[RETIRED] MUSCLEMANCER 2 | Souleater Winter Orb JUGG | Insane Clearspeed | Immune to Phys Damage

Can't wait to try the build :P haha

I'll contact you ingame for the mana potion craft :P
"
Denispower wrote:
Can't wait to try the build :P haha

I'll contact you ingame for the mana potion craft :P

Hey! Just add me in-game and message me whenever I'm on and I'd be happy to help :)
OK, so I am back for another 'What about this, oh and more questions?' post!

First, struggling with enough points for skill tree and you mentioned dropping
curse effectiveness if I have a 30% helm Enchant. Wanted to double check it's these 3 nodes; Curse Effect, Curse Cast Speed and Skittering Runes?

---
Controlled Destruction instead of Hypothermia
---

Instead of Hypothermia support, how about Controlled Destruction, more/increased spell damage, which seems better than Hypothermia? New to PathofBuilding, but this increased my DPS by 10k.

---
Wither Debuff instead of Storm Brand
---

More for you as you have Eternity Shroud and all Shaper items. Do you need Storm Brand for single targets, or does WO with Chaos Damage and ES bypassing Chaos Res do enough on its own?

How about adding "Wither - Spell Totem - Multiple Totems - Faster Casting" instead of Storm Brand to debuff Chaos Resistances further?

---

NOTE: So my Mana was too low for Omeyocan to degen, which you say in your updated Alternative to Death's Oath section. I didn't notice it was updated. Maybe you can add Update 'dates' on the Spoiler bar?

Thought this might be worth suggesting for you too. Instead of Inspiration as you got for the extra Mana, maybe Deep Thoughts for 20 Int is better. Not exactly game breaking, but it's free attribute?

---

I check this thread religiously to see what you've figured out so I can spend more Currency on it.

Updated to Eternity today (9ex) - 6L B-B-B-B-R-G as I went with Controlled Destruction instead of Hypothermia. If you tell me that's wrong, I'll revert back and buy another Eternity with correct colours & linked (spent 4ex on Fusing on Death's Oath and never 6L that bloody thing, from now on will step up for correct colours as before, but make sure it's 6L'd).

Accidently Scoured my Helmet, so had to throw another 2ex on another.

The boots (got a pair with cast/att speed enchant, worth it?). The Ring and boots were fairly cheap, but to find a Shaped version of either is madness. I don't have enough Orbs of Chance/Scour to try and turn a Rare Shaped Ring/Boots into those either.

Had to buy a new Ring with Dex and Craft some on the helm to make it work with new items. Now need to tweak Jewels as my resistances are royally screwed, but got a Life Leach Prismatic Jewel as you said, was cheaper than others, but still 9ex.

So today, spent nearly 20ex.

Trying new GEM's for the helmet; Wither - Spell Totem - Multiple Totems - Faster Casting. Honestly, it could be awful or amazing and I probably won't know the difference.

Not sure if I'll try Blight and use Spread Rot for 2 seconds Wither. Again, I'm clueless as I don't understand how Blight and the Jewel really work, or even if Wither will reach 15 stacks to debuff Chaos Res. Simply put, not sure of anything. Will Debuffing Chaos Res with Wither worth it over Storm Brand? I'll probably never figure it out!?!?! :D
Last edited by Phukka on Apr 23, 2019, 1:01:17 PM
"
Phukka wrote:
OK, so I am back for another 'What about this, oh and more questions?' post!

I'll address your questions in corresponding order :)

1. If you have a 30% temporal chains helmet, you can drop Skittering Runes & Curse Cast Speed. You still need the 5% node to reach 45% (Helmet 30% + 20 quality COH 10% + Skill Tree 5%)

2. Controlled destruction is a fine option, I chose Hypothermia because of its good more multiplier and the chance to freeze for Herald of Ice procs.

3.This build is really socket starved, so if you wanted to use wither spell totems you'd have to drop a lot. Storm brand is there because it scales well with cast speed, and adds to your hits/second for life gain on hit. Scaling the chaos damage from eternity shroud is an interesting idea though!

4. You can definitely get more mana for omeyocan from a variety of ways. I kind of just slapdash found a way that worked on my tree. I will look into what the most optimal way would be for the Omeyocan setup, as soon I'll be adding a section to this post detailing it as an alternative.

5. Those colors should work fine for eternity shroud, and Controlled Destruction will work well :)

6. I haven't bothered to get a boot enchant on my omeyocan's yet, but cast speed or movement speed or whatever would be fine. Just don't get mana leech if you've killed, as that would ruin the build. Also, you can't chance a shaped Omeyocan's (It's a temple room exclusive drop) and currently you can't chance a shaped Shavronnes Revelation either, to my knowledge.

