in global chat is annoying. global chat consists of 1 or 2 things. 1. noobs asking questions or 2. D3 bashing. I find it funny that a community that seems so anti D3 and ant Blizz cant seem to stop talking about them. I imagine once D3 is released it will slow down though. mostly cause you'll all be playing D3 :P
"
thepmrc wrote:

And everyone worships the ground you walk.

I knew that already thanks...
"
Sickness wrote:
On the D3 forums the mods actually do their job.

Snap!
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
rpgmaniac wrote:
"
Morbidangel73 wrote:
Haters gonna hate. I am glad GGG has people like you..

Yes u r right I am a hater but I was not before D3 I have play the previous Diablo & Starcraft games for many & many years and I buy Starcraft 2 day1, u can say that I was a loyal fan of t

ers they can, with few words money > old fans that's the new policy of Activision-Blizzard this company is not worth my money & my support they can go and sell their new World of Diablo game in their WoW subscribers with the annual pass, that's the player-base they hope to attract with that game in order to keep them in WoW.

Not only Activision-Blizzard, add EA to that list too. EA destroys original IPs just to make a cash cow out of them.
This thread should be locked/replaced with a vote:

D3 are Good?

1-Agree
2-Disagree
3-Agree to disagree
4-Disagree to disagree

No need for 30 pages of pretty much the same few conflicting opinions
Well after doing some d3 beta.
It a cool game, but only 4 man sice partys.
Game extremely fluident, no lag / disconnects / out off sync / out off memory, or redicilous minion UI.

So ill probably spend some time there after releace.

Bummer are no exeptional skill tree and party size off 6.
I hope GGG fix alot off " non fixable " issues.
Will be back, since this game got a really great potentional.
Clan Admin -> www-clan-da.com
http://da.xfire.com/profile/dmolisher/videos/poe/
Alt-O-Holic ... too many to name --> HC
Last edited by D_molisher on Apr 27, 2012, 11:25:37 PM
my feelings about d3 (and hope that nobody will try to kill me because of it)
i have a problem with d3 too:
the thing i love in d1, d2, tq and similar games is the build exploration, stat management , skill building and ofc collecting and equipping sets, killing bosses, exploring the whole map.

The thing i love the most is testing MY build (during leveling). With that i can make/grow attachment with my toon.
Making a perfect build by copying someones else is out of the option for me. I like my math, i like the conversation with people that made different builds. We can argue the whole night about items/skill/stats making every toon special in a way.
When i find out that i made i mistake, it was my mistake, and i need to compensate it.
also
Playing a perfect build that someone else created (for me) is boring. I want to make my build perfect (as stated above).
I know that most of you would say that am an idiot because i dont follow the perfect build (that am crippling myself), but hey every idiot has his own joy. Mine is hammering my head in the wall and i enjoy it.
And when i make my perfect build, am gonna be so proud of it and take him as far as i can go. Maybe then i will read some guidelines and make a perfect char, but i think i would quit the game before that.

For me:
Every level up brought a certain amount of joy, a certain amount of questions, and every answer had effects in the gameplay (especially while you are leveling).
With no questions, there was no answer, there was no expectation,there was no experimenting, there was no loving/hating, there was no bonding with my toon, there was no emotion... It was like i am a bot, and the toon isn't mine... It lasted around 120 minutes, and i have no intention to pay to feel like that again...

I expect that that would change when am able to customize my toon with gear later in the game, but then my char isn't gonna develop, isn't gonna grow, isn't gonna level, and he is gonna be like everyone else. Like a template char that u wasted so much time... Then again in some time, he (toon) is gonna have the best gear, and again be like everyone else... That makes me sad... That is why d3 bothers me... With that in mind, i feel heartbroken maybe even cheated...

Am not trying to spit on D3, am just trying to express my feeling towards the D3 system.
Its just like a book or music, i can respect it, but will i love it and enjoy it, it's a different thing.

With this am gonna leave you and crawl back into the shadows and keep waiting for that damn beta key :)
Kristen for president! :)
Not to beat a dead horse here, but this was what I was talking about earlier. People played the beta one time said omg this is not customizable and quit. If you had played any of the multiplayer with people that played the same class you would realize that even in 13 levels with maybe 5 skills per class and a couple ruins there was still wildly different builds that people tried.

Think what you want, but I don't know what you expect if you don't try things for yourself. 120 minutes? Yeah you played it once exploring everything.
The POE thread on the D3 forums were quite vicious. Much worse than here. Then they get locked. I wish we did the same here. Half the first page of the forums here seem to be dedicated to D3, on a POE forum :) Priorities moderators?? Are we promoting POE or D3 on the POE forum? Pathetic.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info