Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

You eventually get tired of D4 as a lot did with the previous games. And who knows if it will be a success or flop like D3. Some might fleet, but others still stay for sure, so there won't be any issues I think.
"
Raxsyn wrote:
As long as PoE continues to use out-dated mechanics such as exp loss on death and design the game around min/max builds so that the majority of the passive tree/gems builds are irrelevant, then Diablo whatever will always blow PoE away. PoE is a niche game and will remain that way with its current way of thinking.

Add two more modes of exp loss on death and no exp loss on death and see which on gets played more. You never take away something a player has already earned and waste their time. That is the game developer indirectly telling the player that their time is not important to them, devaluing the player.

A LOT of players are here BECAUSE PoE isn't casualized down to simplicity like 90% of games on the market. I you fail to see that, I really don't know what to tell you. And just because you - personally - do not like something, doesn't mean it's "outdated".

And for some builds to be "good", they need to be "better" than other builds. It created depths, areas of learning and a lot to experience. A choice does not matter at all, if all outcomes are equal. What you are practically saying with that post, is that you want PoE to be WAY more casual. Please don't. Please. Don't make me beg.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I took a deep look at my future showing glas bottle and I saw both games. While PoE still is played by all the real players, the new D4 is just played for one or two month. Then it starts to have the exact same problems with endgame as D3 does. Grinding paragons and only using legendaries or primals, because rares have no effect. While PoE still could be played with maybe a unique weapon and one more build enabling unique, the rest is rare, D4 is on the same rail as d3 and power creeps.
Again there will be no end like level100 and so we get the exact same shiiet again. Because fast arcade kiddies friendly games are made by B. to harvest money while GGG will still be hearing their community.

I will play D4 for sure, but never ever will stop to play PoE. It is and will be the better game. And I played a lot D3, believe me.
Just look at this video: https://youtu.be/bZc-ZrW14pA

Just look at this "lead dev" having no clue what diablo is about or what it should be to attract people.

I watched Blizzcon, saw the cinematic and was hyped - I was even more hyped after the gameplay trailer because it looked really good.

But then watching the panels for it, and the interview from Quin, which is linked above, I saw that they not only have only the demo which was playable, nor they have any idea what they are doing. open world bosses in an arpg? shared open world? why does it have to be an mmoarpg, and then they are not moving away from their itemization, the seasons they will implement won't have new content they just switch up legendarys because it's easy to do, they will roll out new content via an expansion what you have to buy again, and then another DLC and another one...the only thing what they are doing with D4 is trying to milk it as much as possible before the franchise dies.
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
ShowUs wrote:
D4 will be fun for 1-2 weeks.
PoE 2 will be fun for years.

And this is because Chris Wilson wants Diablo 4 to have succesful opening.
If Diablo 4's first impressions are good it will be free advertisement for hack/slash genre and more people will come and try PoE 2 at the end of the day.

Because Chris is now 100% sure that PoE 2 will be more succesful in the long term.

Btw the lead dev guy on the video can not even be an intern in GGG.
Last edited by pphnx on Nov 28, 2019, 9:33:40 AM
This is how it goes:

D4 comes out:
diablo players ---> D4
poe players ---> D4
new players ---> D4

1 month later:
diablo players ---> D4
poe players ---> poe
some new players ---> poe
some diablo players -> poe

The magic phrase will be: "psst.. youre done with d4 after a week? ever heard of some free to play game named poe?"
It will be a win for poe in the longrun. mark my words
"
kosace wrote:
This is how it goes:
D4 comes out:
diablo players ---> D4
poe players ---> D4
new players ---> D4

and GGG will feel the mtx sales drop substantially

it will be temporary, but it's going to suck for them for sure

"
kosace wrote:
This is how it goes:
1 month later:
diablo players ---> D4
poe players ---> poe
some new players ---> poe
some diablo players -> poe

1 month? Yeah I'm not sure because even with a shitty game that was D3, it took roughly 3 - 6 months for people to phone it in that were giving the game a chance; even with the AH.

"
kosace wrote:

It will be a win for poe in the longrun. mark my words

PoE's problem is it's extremely linear. The parts that are not linear are extremely gated. D4 - if they don't fuck it up somehow - will offer true exploration of sorts over PoE's constant rinse and repeat approach. Players will gravitate towards what they feel is more fun.

Personally I'm getting tired of PoE's approach and PoE 2 didn't truly change that except offer a new - linear - campaign. Aspects of PoE 2 will continue to win me over but D4's world will probably give me that sense of adventure I don't have in PoE. There is literally no sense of adventure in PoE. It's just open map, clear in 3 min, and... yeah do the same shit till you find a mirror which you can then post on reddit (that's all that's left for me to do really).

It will be depth of features vs. depth of world. I will probably play and enjoy both games in their own way.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Spoiler

"

1 month? Yeah I'm not sure because even with a shitty game that was D3, it took roughly 3 - 6 months for people to phone it in that were giving the game a chance; even with the AH.

PoE's problem is it's extremely linear. The parts that are not linear are extremely gated. D4 - if they don't fuck it up somehow - will offer true exploration of sorts over PoE's constant rinse and repeat approach. Players will gravitate towards what they feel is more fun.

Personally I'm getting tired of PoE's approach and PoE 2 didn't truly change that except offer a new - linear - campaign. Aspects of PoE 2 will continue to win me over but D4's world will probably give me that sense of adventure I don't have in PoE. There is literally no sense of adventure in PoE. It's just open map, clear in 3 min, and... yeah do the same shit till you find a mirror which you can then post on reddit (that's all that's left for me to do really).

It will be depth of features vs. depth of world. I will probably play and enjoy both games in their own way.

Poe has its flaws, no doubt. It has room for improvement.

But still, i highly doubt it will take poe players more than 1 month to finish d4 (including me). There will not be enough depth to it (which is sad). Maybe it will take 3 to 6 months for casual players. But some of them will look after another arpg then, thats where poe wins.

I mean, i still wish d4 becomes a great game, where you can come back every few months, but dont get your hopes up. They even said it will get more simplified systems and content will get shipped through dlcs (which will take a long time i assume). Also they wont support it too long. Maybe 2-3 years like d3.
In a perfect world, D4 will be different enough from PoE yet true enough to its HnS roots that players can enjoy both games. Really, it's a win-win.
"
Lyxara wrote:
Just look at this video: https://youtu.be/bZc-ZrW14pA

Just look at this "lead dev" having no clue what diablo is about or what it should be to attract people.

I watched Blizzcon, saw the cinematic and was hyped - I was even more hyped after the gameplay trailer because it looked really good.

But then watching the panels for it, and the interview from Quin, which is linked above, I saw that they not only have only the demo which was playable, nor they have any idea what they are doing. open world bosses in an arpg? shared open world? why does it have to be an mmoarpg, and then they are not moving away from their itemization, the seasons they will implement won't have new content they just switch up legendarys because it's easy to do, they will roll out new content via an expansion what you have to buy again, and then another DLC and another one...the only thing what they are doing with D4 is trying to milk it as much as possible before the franchise dies.

This. One hundred percent.

Same, boring itemization Diablo 3 got so much hate for. Change it? No. Make it even simpler? Sure. MMO elements? God... The sad thing is; people are HYPED over the MMO elements. People are hyped about world bosses. People don't care about boring itemization, because "Diablo is back to its gritty roots".

Strange times we live in. People suck. I'll go back to my cave now.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info