[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
AiMWARE_iSo wrote:
Just a Quick Question, how can Guys like this one https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/lolheretic/hereneckretic?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DStorm-Brand%26sort%3Ddps

have enough space to activate 4 Auras without having the Sanctuary of Thought Ascendancy?

Looks like having 6% reduced mana reserve is enough to use the 3 auras + a low level clarity (with a total of only 1% unreserved life). Just gotta be careful since respecting Sanctuary of Thought reduces the energy shield by around 2k.
I’ve been able to get all the uniques to transition into this build, but only have a 5 link. Ideally I would be using 6 link but won’t be a reality for some time. Any tips for 5L players? What support to drop in the chest?

Thank you for the active replies.
"
I’ve been able to get all the uniques to transition into this build, but only have a 5 link. Ideally I would be using 6 link but won’t be a reality for some time. Any tips for 5L players? What support to drop in the chest?

according to PoB with my current gear it looks like energy leech gives the least dps but only barely, next is lightning penetration but i found it felt much worse without pen so if you feel like you can recover well enough i'd probably cut leech
"
jericomanu wrote:
"
AiMWARE_iSo wrote:
Just a Quick Question, how can Guys like this one https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/lolheretic/hereneckretic?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DStorm-Brand%26sort%3Ddps

have enough space to activate 4 Auras without having the Sanctuary of Thought Ascendancy?

Looks like having 6% reduced mana reserve is enough to use the 3 auras + a low level clarity (with a total of only 1% unreserved life). Just gotta be careful since respecting Sanctuary of Thought reduces the energy shield by around 2k.

That is certainly a very interesting setup. Might consider that myself. Especially the split personality is very tempting, but it def requires skyforths. The ailment immunity is great since it frees up a ringslot and the discipline Watchers eye somewhat counters the ES loss from Sanctuary of thought as well as allowing us to scale damage to even more ridiculous levels.
I like it quite a bit and the damage is utterly rediculous. With the way the tree is setup I'd probably smack a unnatural instinct in the watchers eye socket and drop one fevered mind in favor of it. I'd also drop the one ES leech note as it doesn't really do much with the amount of damage this setup dishes out. Frees up three points and makes mana management a bit more beareable. Personally I feel spending more than 40 ish% of your mana for a single brand feels clunky. But a very, very interesting setup indeed.
My only worry is how it might feel to suffer the reduced AOE after sanctuary of thought is gone. I assume it would not make much of a difference as you no longer need the orb of storms for power charges.
It actually gets to higher dps for less money than my Voices setup. And not just higher. More like triple... 17 Million ish per brand which is... well.. Broken.

"
"

according to PoB with my current gear it looks like energy leech gives the least dps but only barely, next is lightning penetration but i found it felt much worse without pen so if you feel like you can recover well enough i'd probably cut leech

Yeah, drop either ES leech or Lightning pen. That shoudl still give decent damage, but keep in mind links are even more impactful for us since they scale mana cost.
Last edited by vaizard27 on Mar 27, 2020, 6:21:11 AM
Hi! Leveling this char now but storm brand is kinda lacking in ST damage so I'm using armaggedon. Quick question, how to attach 3 brands to a target? I can only have 2 now.
"
TalezBR wrote:
Hi! Leveling this char now but storm brand is kinda lacking in ST damage so I'm using armaggedon. Quick question, how to attach 3 brands to a target? I can only have 2 now.

You can only ever attach two. that's the max.
Any tips for increasing survivability while mapping? The build is awesome but how do you guys survive in juiced up t16 with delirium on? There is no mitigation, no dmg reduction so every hit hurts like hell.
"
tona91 wrote:
Any tips for increasing survivability while mapping? The build is awesome but how do you guys survive in juiced up t16 with delirium on? There is no mitigation, no dmg reduction so every hit hurts like hell.

This might sound stupid, but get hit less, make sure rumis is up and use a cinderswallow. That should make mapping very simple. I run 40-60% delirium t16 fully sextanted and if I die half the time it's my own stupidty for not seeing phys reflect or running headlong into a legion Commander. (Thos guys hurt more than Delirium Bosses)
So i wanna try this build out, what I don't know if its better to get Ivory Tower or Shavs since the price for a 6L for both is almost the same. Any tips?
"
ViperTech wrote:
So i wanna try this build out, what I don't know if its better to get Ivory Tower or Shavs since the price for a 6L for both is almost the same. Any tips?

Ivory beats Shavs in stats and utility. So definitely recommend that one. If you wanna go shavs you'll end up with less mana, less es, less damage, basically less everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info