Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA!

All you big britches gangstas up in here talking about how you will never play another Blizzard game again because Do You Has Phones and all the rest.

I call bullshit in the first degree.

If they released a quality classic loot-based ARPG with D2-quality gear, modern graphics, expandable inventory and a bunch of other QoL features, with a great and dark demon-based story line with Blizzard cut scenes, you would all secretly throw your sorry wallets at them.

I know this. Because I feel the same as all of you now. But I know I would do the above in seconds.

I live waiting for the next great ARPG. You do to. Embrace it.

This is... pathetic?

I would play an HD d2 remake in a heartbeat. Never denied that for a second. It's not that I'm fundamentally against giving Blizzard more money.

But... they are simply not physically capable of making an interesting ARPG anymore. Diablo 3 was dead for me from day 1 (I gave it a good 200 hours on vanilla and another 100 on Reaper of Souls, but it never sparked the magic for me).

If they make D4, and it comes out, and PoE streamers not named Quin actually think it's fucking awesome? Hell yeah I'd be happy to give it a shot.

But... they're not going to. They can't. I literally don't believe in them anymore.

(still optimistic about D2HD though)
I have absolutely no faith in Diablo IV. It's gonna be yet another money grab shit game with a bunch of beautiful graphics and garbage faceroll easy peasy gameplay. The way Blizzard have carried themselves over for past 7 years is enough for me to make this statement. Blizzard is done, it has 0 credibility, it can't outperform PoE since it's focusing on completely other sort of players:12-16 year olds who use mom's credit cards that want instant gratification with 0 effort put into figuring out game's mechanics.
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Apr 9, 2019, 9:10:31 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
I have absolutely no faith in Diablo IV. It's gonna be yet another money grab shit game with a bunch of beautiful graphics and garbage faceroll easy peasy gameplay. The way Blizzard have carried themselves over for past 7 years is enough for me to make this statement. Blizzard is done, it has 0 credibility, it can't outperform PoE since it's focusing on completely other sort of players:12-16 year olds who use mom's credit cards that want instant gratification with 0 effort put into figuring out game's mechanics.

To be fair, they did kill the p2w aspect of D3 fairly quickly.

Well, either way they will be using that credit card to buy MTX, loot boxes and the game itself.
Diablo 4 would only stand a chance of killing PoE if we were talking some legitimate specter of Blizzard North/Entertainment. The shell of it that exists today lost its spirit a long time ago and will never be capable of making a true Diablo game since Diablo 2, and certainly could never do much to PoE.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
We know what direction PoE is heading into. We don't know what direction D4 is heading into. So I'm looking forward to D4. And I don't think D4 will make the same mistake as D3 by making the graphics "WoW cartoony" again. Just going back to a gritty, dark atmosphere would be a huge improvement.
Last edited by coatofarms on Apr 10, 2019, 1:07:03 AM
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Apr 10, 2019, 1:36:50 AM
Diablo 4 will be even worse than DIablo 3 and it will be dead before ending closed beta.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA!

All you big britches gangstas up in here talking about how you will never play another Blizzard game again because Do You Has Phones and all the rest.

I call bullshit in the first degree.

If they released a quality classic loot-based ARPG with D2-quality gear, modern graphics, expandable inventory and a bunch of other QoL features, with a great and dark demon-based story line with Blizzard cut scenes, you would all secretly throw your sorry wallets at them.

I know this. Because I feel the same as all of you now. But I know I would do the above in seconds.

I live waiting for the next great ARPG. You do to. Embrace it.

You know that's quite frightening how people nowadays have such a strong emotional attachment to companies. One of the spooky stages of late stage capitalism.

I personally think that GGG is ran by 4 blind rats but I don't care about that, I only care what I am going to get from the game. I just don't play the game right now because I don't like it.

I know for a fact that the day Diablo 4 comes out, PoE population for at least some time will be halved, no doubt whatsoever.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

You know that's quite frightening how people nowadays have such a strong emotional attachment to companies. One of the spooky stages of late stage capitalism.

I personally think that GGG is ran by 4 blind rats but I don't care about that, I only care what I am going to get from the game. I just don't play the game right now because I don't like it.

I know for a fact that the day Diablo 4 comes out, PoE population for at least some time will be halved, no doubt whatsoever.

Actually its close to 200 blind rats.

Yes, PoE population will be halved.. for like a 2 weeks untill people will realize Diablo 4 is as much of a dogshit as DIablo 3 is
(if they will even make Diablo 4 on PC lol)
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 10, 2019, 4:24:44 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Actually its close to 200 blind rats.

Yes, PoE population will be halved.. for like a 2 weeks untill people will realize Diablo 4 is as much of a dogshit as DIablo 3 is
(if they will even make Diablo 4 on PC lol)

We cannot predict future how good Diablo 4 will be but we do know that ARPGs are scarce, most people have enjoyed some Diablo iteration here and have at least some fond memories with Blizzard.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info