[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

Gonna tinker around with this setup, thanks for the guide. I'll probably be streaming it a bit this weekend if anyone is interested. I'm playing in a "guild found" league - www.twitch.tv/jthebes

I got to maps last night and started wrapping up my missing skill points from speedy leveling. Slapped on some terrible jewelry to get resists up and expect to be leveling tonight after work. This is my second character so I hope to get some action in the higher tier maps quickly too.

My friend actually found Skyforth booties so I will be going that route. I'm nowhere near geared up or ready for swapping to full LL just yet though.
Glad you like the Build, just did a massive update on basically everything.
Good luck with getting your resists sorted if you take the skyforth in there ^^
I personally decided not to use one, simply because orb of storms gets the job done just as well.

Let me know how it goes!
Hello there! Great write-up!

I'm actually glad someone reached to my same conclusions about this build. We're basically using the same uniques xD

I'll just leave here a PoB link for reference: https://pastebin.com/ipjLJsmh

Premise: i play in Standard, so there are a couple legacy things. Most notably, old Fevered Mind with 100% mana cost. Also, i included Archmage calcs in the Unnatural Instinct jewel

I like your cluster jewel idea, i might give it a try if i can snag the right one

I also wanted to ask: what are your thought on the trigger on skill mod on the Wand? Is it really worth it over other dmg oriented mods?

Atm i'm using the Orb of Storms standard setup with Conductivity, but since i'm using Skyforth i might drop it completely, and use the gem setup you are proposing. That should actually clear a couple slots to use Vaal Storm Call

Also, do you know about some other broken things i could do with tools available in Standard?
Heya, yup looks like we have about the same setup ^^

Regarding the wand. I'm honestly not sure. But I'm lazy and don't want to manually cast wave of conviction. It effectively also allows the use of an extra link on orb which lets it clear surprisingly well on it's own when Brand recall is on cooldown.
Issue with dmg mods on the wand is that every added damage as element is basically neglegible as it pales in comparison to just having archmage. I quite like your wand with the + to critmulti against bosses. But I'll take not having to press extra buttons during bossfights over crits that are 10% more powerful.

I also used minddrinker before I switched to utmost intellect for the annoint. Felt I did not need it as long as I wasn't being stupid with my mana.

Regarding standard: No damn clue ^^ I only play leagues.
I have a dumb question but can't seem to figure it out, I can't reserve all 3 auras?

Edit: Nvm problem solved.
Last edited by Rackle15 on Mar 20, 2020, 8:52:39 PM
Aren't Sanctuary of Thought and Insightfullness actively working against Archmage? Do the downsides balance out? I'm also wondering would it be worth trying to get Explosive runes for the extra brand? You'd need to squeeze four points out
Last edited by Aueberon on Mar 21, 2020, 4:04:59 AM
"
Aueberon wrote:
Aren't Sanctuary of Thought and Insightfullness actively working against Archmage? Do the downsides balance out? I'm also wondering would it be worth trying to get Explosive runes for the extra brand? You'd need to squeeze four points out

Short answer: Yes.

I still would highly recommend taking them.
Sanctuary of thought we take for the mana gained as ES and less mana reserved. It allows the build to easily get 8.5k es without actual ES Gear, the node alone provide some 2.5k ES.
It also allows for all three auras to reserve 98% of our life without any investment in mana reduction.
If we didn't have the node we'd have to spend a ton of points to get reservation nodes and invest more heavily into ES. It might do more damage, but you'll never reach the amount of ES you get by taking it.
Even with the node active my brands still cost 2.5k Mana which is more than enough to get to 2million shaper dps per brand without too much of an investment.

As for Insightfulness. It's only 10%. The build has ~180ish% Increased mana cost from jewels and gloves, so these 10% really don't matter in the big picture.

Regarding Explosive runes:
I personally skip it because it's 4 points off my tree. With the cluster jewel I use I'm still on 6 brands, which honestly is 1 too many if you ask me. 5 does the job just as well, but the boni on the other notables are just too good to pass up.
Last edited by vaizard27 on Mar 21, 2020, 4:47:27 AM
Thanks for explaining your thought process. I actually sort of agree on the number of brands. Six feels like about the limit for me, seven or eight would feel pretty unwieldy I think.
"
Rackle15 wrote:
I have a dumb question but can't seem to figure it out, I can't reserve all 3 auras?

Could someone please clear this up for me? I'm an idiot with the same issue and can't figure it out.

EDIT: To any other moron out there who has the same problem... I still had Essence Worm equipped whilst trying to socket the auras... yup.
Last edited by AlexVX on Mar 21, 2020, 12:11:47 PM
"
AlexVX wrote:
"
Rackle15 wrote:

Could someone please clear this up for me? I'm an idiot with the same issue and can't figure it out.

EDIT: To any other moron out there who has the same problem... I still had Essence Worm equipped whilst trying to socket the auras... yup.

Gonna add that to the faq. Never occurred to me that someone might try that :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info