[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
Mr_Meeseeks69 wrote:
how would you compare using ivory tower over Cloak of Defiance?

Honestly I don't think the two are really comparable. Cloak of defiance is for pure MOM builds, while the ivory tower is perfect for lowlife. This build would simply not work with a cloak of defiance because mom only works for damage on your life, not your energy shield.
I think the question was more comparing the two build types as opposed to the two items for the same spec.

I just switched from Defiance to Ivory Tower. Ivory Tower does feel a bit tankier and definintely more dps. That said, my gear is also a bit better as the Tower build and I also upgraded my weapon which added some dps.

Overall they feel quite similar, the ES regen on the Tower build is quite nice and definitely noticeable.

In my opinion, they're roughly the same and if you have one built, it's not necessarily worth switching to the other but from a min-max point of view, the Tower version is probably a bit better.
Localidentity's fork of PoB has been updated with Archmage support so we can drop the stand in lightning damage gem.
"
Aueberon wrote:
Localidentity's fork of PoB has been updated with Archmage support so we can drop the stand in lightning damage gem.

Neat, updated my POB and removed the extra lightning, turns out my damage numbers were conservative xD
"
vaizard27 wrote:
"
Aueberon wrote:

Neat, updated my POB and removed the extra lightning, turns out my damage numbers were conservative xD

What would you suggest getting first after base ( 6 link ivory tower etc ), skyforth or get awakened gems, slightly upgrade rares? And why the hell everything is so expensive for such build. Skyforth is 10ex ffs. Not talking about watcher's eye.
"
Profatum wrote:

What would you suggest getting first after base ( 6 link ivory tower etc ), skyforth or get awakened gems, slightly upgrade rares? And why the hell everything is so expensive for such build. Skyforth is 10ex ffs. Not talking about watcher's eye.

I still don't use a skyforth myself mainly because I don't think it'S worth the ten ex investment. Yes it gives stun immunity and shittons of mana. But at the point I'm at I don't feel I need more damage, so I'd rather have my shitty chaos rez boots that I got for 10c, than fancy boots for 10 ex.

As for upgrading after you have the baseline and a 6link, 2 fevered minds -> Awakened Gems -> Maybe an unnatural instinct -> Bottled faith

Also always keep an eye out for cheap and good rares, I usually have 2 or three live searches open for upgrades to my items.
"
vaizard27 wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

I still don't use a skyforth myself mainly because I don't think it'S worth the ten ex investment. Yes it gives stun immunity and shittons of mana. But at the point I'm at I don't feel I need more damage, so I'd rather have my shitty chaos rez boots that I got for 10c, than fancy boots for 10 ex.

As for upgrading after you have the baseline and a 6link, 2 fevered minds -> Awakened Gems -> Maybe an unnatural instinct -> Bottled faith

Also always keep an eye out for cheap and good rares, I usually have 2 or three live searches open for upgrades to my items.

What would you recommend me to do to increase my survivability? Not bad, but stil ripping and cannot level up on to 92. For example chimaera kills me during his cloud phase. I've switched to shield charge with fortify. Thinking about changing to immortal call + MoM. May be even with conviction of power + skyforth. Also mana regen is kinda painful tho i've seen people on poe.ninja with both arcane cloak and MoM, no idea where do they get their mana from.
"
Profatum wrote:

What would you recommend me to do to increase my survivability? Not bad, but stil ripping and cannot level up on to 92. For example chimaera kills me during his cloud phase. I've switched to shield charge with fortify. Thinking about changing to immortal call + MoM. May be even with conviction of power + skyforth. Also mana regen is kinda painful tho i've seen people on poe.ninja with both arcane cloak and MoM, no idea where do they get their mana from.

Hmm... well oneshots are oneshots, Chimera is one of the more annoying bosses for sure. And the cloud phase can go sideways easily if you don't find him quickly. As for additional defenses, I'm not sure what would make sense. As we don't take damage to our life MOM does exactly nothing. You could run a Basalt flask for some free phys mitigation but that's about it. You could also try to somehow squeeze in more block via a cluster jewel.

But both of those will only mitigate damage and oneshots are always gonna be a thing with this build sadly.

One thing you could do is drop crit and instead spec into more defenses. You'd lose a good chunk of damage but, honestly you'll still do enough.

Depending on how much ES you have I'd also recommend upping that to give you a higher effective life pool. I'm right now sitting at 9.5k es and Mana and except for a shaper slam or offscreen legion Bullshittery in 60%+ delirium Maps very few things one-shot me anymore.

Regarding mana:
Personally I only cast my brands at the beginning of a map or fight and then only use recall to reposition, so the mana reg feels good enough. If you run into mana issues check if you can get away with using recall more.
Last edited by vaizard27 on Mar 23, 2020, 11:06:35 AM
"
vaizard27 wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

Hmm... well oneshots are oneshots, Chimera is one of the more annoying bosses for sure. And the cloud phase can go sideways easily if you don't find him quickly. As for additional defenses, I'm not sure what would make sense. As we don't take damage to our life MOM does exactly nothing. You could run a Basalt flask for some free phys mitigation but that's about it. You could also try to somehow squeeze in more block via a cluster jewel.

But both of those will only mitigate damage and oneshots are always gonna be a thing with this build sadly.

One thing you could do is drop crit and instead spec into more defenses. You'd lose a good chunk of damage but, honestly you'll still do enough.

Depending on how much ES you have I'd also recommend upping that to give you a higher effective life pool. I'm right now sitting at 9.5k es and Mana and except for a shaper slam or offscreen legion Bullshittery in 60%+ delirium Maps very few things one-shot me anymore.

Yeah, MoM is stupid idea, what's funnier there are plenty of 95+ on poe.ninja who use LL builds and MoM ( and no, they don't use timeless jewel ). And what about immortal call with possible conviction of power + skyforth.
And do you think it's worth to keep 1-2 crit clusters or i should drop them completely?
Last edited by Profatum on Mar 23, 2020, 11:11:17 AM
"
Profatum wrote:
Yeah, MoM is stupid idea, what's funnier there are plenty of 95+ on poe.ninja who use LL builds and MoM ( and no, they don't use timeless jewel ). And what about immortal call with possible conviction of power + skyforth.
And do you think it's worth to keep 1-2 crit clusters or i should drop them completely?

I honestly don't know, you want to be able to still crit for ele overload, but just the crit from Voidbringer might be enough. For consistency I'd slap a increased crit strikes into orb of storms.

Immortal call is nice, but again is not gonna save you if you just get oneshot. Skyforth makes conviction of power usable on bosses and the three endurance charges are definitely gonna help, but my gutfeel says you're still gonna get oneshot one way or another. Also, you are spending 10+ ex to do less damage for slightly more survivabilty, which just feels like a not so great tradeoff.

If you drop the crit and get some more lightning dmg, and switch the diamond to a basalt you might get up to 55% phys mitigation. Which technically makes you like twice as tanky against phys damage at least, so it might be worth a shot.
Last edited by vaizard27 on Mar 23, 2020, 11:36:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info