7. Like you said putting wither in the helmet is probably the best place to put it. In that case you're getting rid of your single target skill, so I don't think it will outweigh the damage you lose there.
Perfect, thank you.

Updated tree to remove Skittering/Curse Cast.

Will trial CD over Hypothermia, but will probably revert back.

The idea behind Wither is to make WO our single target too since we do a bunch of Chaos Damage and can reduce all Chaos Res, so essentially Elemental Pen.

---

Also, do you know the limit at which AoE/AoD cap out at or the sweet spot is?

I've also gone mad on the Skill Tree, PM'd you the Paste Bin, work in progress, but I like this route as it opens up a few interesting options; Singular Focus which is similar to Ludicity only with more nodes, Purity of Flesh for Health and Chaos Res, Dark Arts and will probably work through to Amplify. Some of this I've already done but finding new routes as I speak.
Last edited by Phukka on Apr 24, 2019, 2:26:46 PM
"
Phukka wrote:
Perfect, thank you.

Updated tree to remove Skittering/Curse Cast.

Will trial CD over Hypothermia, but will probably revert back.

The idea behind Wither is to make WO our single target too since we do a bunch of Chaos Damage and can reduce all Chaos Res, so essentially Elemental Pen.

---

Do we need Mind Over Matter now, because we are at 0 Mana anyway?

Also, do you know the limit at which AoE/AoD cap out at or the sweet spot is?

I've also gone mad on the Skill Tree, PM'd you the Paste Bin, work in progress, but I like this route as it opens up a few interesting options; Singular Focus which is similar to Ludicity only with more nodes, Purity of Flesh for Health and Chaos Res, Dark Arts and will probably work through to Amplify. Some of this I've already done but finding new routes as I speak.

Taking a look at your proposed tree, you definitely lose out on a lot of HP (mainly less jewel sockets). The build isn't really lacking in damage, so I am trying to make it as tanky as possible while still having very good clearspeed at the moment.

Mind over Matter is still good even if you aren't using death's oath, because your mana energy shield takes damage, increasing your effective HP.
Yeah, the initial idea was to test different routes & damage nodes, just sacrificed Health as I lack SP to use.

Still undecided about a more HP focused tree. Feel one-shotting almost everything is better. The 1,000-1,500 extra health going to stop us getting one-shot?

Regardless, went with HP to see and I think this is a fairly balanced version - https://pastebin.com/ALZgQ72u

Dropped some Jewels because they take a lot of Skill Points and not sure it's worth it, especially for Onslaught and Phase Run? Of course, it can be changed to add two more sockets for 6 points; socket near Shaper (3 points) and the left side can be reworked to go on the outside from Tireless up to Purity of Flesh to give a socket on the left (3 points).
Last edited by Phukka on Apr 25, 2019, 11:13:14 AM
Finally got the build mostly working and it feels great!

One question I had was if there were any snapshots I should be aware of. Such as one thing you mentioned was you would reset your mana pots when you killed a rare cuz of shaper's presence. Is that because the presence doesn't apply itself to the speed the mana pots drain if they already started? Or is it just more to maximize benefits of the buff?

Same question for temporal chains: is it something I have to have before starting the mana pots to benefit from or will it work even if the pots were clicked already.
"
rokimomi wrote:
Finally got the build mostly working and it feels great!

One question I had was if there were any snapshots I should be aware of. Such as one thing you mentioned was you would reset your mana pots when you killed a rare cuz of shaper's presence. Is that because the presence doesn't apply itself to the speed the mana pots drain if they already started? Or is it just more to maximize benefits of the buff?

Same question for temporal chains: is it something I have to have before starting the mana pots to benefit from or will it work even if the pots were clicked already.

The idea you are referring to in the guide was based on resetting your flask to normal duration when you had solstice vigil. Unfortunately this doesn't work due to a bug, which keeps your previous flask duration as a countdown timer regardless of you pressing the flasks again.

As far as snapshots go, I've tested it and both Temporal Chains and Solstice Vigil work retroactively, so you don't need to have them present when you start the flask. They will begin modifying the flask from the time they are applied.

Glad you're enjoying the build!

By the way, for all those who have done this build so far:

I would love to read your experiences with the build/progress in the league in this thread, alongside your gear linked in a post. That would greatly help me to see whats working and help future people doing the build as well!
Last edited by Oscrix on Apr 26, 2019, 1:15:04 AM
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/chendalin/WINTERORBJUGG?i=2&search=item%3DSoulthirst

Here's my build. I redone the tree. Use 2 inspired learning and - mana cost jewel and ring to not use eldrich battery. Any comments on to change? I'm still new to poe. This is my second league

I added a blue nightmare so I can get power charges

Overall I wreck double beyond t16 maps and its very fun. Delve is very enjoyable and profitable being pretty much immune to darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info