Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

Nah even though there's plenty of issues with the current league being crappy and intervention freezes etc... let's get REAL here --> D4 would just be another hollow husk of a game with like 5% the depth of PoE.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
Paldamus wrote:
Nah even though there's plenty of issues with the current league being crappy and intervention freezes etc... let's get REAL here --> D4 would just be another hollow husk of a game with like 5% the depth of PoE.

Actually if Brevik and company made it, it would be more than fine. Brekik also worked on another video game such as Marvel heroes which was great but unfortunately their management had a series of bad decisions.

As for D4, I would not put it past Blizzard to create it. People may have raged about Immortal, but they forget that they contracted a Chinese company to create it, it is not the main studio making Diablo immortal (obvious enough, it is a mobile game).

I can still see them working on a D4 but not releasing any news until they have some good stuff because they know that this type of market has very little games that can compete in that genre.

I would personally be more than fine with a game that you can buy and if they have a store like POE with effects as long as they dedicate more than half of their stuff on new content and not just MTX like POE
Last edited by andreicde on Apr 8, 2019, 5:48:53 PM
"
Paldamus wrote:
let's get REAL here --> D4 would just be another hollow husk of a game with like 5% the depth of PoE.

Yes, let's get real; a lot of players, even long-time veterans, are screaming "too much to do, I just want to brainlessly map with my OP GC miner". A lot of players don't want depth, even in PoE. A lot of people want a hamster wheel they can farm as fast as possible, without a care or danger in the world while picking the same OP cookie cutter build as last league.

Believe me, a lot of players would leave PoE for D4. But it wouldn't be the death of PoE by any means.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 8, 2019, 5:42:10 PM
Yeah they'd try D4 and get bored with it within a month because blizzard sucks and would release a half ass game with no content or roadmap
Can't wait for all of you NASCAR dad weekend warrior ARPG "players" to hightail it out of here once Dialbo Mobile comes out.

Amirite?

Coz that's all you're going to get from Blizzard for a long, long time. Get your comfy clothes on, boys, because POE is it.
Math of Exile moar liek it amirite
The transcendent POE doomsday thread. Resurrected so many times over the years. It almost needs its own subforum.

Has no one learned? This is Wraeclast. Nothing stays dead here.
"
Nubatron wrote:

Has no one learned? This is Wraeclast. Nothing stays dead here.

This is the Internet. No one learns anything because they already know everything.
"
tolunart wrote:

This is the Internet. No one learns anything because they already know everything.

Duuude. That's gold.
There will be no "PoE killer", as much as most of you salty ppl would love that it won't happen.
And if it will, by some miracle, it certainly won't be a game made by Blizz LULW They make garbage games for garbage players, it's sad what they've become.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
let's get REAL here --> D4 would just be another hollow husk of a game with like 5% the depth of PoE.

Yes, let's get real; a lot of players, even long-time veterans, are screaming "too much to do, I just want to brainlessly map with my OP GC miner". A lot of players don't want depth, even in PoE. A lot of people want a hamster wheel they can farm as fast as possible, without a care or danger in the world while picking the same OP cookie cutter build as last league.

Believe me, a lot of players would leave PoE for D4. But it wouldn't be the death of PoE by any means.

The short attention span people who can't handle depth would maybe leave, then get bored because blizz would release nowhere near the amount of content that GGG does and then they'd come back. I don't play poe for some "hamsterwheel". Farm for what? You can make a build for 5 ex that will clear all content.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info