Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

Sadly, no.
D4 is a complement to the ARPG game scene.
No game can compete with poe with content.

Boss fights, various end game content, delve, maps.
D4 will be a casual made by some uninspired designers.
Blizzard changed since d1/d2 was made.

POE still have those 3 same guys making the same game better 13 years later.
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

Sadly, no.
D4 is a complement to the ARPG game scene.
No game can compete with poe with content.

Boss fights, various end game content, delve, maps.
D4 will be a casual made by some uninspired designers.
Blizzard changed since d1/d2 was made.

POE still have those 3 same guys making the same game better 13 years later.

yep agreed.. D4 well. “We’re not coming out soon – not even Blizzard soon.” blizzard soon on d3 was 4 yrs.. well....poe hasn't got anything to worry about.
But. . . . will diablo 4 kill PoE 3?
"
yakri wrote:
But. . . . will diablo 4 kill PoE 3?
Absolutely not, it can never happen. BLizzard would have to come out with some insane genius idea.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Nov 25, 2019, 9:44:35 AM
At what year? 2026? We would already be bored with Poe 3 lol.
-Thinks back to Dialo 3-

HEY GUYS! Remember when Blizzard implemented a P2W system that allowed you to buy items with real moeny, then rigged the drop system so you didn't get shit you could even use for your class, forcing you to use the Real money AH to progress, but nightmare difficulty on launch was so badly tuned you either spent actual money to keep playing the game you paid for, or grinded an insurmountable amount of time to get the gear you needed? Remember that? You think Diablos 4s gonna be good, you're a fucking joke.
"
Necrotekk wrote:
-Thinks back to Dialo 3-

HEY GUYS! Remember when Blizzard implemented a P2W system that allowed you to buy items with real moeny, then rigged the drop system so you didn't get shit you could even use for your class, forcing you to use the Real money AH to progress, but nightmare difficulty on launch was so badly tuned you either spent actual money to keep playing the game you paid for, or grinded an insurmountable amount of time to get the gear you needed? Remember that? You think Diablos 4s gonna be good, you're a fucking joke.

Yeah imagine selling many tens of millions of D3 copies, then millions of the RoS expansion, and the necro pack.

Cries in profits and video game history.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Everyone relate to D3 whilst others to D2 forgetting about the greatest classic of all time and the potency of 1st Diablo. I presume the majority of players won’t remember this title but still it’s worth trying or at least watching at youtube how it all began. Some of you recall the good days of PoE, when the Wraeclast was dark without motley characters filled with mtxs. Personally, I got the feeling there is too much of it and simply can’t watch these cats, peacocks, frogs, whatever and skins in town anymore. It just ruins the sense of the dark world GGG wanted so much to maintain. If you were ever to play D1 you might have noticed the mechanics (excluding gems and skill tree) is Diablo based. For instance, in dungeons you had to fight the horrifying Butcher (haunting „aah, fresh meat!” gave the proper shivers) which being at lvl 2-3 was a pretty tough first boss fight that usually ended up being cleaved to death. In PoE’s prison you are slaying the same butcher in the skin of Brutus in ridiculously easy struggle. Even blood and human flesh in Butcher’s lair were copied. Colours of life, mana pool and flasks, idea of rare, unique items (including unidentified), Tarkleigh (Griswold in D1) and other npcs and much more are literally Diablo based.
I switched to PoE after disappointment with D3, having played D1 and D2 since 1997 till D3 release. However, despite so many jarring similarities to Diablo I found it very positive and somehow it reminded me of golden reign of D1 & D2. There were some absorbing additions such as ascendancy, breach, delve releases which were something unique. Nevertheless, I see the negative trend that continues. There’s also this feeling of constant rush. Term of slaying monsters rearranged to ultra-fast clearing which can be understood to some extent. Time changes and gaining exp methods change. The ability for super-fast clearing and pushing the ladder favours single player. People searching for parties read „no loot, no attack or kick”. If someone would have told me in 90’s that such kind of sick phenomenon may occur in circa 20 years I would never had believed it. This results in people playing for 2-3 weeks of each league and quit. On the other hand, game seems hostile for newcomers and every new addition makes it more and more complicated. As a result people are sent to forum guides. Having builds given on a silver platter they switch off brains and follow - it’s a dead end.
What is more, all the content of previous releases and mtxs mix up on the screen making the gameplay look as fruit cocktail party which is miles away from its former dark conception. It’s even hard to hold on in cartoony Oriath these days. Makes me feel like in some kind of zoo with cats, elephants lemurs and other extraterrestrial creatures. Only beings lacking here are smurfs, mickey mouse and simpsons. Simply there’s no place in creepy, dark environment for campy skill effects or misguided cartoony pets. There are other ways of making money without ruining best of what was once created. Why making cool looking uniques as most substitute them for mtx. GGG, give up on mtxs, preserve the grim character of Wraeclast, change multiplayer and focus on balance and core mechanics.
Another thing is trade. There was no trade at the birth of hack’n slash (ARPG), hence the gameplay was hard and tempting. At present, the only thing making gameplay difficult and discouraging a the same time is lack of balance. These days, it’s hard to imagine PoE without trade for most people and simply you can buy everything - just the matter of time investment.
To sum up, of course I don’t think Diablo could annihilate PoE. Furthermore, it's genuinely impossible. There surely will be at least a partial flow to D4 and the only question is for how long. To me, it looks like Blizzard developers, even being a different team, are getting back to the roots which means the golden era of Diablo. If only there wouldn’t be any rush with D4 release there’s a chance we will get an old upgraded classic. So, GGG, take time and do your best, will keep my fingers crossed for both positions. Stay safe, Exiles.

Erax
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Yeah imagine selling many tens of millions of D3 copies, then millions of the RoS expansion, and the necro pack.

In all fairness the ROS expansion didn't sell anywhere near as well as vanilla D3 did, hence why their director scrapped the planned 2nd expansion and just released the necro as a pack.
"
shishkabob wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

In all fairness the ROS expansion didn't sell anywhere near as well as vanilla D3 did, hence why their director scrapped the planned 2nd expansion and just released the necro as a pack.

I recently bought D3 Eternal collection and completed everything on Hardcore in 3 days on expert level from ground up with shit items. Even tried torment abit and managed to stay alive...this would never happen in PoE, which is much deeper and harder game.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info