Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
pphnx wrote:
"
Necrotekk wrote:
-Thinks back to Dialo 3-

HEY GUYS! Remember when Blizzard implemented a P2W system that allowed you to buy items with real moeny, then rigged the drop system so you didn't get shit you could even use for your class, forcing you to use the Real money AH to progress, but nightmare difficulty on launch was so badly tuned you either spent actual money to keep playing the game you paid for, or grinded an insurmountable amount of time to get the gear you needed? Remember that? You think Diablos 4s gonna be good, you're a fucking joke.

You can buy exalts, HH or smt like that from the sites like selling game keys, items with real money.

You can boost your league in lol, dota with real money.

When you pay other third party systems or people it's not P2W but when you pay directly to Blizzard makes is p2w?

This is bs.

All games have issues with third party sites that offer this. Still the majority avoid shady sites like that and GGG can even ban players who use em.

Thats a Huuuuuge difference then having a full price game with p2w features which is even encouraged.
Vanilla even had shitty drop rates and some items you wanted wasn't even possible to find in the Inferno act you where at the moment.
I never bought any items for real money, but I still found that most of the game was centered around the AH.
Last edited by WickedSausage on Nov 27, 2019, 4:08:01 PM
D4 will be fun for a month.

- Then you will have completed everything, and have every item.
- 3 years later you might get an expansion for some new content. (with a $60 price tag of course)

Hell, they didn't even change the season rewards for 5 consecutive seasons last I checked.

GGG just needs to stop treating league as a beta sever for the first month and actually test things.
As long as PoE continues to use out-dated mechanics such as exp loss on death and design the game around min/max builds so that the majority of the passive tree/gems builds are irrelevant, then Diablo whatever will always blow PoE away. PoE is a niche game and will remain that way with its current way of thinking.

Add two more modes of exp loss on death and no exp loss on death and see which on gets played more. You never take away something a player has already earned and waste their time. That is the game developer indirectly telling the player that their time is not important to them, devaluing the player.
Last edited by Raxsyn on Nov 27, 2019, 7:00:19 PM
"
Raxsyn wrote:
As long as PoE continues to use out-dated mechanics such as exp loss on death and design the game around min/max builds so that the majority of the passive tree/gems builds are irrelevant, then Diablo whatever will always blow PoE away. PoE is a niche game and will remain that way with its current way of thinking.

Add two more modes of exp loss on death and no exp loss on death and see which on gets played more. You never take away something a player has already earned and waste their time. That is the game developer indirectly telling the player that their time is not important to them, devaluing the player.

I laughed.

The grind from 90 to 100 separates the children from the men. It is unobtainable for all except the patient and the wise. This grind is an acrobatic feat that puts a characters' nimbleness to the test. Those who are unable are like children who plop their pudgy hands upon a piano, mimicking the atonalism of modern piano, while the level 99 Beethovens complete their level 100 sonatas.
"
Raxsyn wrote:

Out-dated? So because it actually having a penalty on death is outdated?
Many games has some kind of penalty, personally I don't think it ever should be removed.
The reason is quite obvious...

If you have no death penalty softcore will be even more power creep and all about stacking DPS in the passive tree/gear. Why go for defensive stuff and sacrifice clear speed when there is never a real penalty on death?
The challange to reach level 100 becomes a joke.
Now you atleast have to make sure your char isn't too squishy. Now a tanky character with slower clear speed can still be good because maybe he dies less often.

Also the fact the Tree has alot of options is what adds longivity to the game. Sometimes some rare nodes/skills see use and I personally like weird builds.
If you look at Mathil he manages to make pretty much any skill usable.
You want to streamline shit and turn it into D3 where you ain't got much options? Is that good game design?

Path of exile should be Path of exile. If people want a more casual game they can always play D3 and in the future D4.
Last edited by WickedSausage on Nov 28, 2019, 12:58:52 AM
"
pphnx wrote:

You can buy exalts, HH or smt like that from the sites like selling game keys, items with real money.

