[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
ericchongws wrote:
Any thoughts about shield charge for fortify? What is the archmage support for OOS for?

you can use shield charge foritfy, I just prefer flame dash.
As for archmage in OOS it's mostly there so OOS deals a tiny bit of damage. Allows it to clean up white packs.
Any tips on how to craft the weapon? Thanks for the build
Quick question. Why would you keep Arcane Surge at only level 2-3? Your Flame Dash costs 23 mana, why not push Arcange Surge to level 5? I get that it's not a massive difference, just wondering why not. Thanks!
Hey,
I'm really enjoying the build.
Recently killed sirius but only on a4, looking forward to the end game.
Got a question about my gear.
What should I focus next on getting/upgrading.
I'm sitting on 25ex and don't really know what to get as first.

My character's name ZoomZoomMap.

Thanks in advance!
do I really need "adds X to X lightning damage to spells" on my wand? pob says it doesn't add much and other stats give a lot more so I was wondering what that is for?

Need some advice, I'm torn between these 2 belts. When I equip any of the belt, my res are capped slightly above 75%. Is phasing worth some ES?
Last edited by ericchongws on Mar 28, 2020, 4:26:43 PM
"
ericchongws wrote:

Need some advice, I'm torn between these 2 belts. When I equip any of the belt, my res are capped slightly above 75%. Is phasing worth some ES?

phasing is amazing imo. i use it on one of my flasks I love it so much. but I think its preference
This build plays really nice although I'm not at low life atm.

But comparing POB's in the special form between this lvl 90 build and my lvl 89 build, for the life of me I cannot understand the HUGE difference in damage on your build.

I would really, really appreciate any pointers to get more even... budget is very, very tight atm but looking at my gear it doesn't look that bad.

I'm struggling to get more damage, no clue how. I know the 5L chest is giving me way lower than a 6L but even with deslecting the 6th from your build, I'm getting nowhere.

I'm still on a non crit build tho but even before on your non crit version, damage is way off..

Thanks for any advice. Would appreciate it if someone would take the time to look at it.

Pob: https://pastebin.com/YKSVbUAu (special pob fork)

Last edited by Zweetsok on Mar 29, 2020, 10:29:51 AM
Nice guide. Been using it with some modifications.

1. I didnt bother to shop for a good cluster jewel, instead i took mind drinker and soul thief on the top-right of shadow tree.

2. at 90lv+, get Glancing Blows from Lethal Pride for more consistent blocks.

3. I prefer chayula more than atziri foible. For me thats about 10% less dps but 10% more ES, and I like to be defensive.

4. I took conviction of power instead of illuminated devotion for ascendancy for more survivability. That also eliminates the need to cast OOS when mapping. Still, OOS is needed for boss fight that lasts more than a few seconds.

5. I think there is a timeless jewel that grants 3% more damage per power charge. This may be a good option if one doesnt like Glancing Blows.
Because of this character being my unexpected most fun and most powerful character I've ever played (ignore my time on this account, this account is new), I decided to invest upwards of 60ex into it so far. Just in case anyone is wondering how this build scales with large investments down the road, it's absurdly good.

I tried out Visions (5 passives version) with the more fevered minds, and I couldn't quite justify giving up Grand Design. Having 6 brands feels SO much better for mapping. It may be worth getting Visions again when I can afford a clarity watcher's eye, but until then I'll stick to my Grand Design.

In the expensive version of this build, I decided to still keep the Melding cluster of energy shield nodes, as it's just so incredible to have and scales insanely nicely with ES. I was using Utmost Intellect for a while, but decided to invest in Tranquility. It took my damage up about 10k tooltip, but it dropped my es by about 400. I still don't know if it was worth it, but we'll see.

As for Sirus, I'm a very bad player in the technical skill aspect, and was able to kill Sirus at levels 1 through 7 so far. Died once in every single fight due to not being good at dodging, however this build makes the fight so incredibly easy. If you're like me and thought you could never kill Sirus, this build on like a 3ex budget could kill him. Trust me, you can do it.

I'll leave off with something I discovered that changed the whole build for me. One of the FIRST things I invested in was a level 7 20% brand recall paired with a 21 20% Second Wind. This changed the build for me from slightly disappointing but fun to the most OP thing I've ever tried. Just a heads up.
Last edited by BeginningAgain on Mar 29, 2020, 9:10:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info