This game ruined Diablo 3 for me...

"
Eviathluc wrote:
"
Revelations wrote:
And from what I've seen of 1/3rd of Act 1, Diablo 3 got way cooler weapon models than anything PoE has to offer in its 2 acts.

Which might be visible for 2 out of 5 classes.

Every class has all their items always visible...

So what's this about only 2/5 classes having their cool stuff visible?
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
It's also telling that none of them replied to RodHull's points, only selectively choosing one sentence to reply to to and ignoring the entire post that destroyed their argument.

http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/flame_02.php

Me-too.

"
RodHull wrote:
Please enlighten me then about these builds for ARPGs (excluding pet builds which are quite specific) that rely on anything other than DPS?

I've heard of picking your battles, but...
Last edited by Eviathluc on Apr 26, 2012, 4:45:38 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

If they are not outright lying then those statements invalidate your belief by making kit specialization attractive.

Would you prefer I wait until the game's release then start posting items that make specializing an appealing choice?

No. I still feel that skill 'kits' do not offer the level of character development that I look for in an RPG. I will never feel that they are. Item customization exists in ALL ARPGS, however, some actually require thought in character build process as well so this is also not an adequate argument.

Bottom line, you will not change my mind based on your opinion or the opinions of the game devs. Simple as that. I feel the system is very lacking in RPG elements, and you cannot change that by stating shit I already know.

So I assumes you don;t like FF7 or 8. Or morrowind. Or Oblivion.

Hell what are some other RPG's generally considered great that don't have skill point systems and offer everything to every player. Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty damn good IIRC. Last Remnant has a pretty decent following... Final fantasy XIII was pretty good too.

Ugh I apparently need to start playing better RPGs.

FF7 and FF8 were probably my two favorite turn based console rpgs ever, but there is a big difference between a turn based console rpg and a Diablo game. You are correct that I thoroughly disliked morrowind and Oblivion. FFXIII I also thought was rubbish.
At this point I would say you're all pretty much arguing to argue. It's the internet and you want to win it.

If you liked the beta, play the game. If you didn't like the beta, skip it.

My game experience will change 0% whether you decide to play or not.

The haters and the fanboys will continue to trade petty insults back and forth while gaining no new converts to their respective causes and just appearing silly to the rest of us.

Get some popcorn or move along to a thread with actual discussion.

Damn, I love first world problems.

P.S. Please use more insults about reading comprehension, those crack me up!
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Eviathluc wrote:
"
Revelations wrote:
And from what I've seen of 1/3rd of Act 1, Diablo 3 got way cooler weapon models than anything PoE has to offer in its 2 acts.

Which might be visible for 2 out of 5 classes.

Monks, Witch Doctors, and Wizards lose their weapon models while using their actual actions. At least I don't have to look at a wizard using an axe.
"
Eviathluc wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

Monks, Witch Doctors, and Wizards lose their weapon models while using their actual actions. At least I don't have to look at a wizard using an axe.

My wizard swung her sword with very magic missile. And my witch doctor prominently displayed his weapon regardless of action.

Can't comment on monk.

@pmrc: So basically the only games you ever liked as ARPGs were ones where you needed spreadsheets and a dozen formulas to figure out where you should spend your attribute pints? You must REALLY love ADD and DnD3.5.. And hate DnD4
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Apr 26, 2012, 4:46:46 PM
"
miljan wrote:

Sometimes I really wonder why people don't read posts good.

Maybe it would help if they read the posts well?
"
Autocthon wrote:
And hate DnD4

Ofcourse he does, it is (was) new and different.
Last edited by Sickness on Apr 26, 2012, 4:54:45 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
Crafted items are potentially as good as uniques. You craft items by breaking down drops. You gained drops in those 15 minutes and can put those towards crafting an item if your 15 minutes didn't reveal anything good.

Not all random modifiers are equally helpful :)

Side Note: Forum feature needed -> Ability to delete one's own posts.
Last edited by Eviathluc on Apr 26, 2012, 4:55:59 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Eviathluc wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

My wizard swung her sword with very magic missile. And my witch doctor prominently displayed his weapon regardless of action.

Can't comment on monk.

@pmrc: So basically the only games you ever liked as ARPGs were ones where you needed spreadsheets and a dozen formulas to figure out where you should spend your attribute pints? You must REALLY love ADD and DnD3.5.. And hate DnD4

Thats a bit of an exaggeration, but yes I like to use my brain while Im building my characters in an RPG. Diablo 3 does not require me to use my brain at all. I don't like that. Was never into Pen and Paper games, but you might be right on with that analogy for all I know about DnD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info