[RETIRED] MUSCLEMANCER 2 | Souleater Winter Orb JUGG | Insane Clearspeed | Immune to Phys Damage

If we drop Temporal Chains enchant on the helmet and take Curse Cast & Skittering Runes, we lose just 5% from the enchant or do these calculate differently?
This build is CRAZY. Having a lot of fun with it rn clearing red maps.

I'm lvl79 atm running Eternity Shroud variant, borrowed some gear from my chaos convert WO trickster. It uses Ele Focus in WO 6-link instead of Hypothermia so I went with Herald of Ash instead of Ice like my trickster does.

The only problem I have with this build is picking up loot which requires going out of warp-speed. This build really needs a buddy who runs behind picking up all the sht :)

Thank you for the idea and research :)
Hi Oscrix,
I changed jewels a bit to get more max life and some chaos resist and now I can freely run (no chaos degen killing me on hit) :)
so only now I need watchers eye for generating energy shield for skills.
Btw still hunting for you to your craft of ender :)
"
Phukka wrote:
If we drop Temporal Chains enchant on the helmet and take Curse Cast & Skittering Runes, we lose just 5% from the enchant or do these calculate differently?

You'd be missing 15% (10 (COH) + 20 (Skill Tree))

"
4u3u wrote:

This build is CRAZY. Having a lot of fun with it rn clearing red maps.

I'm lvl79 atm running Eternity Shroud variant, borrowed some gear from my chaos convert WO trickster. It uses Ele Focus in WO 6-link instead of Hypothermia so I went with Herald of Ash instead of Ice like my trickster does.

The only problem I have with this build is picking up loot which requires going out of warp-speed. This build really needs a buddy who runs behind picking up all the sht :)

Thank you for the idea and research :)

Glad you are enjoying it! Picking stuff up truly is the only thing that slows you down ;D

Herald of Ash is definitely good for the build. At the start of this week I'll be posting about some updates that include using Herald of Ash in a variant :)

"
DanioOFP wrote:

Hi Oscrix,
I changed jewels a bit to get more max life and some chaos resist and now I can freely run (no chaos degen killing me on hit) :)
so only now I need watchers eye for generating energy shield for skills.
Btw still hunting for you to your craft of ender :)

Glad to hear its working well for you! I'll be online more next week, this week has been very busy for me and I haven't been able to play or stream. Just add me in-game and I'd be happy to help when I'm on!
Was thinking about putting together a Soulthirst build and came across your thread.

Why don't you use Righteous Fire + MoM to degen the mana? For skill sustain can just use The Covenant chest which will allow you to cast your Winter Orb.

Although I see that some skills will need to be linked to Blood Magic gem (Blade Vortex and Leap Slam). Map clear should be faster and single target should be similar as you lose a gem slot for blood magic but gain the more spell damage from RF.

Also don't need Eldritch Battery or ES on hit Watchers Eye with this method. ES on it is actually bad for this method as ES will degen first before mana.

Another way I can think of to degen mana is Blood Rage with MOM. Just tested the Blood Rage. It does work but have to make sure that ES is low as it will first deplete ES before mana. Also Blood Rage doesn't seem to do a lot of damage but might work in combo with Omeyocans boots. Less investment in mana needed for Omeyocans to degen enough.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on May 4, 2019, 7:59:22 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Map clear should be faster and single target should be similar as you lose a gem slot for blood magic but gain the more spell damage from RF.
I'm not the author, but after playing around with this build, both Death's Oath and Eternity Shroud variants, I can safely say that damage is definitely not the limiting factor when it comes to the map clear speed with this build :) You get so much damage from insane cast speed provided by Soul Eater, that even (non-phased) map bosses melt in sub-second from WO/WoC if you manage your SE well and arrive at the boss with like 100+ stacks.

