diablo players ---> D4
poe players ---> D4
new players ---> D4

1 month later:
diablo players ---> D4
poe players ---> poe
some new players ---> poe
some diablo players -> poe

The magic phrase will be: "psst.. youre done with d4 after a week? ever heard of some free to play game named poe?"
It will be a win for poe in the longrun. mark my words

Bingo. Boy does this thread title look laughable now.

D4 will really screw with PoE with one league. Even I'll play it for a bit. That's it.
"
Lyxara wrote:
Just look at this video: https://youtu.be/bZc-ZrW14pA

Just look at this "lead dev" having no clue what diablo is about or what it should be to attract people.

I watched Blizzcon, saw the cinematic and was hyped - I was even more hyped after the gameplay trailer because it looked really good.

I almost threw up when they talked about an updated greater rift system. They haven't learned anything at all with Diablo 3
"
kosace wrote:

Poe has its flaws, no doubt. It has room for improvement.

But still, i highly doubt it will take poe players more than 1 month to finish d4 (including me).

last time i logged into a poe league i was done with it in about 4 days. I havent stuck around for more than a couple of weeks in years. I didnt even bother playing the last 2 leagues.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Nov 29, 2019, 8:51:47 PM
"
pphnx wrote:

Yes most of the companies take actions about third party site. But it does not change the reality. Blizzard took action too. Since there is a market for this I will control this market Bizzard said. There's nothing wrong here but execution is wrong.

There was a wall when you start farming in inferno. You needed a gear dropped mostly from inferno (level 63 items) to farm in inferno. And legendaries were shit.

Big majority of the playerbase hit that wall and couldnt pass it. But you could still find a level 63 gear in NM difficulty with a small chance. and with 15-20m gold of budget (which is not hard to make easier then making 20 exalts in poe) you can get a gear for farming inferno.
I mean there were ways to pass this wall without spending real money.

What did Blizzard community do? They cried about the drop rates and difficulty.

Blizzard has smoothened this wall. They made monster power (MP 1-10), made legendaries more powerful and increased their drop rates. Not RoS powerful, rares can still be stronger but at that time legendary/rare balance was like in PoE.

After that Blizzard removed RMAH. AH was still alive. At that time the game was its best state. There were good legendaries to make a build around. Rare items were still stronger. There were very nice builds like Cirt Mass wizard, archon wizard, ww barb, summoner wd, support monk etc... You could farm inferno (moster power 1-3) with a budget gear to farm better items/currency to get better items. Way of higher mp levels completely open. Ubers were like end game. Their rewards were nice.

Then Blizzard released loot 2.0. it was a huge disaster. It completely destroys item variety grounded the rare items. and removed the ah released ros.

Blizzard opened the drop taps until the valve is completely broken. Legendaries are raining from the sky. They released seasons.

What did Blizzard community do? They cried about game is so easy.

Blizzard has failed Diablo 3 not because Diablo 3 was a bad game in the first place. They failed because they listened their shitty community so much gave all they wanted.

I cant sustain even white maps.
I'm level 92 and could not find an exalt.
Nerf HH, increase its drop rate.
I have 5k life res capped still got one shotted.
Remove death penalty.
Remove bla bla map mode its so annoying...

Imagine that %90 of PoE community is this and GGG is giving all that they want.

ya this is a sad but true run down of events as i remember them.

a lot of the problem that blizz team had was that they were not arpg people I think and they didnt really know who to listen to. Its a bit like the difference between a musical artist and a session musician. the artist writes a song and says this is how it should be. the session musician doesnt have that conviction, theyre not trying to please themselves, theyre trying to please someone else, they say 'is this how it should be? no? well how about this? or maybe this? no? ok how about that?...'

it felt like they were trying to learn what an arpg was on the job by sifting through a tidal wave of conflicting community feedback. they would make a change, and then make another change that counteracted it. reduce item diversity, then reduce roll ranges, then add ancient items to increase item diversity and roll ranges, and then increase their drop rates to normalise them which counteracts the reason they added them, then add primal ancients which goes back on the increase in ancient drops to add rarity back... its like constant contradicting changes as theyre trying to appease different sets of people with contradicting opinions on how an arpg should be.
I really liked Johnatan or someone from GGG during interview or exilecon..

"We designing so the bosses are single player experience, where you have to fight it on your own because that makes boss have cool mechanics instead of being HP sponges" <- not exact quote but the idea was the same.

While blizzard is about "TeAmWorK"... group boss kills.. will be HP sponges where players will stand and shoot, while one guy tanking..

diablo4 videos group killing boss was clear indication that blizz wants to go this way.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
i dont think they do, the world boss things just seem like fluff to give a sense of life to the world. their entire endgame atm seems to focus around instanced key dungeons that are single player/up to 4 man party content and they clearly said u can do it all solo if you want.
Lmao Jeez...
Activision cannot make a game that defeats the spiritual successor to the masterpiece that was Diablo 2. I can more than promise you this.
Lol, absolutely not.

POE's high learning curve and high time investments, despite being unattractive to some new players, has created a core of extremely dedicated players. Diablo will never match POE's complexity or frequency of significant updates and expansions and because of this will NEVER be able to obtain the longevity of POE.

If Diablo 4 came out today, a larger amount of POE players would play it...Until about December 13th.
"
CheshuR wrote:
Lol, absolutely not.

POE's high learning curve and high time investments, despite being unattractive to some new players, has created a core of extremely dedicated players. Diablo will never match POE's complexity or frequency of significant updates and expansions and because of this will NEVER be able to obtain the longevity of POE.

If Diablo 4 came out today, a larger amount of POE players would play it...Until about December 13th.

I am a huge fan of POE but i sure as hell would be conflicted if POE2 and Diablo 4 were released on the same day. I'd honestly play D4 just to get it out of the way so I can focus on POE later and across many seasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info