When you pay other third party systems or people it's not P2W but when you pay directly to Blizzard makes is p2w?

This is bs.

You can also easily lose them.
If someone would report RMT ingame-currency seller, GGG wouldn't just ban that seller, they would also subtract any recent currency sold to other players... because you not suppose to have those like that.
That's the difference in between real p2w games, where company literally sells you means to "win" the game, and companies that actively fight any RMT activities.
Personally for me, d3 lacked replay-ability. I played for the story and then moved on to something else. Poe has a very diverse ways of playing classes and very interesting events.

I think the same is going to happen when d4 comes out. People will obviously flock over to play it. Over time though, people will go back to their usual titles unless Blizzard comes up with something new to keep d4 fresh.

I don't think one is a killer of the other because both titles are very good at what they are doing. I'm excited for both d4 and poe2 :)
o--|==========>
this game is trash compared to D4 for sure

*gimmies the salt*
"
WickedSausage wrote:
"
pphnx wrote:
"
Necrotekk wrote:
-Thinks back to Dialo 3-

HEY GUYS! Remember when Blizzard implemented a P2W system that allowed you to buy items with real moeny, then rigged the drop system so you didn't get shit you could even use for your class, forcing you to use the Real money AH to progress, but nightmare difficulty on launch was so badly tuned you either spent actual money to keep playing the game you paid for, or grinded an insurmountable amount of time to get the gear you needed? Remember that? You think Diablos 4s gonna be good, you're a fucking joke.

This is bs.

All games have issues with third party sites that offer this. Still the majority avoid shady sites like that and GGG can even ban players who use em.

Thats a Huuuuuge difference then having a full price game with p2w features which is even encouraged.
Vanilla even had shitty drop rates and some items you wanted wasn't even possible to find in the Inferno act you where at the moment.
I never bought any items for real money, but I still found that most of the game was centered around the AH.

Yes most of the companies take actions about third party site. But it does not change the reality. Blizzard took action too. Since there is a market for this I will control this market Bizzard said. There's nothing wrong here but execution is wrong.

There was a wall when you start farming in inferno. You needed a gear dropped mostly from inferno (level 63 items) to farm in inferno. And legendaries were shit.

Big majority of the playerbase hit that wall and couldnt pass it. But you could still find a level 63 gear in NM difficulty with a small chance. and with 15-20m gold of budget (which is not hard to make easier then making 20 exalts in poe) you can get a gear for farming inferno.
I mean there were ways to pass this wall without spending real money.

What did Blizzard community do? They cried about the drop rates and difficulty.

Blizzard has smoothened this wall. They made monster power (MP 1-10), made legendaries more powerful and increased their drop rates. Not RoS powerful, rares can still be stronger but at that time legendary/rare balance was like in PoE.

After that Blizzard removed RMAH. AH was still alive. At that time the game was its best state. There were good legendaries to make a build around. Rare items were still stronger. There were very nice builds like Cirt Mass wizard, archon wizard, ww barb, summoner wd, support monk etc... You could farm inferno (moster power 1-3) with a budget gear to farm better items/currency to get better items. Way of higher mp levels completely open. Ubers were like end game. Their rewards were nice.

Then Blizzard released loot 2.0. it was a huge disaster. It completely destroys item variety grounded the rare items. and removed the ah released ros.

Blizzard opened the drop taps until the valve is completely broken. Legendaries are raining from the sky. They released seasons.

What did Blizzard community do? They cried about game is so easy.

Blizzard has failed Diablo 3 not because Diablo 3 was a bad game in the first place. They failed because they listened their shitty community so much gave all they wanted.

I cant sustain even white maps.
I'm level 92 and could not find an exalt.
Nerf HH, increase its drop rate.
I have 5k life res capped still got one shotted.
Remove death penalty.
Remove bla bla map mode its so annoying...

Imagine that %90 of PoE community is this and GGG is giving all that they want.
D4 will be fun for 1-2 weeks.
PoE 2 will be fun for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info