[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
vaizard27 wrote:
So yeah, since the build was mentioned as getting gutted, this might not get an update. I'm still curious to see the numbers we'll end up with. They said brand recall will have some "carry over" from the cost of the actual spell. Question is mostly how that percentage will be and how long we will be able to extend brand uptime if they gut the duration and attachment range.

All in all, this was expected. I'm still looking forward to FINALLY have a cold variant of brands. I'm already playing around with frost nova ideas, depending on the numbers of the new gems and some other stuff I might update this or put our a new guide for arcane brand. The Penace brand also seems interesting... so yeah. If GGG doesn't come down too hard on the build it might still get ridiculous damage with the same gear and some more investment into mana replenishment... but need patch numbers or at least the manifesto to start planning.

Hope you keep updating this build even if it's only minor tweaks/adjustments. I'm enjoying it very much :)
https://pastebin.com/fZ0DK1ji

Where do I go from here (other than leveling up) as far as priorities go?
"
Ludwig_van wrote:
https://pastebin.com/fZ0DK1ji

Where do I go from here (other than leveling up) as far as priorities go?

Drop mom, since it doesn't do anything for you anymore, get a cluster jewel and maybe an additional fevered mind going. After that I'd probably go for the Shadow nodes and ghost reaver, make mind-drinker part of your tree and add Arcane Chemistry to your amulet.

Get your 4th lab done and grab either conviction of power or illuminated devotion.

Then Save up for skyforths, cinderswallow and rumis for more survivability and damage. I'd recommend going for the flasks first and buying skyforths last.
Last edited by vaizard27 on Jun 4, 2020, 5:55:28 AM
Hello,

Thanks for reply,

I don't understand the reason for Ghost Reaver.

Are not all my leech nodes ALREADY for energy shield?

I will get rumi's right away (should have already thought of it) and another fevered dream when I can.

I still dont see how I will get from 200k DPS (on POB, not even on shaper/sirus mode) to 15 million (or even 10 million, heck even 5 million) from here?
Shoulda been more clear, Ghost reaver only helps if you go for Illuminated devotion and drop your ES Leech nodes.

As for getting "the damage higher."
You don't have a skyforth or watchers eye, which means you are still halfing your damage by using Sanctuary of thought.
As soon as you get those two, your damage doubles, and when your mana cost for brands goes north of 8k, the damage just happens.
You can technically drop Sanctuary of thought if you only have a skyforth but then your ES pool becomes too low in my opinion.
Your setup as linked does also not have a diamond flask which it should, your crit is still lackluster, I'd probably drop Crackling Lightning for Arcane potency instead.
You are also not using a silver flask, which is another nice damage boost.
Heck even Atziris flask would already boost you a good chunk.
If you struggle with keeping all immunities up flask wise grab a Dream Fragments ring and then you only need curses/bleeds on flasks.
When adding lucky crit and onslaught to your POB as well as lightning exposure from wave and 2 attached brands, your POB is already at 480k DPS per brand, add in atziri and you're up to 525k, smack on uberlab and 575k.

And that is with your "crappy" lvl 16 gems without any quality. Woke gems also add a bunch of damage.

After that come the aforementioned upgrades, look for a good cluster jewel once you have the points for them.

Regarding the "expensive" watchers eye. A workaround CAN be to get a large cluster, with two sockets and 8 passives for lightning/elemental damage and slapping a medium and 2 smalls for extra ES in there. However it'S a lot of points ^^
Last edited by vaizard27 on Jun 4, 2020, 7:27:50 PM
*How can i get my mana cost much higher, aside from one more fevered mind, if I still need the ascendancy for ES?*

Yeah i understand the flasks part, my damage is more than adequate for my level of maps right now, so i was more looking for gear/passives i need to do first, the flasks are an easy add on.

I wonder if I need to replace my wand for one with mana, but wont have the +1 to lightning skills.

Thats an ex at least, same for the flask (cinderswallow), another for a cluster jewel thats good (maybe 60c if your lucky).

Are skyforth really so good? Is it the power charge part specifically?

I guess I can't take money with me when league ends but i have very little :( might not be able to make all the changes happen (certainly cant get watchers eye im down to bottom of the wallet barrel)

Sadly looks like this build is getting a pretty hard nerf stick :( fun so far! Thx for it.
Last edited by Ludwig_van on Jun 4, 2020, 11:39:06 PM
Hello! Been following your guide a bit and it really looks fun, moreover ive never played a brand build, so im planning on going for one on Harvest. So, here comes my question, do you think this build could be used (with some changes) with wintertide brand instead?
"
Heronik209 wrote:
Hello! Been following your guide a bit and it really looks fun, moreover ive never played a brand build, so im planning on going for one on Harvest. So, here comes my question, do you think this build could be used (with some changes) with wintertide brand instead?

Highly doubt it... if you wanna go for wintertide my gutfeel is to try do so via occultist, not hierophant. And all the scaling I apply here is based on crit and mana cost which will most likely not work with dots.
Nice build, although the chest took me like 750+ chromatic orbs to get right colors (6 blue sockets). Just couple questions, why don't we take Mind over Matter keystone? as it will let us become more tanky due to our large mana pool.
And can I switch Elemental focus support to Energy leech support for more reliable leech and my damage could shock enemies at the same time?
Cheers.
"
Wes07 wrote:
Nice build, although the chest took me like 750+ chromatic orbs to get right colors (6 blue sockets). Just couple questions, why don't we take Mind over Matter keystone? as it will let us become more tanky due to our large mana pool.
And can I switch Elemental focus support to Energy leech support for more reliable leech and my damage could shock enemies at the same time?
Cheers.

We don't take mind over matter because it simply does not work with ES. It only works if you take damage to your life. When we go lowlife the keystone does literally nothing, so don't use it.

And sure, you can switch Ele Focus for ES leech, you'll lose some damage though. Personally I found the build to be more than survivable enough once you get your hands on a Cinderswallow running and know which attacks from bosses to evade. In my experience, no amount of leech will keep you alive through a shaper beam or a Chimera dot. But it'S up to preference. Another thing you could do instead is grabbing the ES leech notes on the tree, dropping some damage there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info