Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
cjmilla wrote:
One thing I worry about is if Diablo 4 has good looking cosmetic models that are on the loot that drops in the game its over for POE to be honest that is unless they up there game on what loot looks like in game.

If you tell someone there are two games one game you pay for once full retail and you get great looking items in the game and one that is free to play but all items in the game look like dog unless you spend I and many others are going to pick the pay once to play every time instead of getting nickle and dimed paying 25 bucks a pop for a hat or a sword cosmetic.

I feel like the way the loot looks that can be achieved in game is something that could be kryptonite for POE.

First of PoE is a free to play game. They have to get money somehow. Also Diablo 4 will get cosmetic MTXs. It's probably a major reason why the world are shared with other players.
Blizzard aren't exactly known for cheap microtransactions either. WoW has 25€ mounts in a game people both pay for the expansion and a monthly fee.

As much as you might hate the MTXs they are what have made PoE be able to update itself in content more then any ARPG. Diablo 3 didn't even get 10% the amount of content because they didnt get a steady stream of money.

Also the new items on the characters in PoE 2 looked cool even on act 1. Its not super high fantasy, but a nice step up from PoE 1.
"
"
iuiulitza wrote:
They are so obsessed with identity politics , political correctness and all that stuff , that every game they release it's just a platform used to spread their ideology .

Have you got any examples of that in D3?

diablo 3 was relesed in 2012 before that was really a concern. but we could say making Tyrael black, who everybody thought was white, was one of them, not that it matters at all.
Because D3 was so good? Get a clue man Blizzard is not the same company that made Warcraft 1-3 and Diablo 1&2. It's owned by blood sucking Activision and will be very basic to appeal to most people possible and try and milk you dry one micro transaction and DLC at a time. I bet it will suck in fact

That said we are going off the rails here too now that tencent owns it (I'm speaking to the very un-ethical gambling boxes and tedious Skinner box grinds like unveiling to extend online hrs). So both could suck in theory but I bet D4 sucks more..
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 21, 2019, 9:59:29 PM
I am yet to see even a single content that would make D4 better than PoE 4.0.
Even the graphics. Something that such huge company as Blizzard normally would be able achieve. Yet we could see low polygon models even in trailers. Which would make it so much more noticeable in actual game.
What blizzard can do better still is making a more polished, balanced social experience that just flows smoothly and is chillout to grind. Polished to remove all the frustrations. Also more simplistic to get into gameplay more than path of theorycrafting.

Now don't get me wrong, i love theorycrafting - but i also happen to think the best games of all times were all rather simple and straightforward and not overly complicated and full of feature creep so much.

What blizzard lacks is depth of characterization and player choice. I do think it will be much better in D4 compared to D3 but it's still blizzard so they keep it a bit too simple nowadays.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I think its good for Diablo 4 and POE 2 top be nemesis'es of each other. Competition is always good for the people.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
I think its good for Diablo 4 and POE 2 top be nemesis'es of each other. Competition is always good for the people.

I don't think they would ever be nemesis of each other.
Diablo plain and simple have it's popularity, where nearly every gamer simply knows about it. Where PoE still unknown to some. Hence "casual" approach for that (Diablo) game, to appeal to masses.
Where PoE really aim appeal to oldest and most dedicated fans (IMO bit too much), which unfortunately lead to discouraging new player on fully get into the game.

Nevertheless. Where Diablo still have it's trending cinematic of top possible quality. game itself doesn't look super-impressive. Especially for isometric game, where you actually can put more "pretty" stuff without melting your PC(or console).
PoE on that matter really is more appealing to new player (and some old ones, like me). Which is good. Been loyal to fans is very good and all. But alas it doesn't pays (and i mean in $) nearly as much as one would like.
Last edited by Redwyrm on Nov 24, 2019, 12:59:42 AM
"
Redwyrm wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Diablo plain and simple have it's popularity, where nearly every game simply knows about it. Where PoE still unknown to some. Hence "casual" approach for that (Diablo) game, to appeal to masses.
Where PoE really aim appeal to oldest and most dedicated fans (IMO bit too much), which unfortunately lead to discouraging new player on fully get into the game.

Nevertheless. Where Diablo still have it's trending cinematic of top possible quality. game itself doesn't look super-impressive. Especially for isometric game, where you actually can put more "pretty" stuff without melting your PC(or console).
PoE on that matter really is more appealing to new player (and some old ones, like me). Which is good. Been loyal to fans is very good and all. But alas it doesn't pays (and i mean in $) nearly as much as one would like.

I think this will change with POE2 and will be more fun even for new players, that also play Diablo like me.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Redwyrm wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Diablo plain and simple have it's popularity, where nearly every game simply knows about it. Where PoE still unknown to some. Hence "casual" approach for that (Diablo) game, to appeal to masses.

I would still say both games are rivals though. Diablo 3 got a massive amount of players on launch but many left and never came back.
Many of those oldschool D2 fans moved to PoE.
Hardcore players (not the gamemode) does alot for the community.
Its obvious D4 is trying to get some of those old fans back now with the more darker look, talent tree, runes etc..
But at the same time they are Blizzard and aim for the big masses. So it will be hard for them to compromise. I think they want to seam like D4 will have alot of depth.
Question is if it really will...

"
WickedSausage wrote:
"
Redwyrm wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:

I would still say both games are rivals though. Diablo 3 got a massive amount of players on launch but many left and never came back.
Many of those oldschool D2 fans moved to PoE.
Hardcore players (not the gamemode) does alot for the community.
Its obvious D4 is trying to get some of those old fans back now with the more darker look, talent tree, runes etc..
But at the same time they are Blizzard and aim for the big masses. So it will be hard for them to compromise. I think they want to seam like D4 will have alot of depth.
Question is if it really will...

Not really many returned including me, when i bough Eternal collection recently. Amazingly they fixed the game by a milestone. It is absolutely fun and interesting and the Lore is so fun to explore. Cinematics are amazing <3. Incredible amount of fun and progression is just spot on.

GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info