Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released.

i know what you mean. when i bought diablo 3 i had to wait a couple years and fork over some more money before it actually became any more of a game other than auction house tycoon mixed with act 3 farming simulator. and even then it was still a mess. in a week or two id have all my gear and my stash tab and pretty much everything complete and g-rift simulator could only keep me going so long. plus every class relied on sets and pretty much every build was all based on all the same sets and uniques you could casually obtain in a day or two of playing. even without the auction house. but i guess its a step up from the years before when any feasible build at all for every class relied on pretty much the exact same gear all the way through, the only difference being strength, dex and int rolls on them. echoing fury, lacuni prowlers, mempo of twilights, etc. youd see it on EVERYTHING.

i dont expect diablo 4 to be much different. the people making the old diablo games that used to be great are long gone, the studio is a shell of its former self and now the focus is just caving into activisions pressure and trying to rush out a game as fast as possible to make a deadline, no matter what state its in.

id love to see diablo 4 go back to its roots and become the type of diablo game that it should of been, but theyve casualized it, now theyre pitching their little crap for the chinese mobile market to try to rake in that sweet little microtransaction money, and its quite clear where their business model is focused.

for now im just having more fun grinding away in poe in standard and messing around a bit in league. i dont see myself ever going back to diablo like i used to until they actually give me a reason to want to. and itll take more than just a diablo name on the cover, and an 'im bored i need a new game to play' to swing me.
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Apr 8, 2019, 3:17:39 PM
There is Grimdawn with its new expension going. Lots less grinding involved, but its a full price game. Very good and speed can be improved with easy gears and its more forgiving (No one shot mechanic or absurd amount of boss DPS to deal with)

Of course its end game fast builds is much slower then your typical "500% movespd / 12m Shaper / budget firendly,kinda (not really)" build, but its fine since you don't need to spend all your game time on one meta build or waste a full league on a build that is not meta and that you can't respect without spending everything you farmed or restarting from act 1.

There is a bit of salt in there but it is still accurate.

TL.DR:
POE = End game farming simulator *Build not included*
GD = Story heavy build explorator *Speed not included*
I would wait until at least 3 months after launch to even think about it. They screwed up StarCraft and Diablo. Not falling for it again. Borderlands already has my money... and probably has spent it.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 8, 2019, 3:39:17 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I would wait until at least 3 months after launch to even think about it. They screwed up StarCraft and Diablo. Not falling for it again.

...and WoW. And Overwatch. And HotS. Even Destiny 2 couldn't stand to be around.
Math of Exile moar liek it amirite
I refuse to play any Blizzard game; I gave up on them when they dropped Lich King and made the game so easy a retarded monkey could "beat" it.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
I have absolutely no confidence that diablo 4 would even be a good game, blizzard have gone a long way lol

Also why are you play this if you hold it in such contempt -_- i swear most of the whiners suffer from this problem where they whine about gambling while in the queue at the bookies with 92 tickets in hand.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Apr 8, 2019, 3:47:35 PM
Killing a game entirely is hard... World of Warcraft was supposed to kill Everquest, yet they are celebrating a 20th anniversary. Games typically only kill themselves, at least that last death blow part.

Side note: I got to mention EQ in two posts today, that is my anniversary gift to them.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Really depends of who is making d4.
If its Jay Wilson, it cant kill even an ant.
If its really being developed with Brevik and other Blizz North folks, maybe it can happen.
Eöl[MPK]
MPK always ruling all
I certainly would have left to play it for a while. I would also leave to play a remastered D2 for a while as well. Whether I would stay away forever is still outstanding.

Would probably leave the WORLD for an extended period for D2 remastered.

BLIZZARD WHY YOU NO RELEASE D2 REMASTERED???!???!?!??!?!?????!!!!!ONE
Posts like the OP are mostly misguided due to the inherent bias on the forums on which the thread is created to begin with.

You can't argue with facts. D3 sold tens of millions of copies. Even so Path of Exile flourished as well, culminating in their greatest numbers in the last expansion (betrayal)

I would imagine the 4.0 expansion release will be a massive success for Path of Exile, and in a moment of interesting coincidence Diablo's own "4" will likely be record setting as well.

Fortunately there is room for both games, and in this genre they see a bunch of crossover play. There is nothing wrong with playing both, enjoying both, and celebrating competition that surely makes each developer better.

Long story short, neither franchise is dying with either PoE 4.0 or Diablo 4. In fact most of us will be shelling supporter money for PoE, and then dropping 60 bucks on Diablo 4. Frankly both are great values entertainment wise, and I won't feel bad supporting both franchises.

Edit: I like Grim Dawn also, and looking forward to newest version of Torchlight. On a more somber note, Im actually I'm pessimistic that Wolcen will actually see a competitive/finished light of day release.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 8, 2019, 4:48:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info