But your ideas are interesting, I even may try to retrofit this into my RF jugg. It's just that RF requires full build/gear investment to get good damage from it. It also throws defensive part or MoM out the window. With MoM + EB + ES gain on hit you are always at full ES however small it is, so you get full benefit of MoM as a defensive skill.
Last edited by 4u3u on May 4, 2019, 4:00:27 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Was thinking about putting together a Soulthirst build and came across your thread.

Why don't you use Righteous Fire + MoM to degen the mana? For skill sustain can just use The Covenant chest which will allow you to cast your Winter Orb.

Although I see that some skills will need to be linked to Blood Magic gem (Blade Vortex and Leap Slam). Map clear should be faster and single target should be similar as you lose a gem slot for blood magic but gain the more spell damage from RF.

Also don't need Eldritch Battery or ES on hit Watchers Eye with this method. ES on it is actually bad for this method as ES will degen first before mana.

Another way I can think of to degen mana is Blood Rage with MOM. Just tested the Blood Rage. It does work but have to make sure that ES is low as it will first deplete ES before mana. Also Blood Rage doesn't seem to do a lot of damage but might work in combo with Omeyocans boots. Less investment in mana needed for Omeyocans to degen enough.

My initial thought for a build like this was using righteous fire. RF doesn't provide much bonus at all in this build and costs a lot of investment in order to sustain. Both variants of this build require a lot less investment to degen the mana, so more can go into damage and survivability.

Like was said before, the clear speed of this build is insane. You are only limited by your ability to manage leapslamming 25 times a second and picking up the items. As such I have been focusing on improving survivability.

Vaal Righetous fire however is sweet in this build. 20+ seconds of more spell damage multiplier is a nice boost to DPS.
I don't think Righteous Fire is too expensive. You'll be taking about 1000 damage per second with 5000 life and 75% resists which will be split between life and mana.

Deaths Oath does 720 damage per second assuming you have -60% chaos resists which is then split between life and mana. So it's not too far off from using RF. If you can sustain Deaths Oath easily then RF shouldn't be much more difficult to sustain. It's only about 200 more damage taken to you life pool per second after MOM.

But yeah, I think ES on hit watchers eye (with Deaths Oath) plus Eldritch Battery and MOM is going to be the most defensive setup.

Another thing I've been thinking about is other skills that benefit from crazy cast speed which have a duration. So you can just cast once and forget. Storm Brand and Armageddon Brand are two spells that benefit. Have you tried throwing out a 4L Storm or Armageddon Brand vs single target when your cast speed is stacked up? Might actually be really good and you don't have to stand still and cast spells. (Wave of Conviction can be dropped)

If it does add a lot of dps it might actually be worth getting the keystone by Templar for two brands.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on May 5, 2019, 6:52:39 AM
Interesting ideas discussed, bloodrage with immortal call is a no go. Love the build.

I tried the omeyocan setup with shavronnes revealation, eldrich non mom. Leap slam curse on hit temporal chains. I have not taken flask duration nodes as they increase mana regen.

2 issues:
- Soul eater resets before flasks are done, sometimes half way through. I have no means of leeching mana and can't regen mana.
- Once every map or once every 2 maps, I get stuck in channeling and can't move unless I TP out.

Anyone know how to avoid or why they occur?

Char name:AIDS_Literally
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on May 5, 2019, 8:53:42 AM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
Soul eater resets before flasks are done, sometimes half way through. I have no means of leeching mana and can't regen mana.
Yeah SE is kinda weird in this regard. One of the reasons this may happen is described in the guide:
"
Oscrix wrote:
Note: There is a bug with the flasks and Soulthirst. Even if you refresh your flasks, your 'timer' for losing souleater will continue. Resetting you flasks will drop your souleater, but you will still lose your stacks when the old flasks duration would end. Because of this, its pointless to try and restart your flasks. Just let them run out naturally.

Make sure you do not touch your flasks while mana flask you've used to trigger SE is ticking, and do not refresh it by using this or another mana flask before it runs out.

But it may be some another bug/interaction at play, I'm not entirely sure since that happens to me too sometimes and I'm usually following the manual :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info