[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

Hey so I'm trying out this build, just wanted to know why take illuminated devotion as the last lab node instead of conviction of power?

Feels better for me but I'm no expert :P
"
urbanmonkey wrote:
Quick question. Why would you keep Arcane Surge at only level 2-3? Your Flame Dash costs 23 mana, why not push Arcange Surge to level 5? I get that it's not a massive difference, just wondering why not. Thanks!

Its also linked with brand recall. Which costs 16 mana. At level 2, AS procs on every brand recall and every Flame Dash. Move it to level 5 and it only procs off Flame Dash.
How important is getting a 6th brand ? It doesn't help single target, but I'm not sure how it would influence mapping.
Sanctuary of thought seems like a weird pick. I know you get a TON of energy shield but you also lose a massive amount of damage. I think Arcane Blessing ailment immunity seems like a much stronger defensive choice.
"
"
urbanmonkey wrote:
Quick question. Why would you keep Arcane Surge at only level 2-3? Your Flame Dash costs 23 mana, why not push Arcange Surge to level 5? I get that it's not a massive difference, just wondering why not. Thanks!

Its also linked with brand recall. Which costs 16 mana. At level 2, AS procs on every brand recall and every Flame Dash. Move it to level 5 and it only procs off Flame Dash.

Question.. is it better if I made Arcane Surge & Cast When Damage Taken 20% quality and keep Arcane Surge @ lvl 2, and Cast When Damage Taken @ lvl 6?
Ooh boy. Way too many comments.

First off: I'm not gonna go over everybody's gear and check what you can improve. A lot of things are dependent on what other stuff you need, like resists and the like. Generally:

Get a perfect Mindspiral in terms of the mana as ES. Even one percent is like 100+ ES with the build.
As for belts: I personally really love to have phasing on my jewel because it makes mapping much smoother. If you can live without that a crystal belt might yield more in terms of defence, but will fall short on total mana when compared to a stygian.

"
ExtoExta wrote:
"
"
urbanmonkey wrote:

Question.. is it better if I made Arcane Surge & Cast When Damage Taken 20% quality and keep Arcane Surge @ lvl 2, and Cast When Damage Taken @ lvl 6?

Regarding the level of arcane surge:
It depends on how well you can RELIABLY trigger it. Just do the math with your mana cost and cooldown. If you can support a higher level surge, go for it.
Quality on surge or CWDT sadly does nothing for the build.

"
KingJerbear wrote:
Sanctuary of thought seems like a weird pick. I know you get a TON of energy shield but you also lose a massive amount of damage. I think Arcane Blessing ailment immunity seems like a much stronger defensive choice.

Yes and no. It loses damage but the 20% of mana as ES make you so much more tanky. The endgame is probably to drop it and get a watchers eye with clarity to make up for it. (Which would also double your damage, just like that)

As for the people playing around with the build: Knock yourself out. I'm still doing all kinds of weird stuff and testing out new things.
Nm, was answered while I was typing. =P
Last edited by Tainted_Turkey on Mar 29, 2020, 6:07:07 PM
"
Zweetsok wrote:
This build plays really nice although I'm not at low life atm.

But comparing POB's in the special form between this lvl 90 build and my lvl 89 build, for the life of me I cannot understand the HUGE difference in damage on your build.

I would really, really appreciate any pointers to get more even... budget is very, very tight atm but looking at my gear it doesn't look that bad.

I'm struggling to get more damage, no clue how. I know the 5L chest is giving me way lower than a 6L but even with deslecting the 6th from your build, I'm getting nowhere.

I'm still on a non crit build tho but even before on your non crit version, damage is way off..

Thanks for any advice. Would appreciate it if someone would take the time to look at it.

Pob: https://pastebin.com/YKSVbUAu (special pob fork)

The awakened gems are like 100k+ dps each compared to the regular gems, the aura is another 100k+, pain attunement is 30% MORE, the rest of his damage looks crazy because bottled faith, crit flask and shock.
hihi, hardly play spell char, do have some questions. for end game skill gem, was wondering with awakened elemental focus, it cannot inflict Elemental Ailments. means no extra shock damage?
can bosses be affect by ailments?

and how cast speed in weapon can help in dps?
Last edited by nicholaiilam on Mar 29, 2020, 8:53:13 PM
"
nicholaiilam wrote:
hihi, hardly play spell char, do have some questions. for end game skill gem, was wondering with awakened elemental focus, it cannot inflict Elemental Ailments. means no extra shock damage?
can bosses be affect by ailments?

and how cast speed in weapon can help in dps?

Orb of Storms will suffice for getting a bit of shock down on bosses.

As for Cast speed it affects Storm brands activation which translates to nice dps gains.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info