Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
let's get REAL here --> D4 would just be another hollow husk of a game with like 5% the depth of PoE.

Yes, let's get real; a lot of players, even long-time veterans, are screaming "too much to do, I just want to brainlessly map with my OP GC miner". A lot of players don't want depth, even in PoE. A lot of people want a hamster wheel they can farm as fast as possible, without a care or danger in the world while picking the same OP cookie cutter build as last league.

Believe me, a lot of players would leave PoE for D4. But it wouldn't be the death of PoE by any means.

The short attention span people who can't handle depth would maybe leave, then get bored because blizz would release nowhere near the amount of content that GGG does and then they'd come back. I don't play poe for some "hamsterwheel". Farm for what? You can make a build for 5 ex that will clear all content.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
fir D4 to be any threat to PoE they have to ditch every single member of the current D3 team else it will just be the same horseshit as D3 is now and since i don't see blizz will all the costcutting to out together an entire new team with like 50+ people im rly confident in saying D4 will sucka ass too since that team will fail to hit the mark what an arpg should be

Blizzard would have to change it's business model drastically.

With it's current model, Diablo 4 would kill poE for a league, maybe 2, as a lot of poE players are kinda burnt out on PoE. But PoE keeps rushing out new content every 13 weeks, while Blizzard is notoriously slow with new content.

With lack of quick content, compared to poE's 13 month cycle, people will burn out on Diablo much faster.
Diablo 3 did for me to that franchise what The Last Jedi (fight me!) did to the Star Wars franchise: It broke the chain of continuity of enjoyment. Diablo 4 might even be a great game, but D3's failing left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I entertain no interest in playing further iterations of the game. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Like most of you, PoE won't be killed in a dramatic fashion. It's just going to die. And if you think about how many games don't even make it into alpha, how many crash and burn in their first few years...and how few go from garage to GDC, is it even that depressing a thought that PoE's death is inevitable? By all measures, PoE is a success story. It has had a good life.

Its death won't diminish that. Not now.

Yup pretty much. I've got 2000 hour logged and I'm "casual" by PoE standards. I'm tired enough of the same hardcore grind for the first 2-4 weeks of each league, I'm pretty much just going to play league content when it goes standard now.

The Grindwalls GGG put in for the League new content just get higher and higher each league. Once upon a time the only thing i had to worry about was getting a shavs' 6 linked and a couple gems to 21/20.

Now I'm spending a month just to accumulate the fossils/currency to craft the same single piece of gear each league and it isnt fun anymore. Each new league adds another level of grind on top of all the previous ones for endgame gear.

Hahah is this thread like "apex legends will kill fortninte " or " this moba will kille league of legends and dota" . Give us a favor and stop it with this garbage thread...
Unless GGG makes the game p2w like many others 300% inc exp\drops if you pay 20 euro!!! Or they stop releasing content this game will never die.
Last edited by RedStark on Apr 9, 2019, 2:14:21 AM
Better be good. Diablo 3 kinda fucked up the "buy on name" brand since so many were duped and hated it. Add to that Blizz scheduled a phone game for diablo next - i bet you'll see many people looking for a demo before laying out 60 bucks.
Git R Dun!
Some people in this thread seem to believe that D4 is going to be good.

Blizz can be glad for the existence of such naive people in the world, or they would have closed business many years ago already.
Please. No more labyrinth.
"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

For sure GGG got a nice spike in players when Blizzard shot themselves in both feet by announcing that they weren't working on D4 but a smart phone version of Diablo. That pissed off millions of their D3 pc fans and they abandoned the Blizzard ship and came here. Since PoE is now Speed Racer PoE the spike in player totals will probably be very short lived as D3 was never billed as a speed racer rpg.

The 13 week cycle is too short to get any quality new content (spending half the league to fix problems just puts GGG further behind the 8 ball for next league). GGG will have to grow to the point were they can have 2 teams to design/code/test/debug/refine the challenge leagues. So team 1 will do PoE 3.7, team 2 will work on 3.8, then team 1 will work on 3.9, and so on. By having 2 full teams they will get 6 months of time to produce a challenge league and hopefully we can get much better quality of code and content. GGG isn't large enough to have 2 full teams yet.

But from what I got out of Chris' GDC presentation:

Designing Path of Exile to be Played Forever

TencentGGG is taking PoE in whatever direction that gets them the most quantity of players. Whatever that is in terms of game play style isn't important, just whatever will garner them the largest numbers of players. That (unfortunately for me and many beta PoE veterans) is Speed Racer PoE where the race to 100 is all that matters. So half-assed content every 13 weeks looks to be what PoE is all about now. The speed racer junkies are done playing the new leagues in about a month and have to wait 2 more months for their next PoE racing fix. Meanwhile the original supporters of PoE are being tossed out like we are so much garbage to be gotten rid of. Chris really hit home with the fact that they are now TencentGGG and are long removed from their founding principals. Just follow the money trail to make Tencent happy (that certainly is how I see GGG today).  :(

So as soon as another real arpg comes along that get's the magical role playing balance right like D2 did and not devolve into just another speed racer/shooter (what GGG had and lost) then many of us will be moving on. Inevitable (nothing lasts forever) but sad.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 9, 2019, 7:34:46 AM
Diablo 4 kill PoE? Naahh, doubt it.
I for instance wouldn´t even bother the slightest to play Diablo 4.
And honestly, why would and should I?

I already play Path of Exile. I still do play Titan Quest.
I play this one called Grim Dawn and then I play that 40k Warhammer thing, and I even plan on starting playing the one new planned release this June? was it? Warhammer Chaosbane I believe it was called.

No, seriously. For me, just keep Diablo 4. I don´t need it. I have enough already as it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info